chapter 47

Walking downstairs with the pillows in my hand I took a deep breath, hoping Harry won't bring up what happened any time soon. I know he wouldn't hit me, it was just a reflex.

Not a big deal.

I dropped the pillows on the couch, grabbing a small blanket and laying down facing the tv. I flipped through the channels, watching a random nature documentary to help me fall asleep.

As I started to close my eyes and grow tired I heard the bedroom door open, then close again. I kept my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep. I really don't want to talk right now.

I listened as Harry walked down the stairs, sighing as he saw me. "I know you're awake Ember. Talk to me, please"

I let out a deep breath, shaking my head and sitting up, looking up at Harry. "I don't want to talk Harry. Please let me go to sleep"

He didn't leave, sitting down besides me. "Ember"

"Jesus Harry, just go!" I said, cringing at my harsh tone. I didn't mean to just close up on him, it was a self defense mechanism. I could feel him tense besides me, but he didn't get up to leave.

"Why did you flinch?"

"I didn't."

"I'm not blind Ember"

"Good for you" I said, getting up and heading to the bedroom, if he wasn't going to leave, I'll do it. Harry stood up, grabbing my arm making me face him. My eyes grew wide at his fast contact, looking up at him.

"Harry. Let me go." I said sternly.

He looked at his hands then me, immediately letting go.

I stared at him for a second, growing frustrated. "Why didn't you come?" He looked at me, then at the ground sheepishly. "Answer me Harry. You wanted to talk? Talk."

"I didn't want things to get like this"

I shook my head, not knowing what he was talking about. "Get like what?"

He sighed, rubbing his face with his hands, his voice getting a bit louder. "Like this" he said, motioning between us. "So serious!"

I dropped my jaw a bit, not believing what he was saying. "Excuse me?"

He shook his head, pushing his hair out of his face. "That not what I meant- I mean" his voice got tense and loud, making me step back.

"No Harry, you just said you didn't want to get serious. What is this? What are we? Because I thought this is what you wanted" I yelled, my emotions took over again, my heart hurting.

He didn't want this?

I was going to tell him I love him tonight.

Of course he doesn't feel the same.

"Ember, that's not- I really like you it's just" I shook my head, my eyes threatening to spill tears. "Nope, I got it Harry. No need to rub salt in the wound."

I turned around heading to the stairs, sniffing as I felt my heart break.

"I love you Ember"

I froze, my muscles tensing as I took a sharp inhale of breath. My ears must be playing tricks on me. I turned around slowly, my breathing shallow as I saw Harry standing there. He looked so tired and distressed, desperate for me to come back to him.

"What?" My voice was strained, the tears falling down.

Harry took a breath before answering, running his hand through his hair, a behavior he picked up from me recently. "I love you. The reason I didn't come tonight was because I didn't want to go through all these- these steps. These milestones of a relationship because I know you would leave. I can't have you leave again Ember."

Before I could think, my body moved for me. I closed the space between us, grabbing his jaw firmly and pressing my body against his. I placed my lips on mine, relief immediately taking over my body as he kissed me back, my skin on fire and my stomach going crazy. He let out a small hum, hugging me closer and he pulled me by my waist.

I pulled back, both of us breathless as I held his face in my hands, looking up at his eyes, searching for any sign that this is some kind of cruel prank.

"Say it again"

His plump red lips parted, a small smile hiding on them.

"I love you" he said, chuckling a bit.

I pushed my eyebrows together, my limbs tingling as I smiled brightly.

"I love you too" I said, pressing another emotion filled kiss on Harry's lips.

I then remembered the rest of today, pulling back and hitting his chest. He stumbled back, laughing and letting out a small, "Ow!"

I rolled my eyes, trying my best to stay mad at him. "You were a dick today, Harry" I pouted, seeing him try to hide his smile at my behavior. He surprised me as he walked close, picking up my thighs and wrapping them around his waist.

"I know. I'm sorry"

"You should be" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"What can I do to apologize" He said, placing a kiss on my neck.

Smooth Harry. I'll give it to ya.

"Because I can think of a few things" I rolled my eyes and grabbed his jaw, "Bring me to the bedroom"

"Yes ma'am"