chapter 71

"Come with me" he whined, kissing my neck as I started to walk up. I shook my head and pushed him off as I laughed, "I can't go back to London with you Hare, you'll have to get your things on your own."

Harry groaned as I got up to get ready for work, looking back at him as I changed into my uniform. "You know I would if I could baby" I kissed him goodbye and ran downstairs to meet Chelsea who was driving me to work since Harry had another meeting today.

We had woken up a bit earlier and Harry told me since we'd be living together now he wanted to grab some things from his London home, telling his family the news. He also wanted desperately for me to come with him again, not wanting to be away from me for a few days. I told him it's not a big deal and I can't miss anymore work, of course I would miss him but it's only 3 days.

I also told him it's better than not seeing each other for longer, he would have been leaving anyways since the two months were already over. It's crazy to think we've almost been together for 6 months, time flies.

"Hey girl!" Chelsea yelled from her Jeep, which stood out in the New York area. I waved softly and jumped in, grabbing the small handle on the passenger side roof as she sped off.

"How are things Chels?" I asked, talking about her and Mason. Her body language changed and she tensed a bit, "He called me a lot at first, but I never answered. Think he found someone else to bother" I nodded and hummed, not pushing it.

She dropped my off and said goodbye, leaving me to clock in. As I walked inside I couldn't believe the sight before my eyes.

"Owen?"

Owen was wearing a stained white sweater, gray sweatpants, his blonde hair in disarray as he stared at me with bloodshot eyes. He sent me a drunken peace sign and stumbled into his office, not closing the door behind him.

I set my purse on the break room table and followed him, grimacing as the stench of his office filled my nose. I looked around and saw an air mattress on the floor, a bunch of clothes piled up in the corner.

"Oh my god have you been sleeping here?" I ask not moving farther than the doorway. Owen nodded, grabbing a beer from the mini fridge and downing it, crushing it and throwing it on the floor.

I rolled my eyes and picked it up, placing it in the trash and grabbing the remainder of the alcohol from the fridge, putting it on the break table. "Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" He slurred, about to get up from his chair when i pushed him back down.

"Don't start your shit Owen, your sobering up. Now." He didn't argue and I picked up all of the trash, not knowing why I wanted to help all of a sudden. He's always treated me terribly but that doesn't mean I have to.

I headed to my locker and grabbed a sweatshirt I stole from Harry, going back and handing it to Owen. He scoffed and shook his head, sipping another beer he had hidden somewhere. "I'm not wearing your clothes Ember, your a girl"

I rolled my eyes and groaned, taking the beer and smashing it on the desk. "Wear it you dick, it's Harry's."

"You want me to wear his left overs?"

Okay I had enough, I slapped the bottle over and turned on my heel, "I'm done Owen, get drunk and lose your job. Fuck me for caring."

I stormed out of the room when I felt his hand on my wrist, turning me around. I got deja vu from a week ago, his hold on me soft and tender instead of firm and scary like last time.

"Sorry" He murmured, looking down at his feet and letting me go.

"You're... apologizing?" I asked, stunned.

He nodded and scratched the back of his neck, "Wanna get better. Sober." I scoffed and tilted my head, "Right, what's really going on? Why have you been acting like this lately?" He sighed and licked his lips, "I'm serious Ember, I've been wanting to get sober for a while."

My expression softened and I realized he was serious. I pushed my eyebrows together and sighed a bit frustrated, "But you were never drunk before, at least not at work"

He shook his head and sat down at the break table and I did the same. "I was always pretty good at hiding it but it's gotten a bit too much lately. I need your help."

I felt for him, I did. But he isn't my responsibility.

"You do need help Owen. But not from me, from a professional. Someone who's job is to help alcoholics."

"I'm not an alcoholic-"

"Owen." I cut him off, giving him a serious look as he nodded. "Okay. Okay. Can you... at least help me find someone then?"

"Sure."

I didn't have an amazing feeling about this...

Authors notes:
HIIII babies, I got the job!! Which means i can't update on weekends... but Ihave an idea for a dark kind of enemies to lovers Harry fic... would you read it after I finish Arcane? Let me know ;)
Also, I kind of moved the time ahead so things don't seem so rushed in the future...