chapter 50

"Ember"

I felt a small poking on my cheek, Harry's chest grumbling beneath me as he talked. I hummed slightly, not wanting to get up considering how late we went to sleep last night.

"Ember your phone" I groaned as I heard the ringing, it shouldn't be ringing though, I had off today. "It's on the nightstand" I mumbled, nuzzling my face into Harry's neck as he turned over to grab it, keeping me close.

"It's Chelsea" He said, handing it to me but I waved it away. "Can you answer it for me?" He nodded and answered, "Hey Chelsea, it's Harry"

I heard a small squeal on the phone, Harry moving it away from his ear quickly as it happened. I chuckled and poked his cheek where a dimple appeared, copying his action from earlier. I watched his eyes light up as he put the phone back to his ear, his mumbled a few words to show he was listening, keeping his eyes on me as he did.

"Sure, I'll tell her"

He hung up the phone and placed it back on the nightstand, pulling me closer by my waist. I felt warm and comfortable, not wanting to move. "Chelsea invited us to lunch" He said, a surprised tone in his voice. I looked up, placing my chin on his chest as we met eyes.

"She did, did she?" He nodded, a small smile on his face, "Told her we'd come" I raised an eyebrow, moving my face so my cheek rested on his stomach as well.

"But I'm so comfortable" I complained, wanting to spend my free day with Harry in bed. He nudged my shoulder softly and smiled, "Come on, she's your best friend."

"Yeah yeah, I know. I'll get ready in an hour or so"

"We're leaving in an hour"

i furrowed my brows and grabbed my phone, seeing the time say 11:34 am. "We really slept in" I mumbled, and Harry laughed. "I mean we went to bed really late last night"

I smirked at his innuendo and slapped his chest, "Alright alright, I'm gonna go get ready."

I headed to Harry's closet, he had moved some stuff out to let me put some clothes in there while I looked for an apartment.

And I gotta be honest, the hunt for a cheap enough apartment was not looking too well.

I pulled out a green skirt and black shirt, throwing it on and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Harry followed in his boxers still, looking at me through the mirror making me blush.

As we both got ready and were about to head out he pulled me back, handing me a jacket. "What's this for?"

He shrugged, acting like it was nothing special. "Might get cold"

We headed down to the car, driving to the address Chelsea had provided us, it being a short drive

When we arrived I saw her sitting in a booth by herself, looking through her phone as me and Harry went to join her. She saw us and automatically smiled, "Hi! Oh Ember I missed you" She stood up and hugged me tightly, swaying a bit on our feet.

She was wearing white jeans and a hot pink shirt with some buttons on the top, her usual style. I hugged her back and sat down, watching he awkwardly stand in front of Harry, probably not sure how to greet him. He laughed a bit and went in for a hug, Chelsea accepting right away. When they pulled back Harry came and sat next to me, placing his hand on my thigh gently as the waitress offered us a menu.

We skimmed through the menu together, and I felt Chelsea's eyes on us. I looked up and saw an unrecognizable look on her face, "So, I have a date" She said, looking back at Harry for a second.

He glanced up to listen to Chelsea and I's conversation, "Yeah? When?" I asked, wanting to know more.

"Well he said he was on his way, I wanted you to meet him!"

I bit the inside of my cheek, she invited someone? "What's his name?" A bright smile showed on her face as she leaned on the table "Mason! Isn't that an adorable name?"

I tensed a bit, the name sounding a bit familiar. But it doesn't matter, there's probably thousands on Mason's in New York. Harry noticed my shift in behavior as Chelsea continued to rant, squeezing my thigh reassuringly and sending me a look.

I shook my head slightly, telling him not to worry, continuing to listen to Chelsea.

"He was the guy I told you about, how he took time to let me finish- Oh! He's right there" she said, pointing. I rolled my lips as Harry choked on his drink as he heard the last sentence, I fought back a small smile turning to see where Chelsea was pointing.

My smile immediately fell as my heart did.

I saw a familiar face walk through the door, I hadn't seen him in a few years. His dark blue eyes immediately found mine, growing wide. I felt my breathing pick up as Chelsea ran to hug him, standing on her tippy toes.

He grabbed her waist, keeping his eyes on me as his expression grew dark. It felt like the walls were closing in on me, and I turned back around, facing the opposite way.

"Ember, you alright?" I heard Harry say besides me, but couldn't gather the strength to say anything back. Mason and Chelsea sat back down as he kept his eyes on me, his arm around Chelsea's shoulder possessively. I remember being in her place, except I wasn't wearing the smile she was.

"Ember, Harry, this is Mason!" She said smiling, resting her hand on his shoulder, but there was something off about her tone.

"Nice to see you again, Green."