chapter 20

Harry's point of view.

-

I felt terrible, not only from the look on Ember's face when she saw Alicia, but because Alicia had not let go of my arm this whole fucking party. She was so possessive of me, and we weren't even together. "Wanna get me a drink?" She smirked slyly, looking up at me with her blue eyes, they didn't have the same light Ember's did.

"Get it yourself Alicia, I'm not your maid" I rolled my eyes, pretending to listen in to the conversation with some random ass people I didn't know. She scoffed besides me, taking a breath and pushing herself against me. "Harry... can you pretty please get me a drink?" She said, putting her hand flat on my chest, sliding it down teasingly. I groaned inside my head, getting fed up with her, I sternly grabbed her hand and puller her off.

I turned around to face Alicia, bending down to get on her level. "Get your own fucking drink." Her expression changed quickly, her eyes growing big and her mouth opening to form an o, offense written all over her face. But as quickly as it faltered, it changed back, a big fake smile taking her over face, never reaching her eyes.

"Wait right here, I'll get us both drinks." She said, trailing her hand on my shoulders as she walked, as soon I saw she was out of my sight I walked upstairs to my room. I needed to get the fuck out of there.

I was about to walk past Embers room when I heard a small crash, I would've ignored it but the fact that it was louder than the music I was a bit worried. I moved closer, pressing my ear to it hearing some groaning. I rolled my eyes, opening the door.

"Alright, no fucking in the rooms-" I yelled, stopping when I saw Ember passed out on the floor, an almost empty tequila bottle in her hand. "Shit shit shit" I rushed to her, grabbing her head and moving the hair from her face. "Ember? Ember are you awake?" I felt my heart race, guilt hanging over my head that I left her alone.

"Ember. Wake up." I slightly patted her cheek, loudly sighing with relief as she opened her perfect eyes slightly, the light now dull. "Oh fuck, thank god I thought you were-"

"Get off of me Harry" She said, somehow managing the strength to pick up her arms and push me aside, kneeling as she sat up. She groaned loudly, putting her head in her hands and running them through her hair. She looked at me and scoffed, "I'm not dead, you can go back to your girlfriend now." I heard the hurt in her voice, only making me feel voice.

"She's not my girlfriend" I said, catching her as she was about to fall back down. "How much have you had to drink?" Ember pointed to the bottle, and I sighed. "Let's get you some water to sober up, yeah?" I went to grab her arms to pull her up but she pushed me off again, "Please don't. Leave me alone Harry"

I felt a small sting in my chest as I heard how broken she seemed, I kneeled in front of her as she laid limp against the bed. She refused to look as me as I tilted my head down to catch her eye so I gently grabbed her chin and picked it up with my thumb and pointer finger. "Ember.."

She pouted like a child, making me bite back a smile. "You don't have to worry about anything okay? Alicia is nothing than an old hook up" She looked up at me as if I had grown another head, "Is th- that supposed to make me f-feel better?" She slurred heavily as she talked but I could make it out.

I shook my head, holding her shoulder, "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't think she would show up tonight, but the last time I saw her was a year ago. It wasn't recent." The tips of her lips turned down, but she looked up at me. "Okay.."

I felt the stress leave my shoulders, "Okay. Let's get you some water okay?" She nodded, but stayed on the ground as I went to pick her up. "I'll wait here" I scoffed as I put my hands under her arms and picked her up, catching her as her legs went limp for a second. "Yeah right, I'm not leaving you here alone any longer. I don't want some idiot finding you"

She chuckled as she walked wobbly beside, heading out of the room. "Aww you're worried about me Hare Bear" She mocked the earlier nickname Alicia had given me, making me smile and look down at her. "Don't call me that" I smile, "I think I like what you call me better"

"Hare?"

"That's the one"

We walked down the stairs, me holding onto her waist to make sure she doesn't fall. As we reached the bottom I met eyes with Alicia who was sitting on the couch, drinking and glaring at me and Ember.

"I think your girlfriends mad" Ember chuckled besides me as I picked her up and sat her on the counter, standing between her legs

"I think your girlfriends mad" Ember chuckled besides me as I picked her up and sat her on the counter, standing between her legs. "Not my girlfriend" I said, pouring her water, handing it to her. "Thanks" I watched and made sure she drank it all, hoping it'll sober her up a bit.

As she put the glass down she looked at me, "So.. I'm your friend?" I turned back to her, resting my hands on her knees. "What?" She shrugged her shoulders, playing with the string from her dress, "You always introduced me as your friend" I held back a smile, picking her chin up again. "Yes... and?" I said, grinning widely.

She shook her head to hide her smile, "Is that what we are?" I could hear the insecurity in her voice, I don't think she would have brought this up unless she was this drunk. "What do you want to be?" I admit, I was dragging this along longer than I should have. But it was cute seeing her all shy and vulnerable.

My mind quickly changed when she groaned out loud, grabbing my jaw and pulling me towards her. Our lips connected and I let out a loud groan, this was the last thing I thought she would do. She moved her legs behind me, moving our hips together. I heard a small whine from her as she rolled her hips against mine, our lips dancing together as her tongue danced with mine.

I tasted the alcohol on her lips, hearing her cry as I pulled back. "Shit- sorry it's just.. your drunk" I explained, breathing heavily and moving to stand a bit farther away but still between her legs.

She grabbed my collar and pulled me close, kissing the tip of my nose.

"I don't know what I want to be... but I know I want to figure it out as we go."