chapter 73

I drove back home, fighting the urge to go over the speed limit, eventually pulling to my parking space. I skipped the elevator, running up the stairs and using the left over adrenaline I had to do so without needing to catch my breath.

I fumbled with my keys and swung the door open as Harry's face turned to me from the couch, a confused look on his face. "Ember? What happened I thought-"

"I punched him." I blurt out, my eyes wide and smile growing as I closed the door behind me. Harry's brows pushed together and he stood up, walking
up to me. "What?"

I put both of my hands over my mouth and mumbled "I punched Owen." A small smile grew on his face but then disappeared.

"Wait I thought-"

"He was lying!" I said, interrupting him again. "He lied about the fucking drinking, well I mean he was drinking but he isn't an alcoholic! His dad kicked him out and my guess is he's broke as shit too, he was trying to get in my pants."

Harry faltered a bit, staring at me as I caught my breath. "Wow. Holy shit Ember."

"That's what I said."

He grabbed my right hand and looked at my knuckles, "Jesus, second time now Love, I'm a bit intimidated."

I smirked and walked closer to him "Should be, we all know who's the man of this relationship" I said smiling softly as his jaw dropped. He tsked his tongue and shook his head. "Hmm, you think so?"

I nodded and sent him a challenging look, my face dropping and he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Maybe I should fuck you like one to prove you wrong."

I cleared my throat and nodded, "I mean- if you want to" A deep laugh escaped his throat, his lips pressing a kiss under my ear.

He pulled back and pretended to think for a second, then looking at me. A smile grew on his face as he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder as I let out a small yelp.

I laughed as he carried me to the bedroom, throwing me on the bed with a predatory look on his face.

I'm fucked.

He laid between my legs, reaching up to place my arms over my head and instructing me to leave them there. The adrenaline had worn off and the burst of confidence had disappeared, leaving me a writhing mess on the bed.

He looked at me while playing with the bottom of my t shirt, smiling when I nodded. He ripped off my clothes with no problem and threw his own on the floor, both of us only in our underwear as he pressed a kiss on my sternum.

"You know.." He said, his tongue trailing down slightly as he placed kisses on my body.

"I've been meaning to cross this off my list for a while"

My eyebrows pushed together as I looked down at him, "Cross what off your lis-" Before I could finish Harry had flipped us around, and I found myself on my hands and knees in front of him, trying to catch my breath. He was kneeled behind me as I felt his hand trail down my spine, pressing down to make my back arch.

I let out a small wine when he took off my underwear, kissing my core but leaving as soon as he did.

He moved forward to lean towards me when he paused, his phone ringing in the background. We both shared a sigh as I nodded, "Go get it, could be important."

He nodded and apologized quietly as he went to grab it, coming back 10 minutes later with a sorrow look on your face. I stood up and grabbed his t-shirt putting it on me and walking towards him, "Who was it?"

He moved his lips to the side a bit and frowned, "My manager, I have to leave for London early."

"How early?"

He checked his phone and looked back at me, "20 minutes?" I tilted my head to the side as disappointment filled my chest, "Okay, you have your bag packed?" He nodded and pressed his lips against my forehead. "I'm sorry love, I'll make it up to you yeah?"

"Okay" I said, resting my head against his chest, his warmth radiating off of him.

We spent the last half hour making sure he had everything, driving to the airport and heading to the gate. When they called his boarding class I looked up at him and smiled softly, "See you in three days"

He leaned down and kissed me, his hand on my waist as he said goodbye. "Three days"

Authors note:

Been feeling weird all day so my writing is a bit off and I apologize for that, will update tomorrow again when I'm feeling better!

Also check out my page to see what's new;)
Will update both so don't worry about Arcane ending too soon!