chapter 90

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked up from my mug filled with hot coffee, the small trail of steam rising in the air as I looked up at Harry. I shrugged "There's not much to talk about Harry." I heard him sigh as he went to grab my hand, placing his on top of mine.

"You woke up in a mess Ember, looked at me as if... as if you were scared of me." There was a hint of hurt in his face and I couldn't help but feel bad. It wasn't his fault I had a nightmare. It wasn't my fault either though.

"I'm okay now. That's what matters, plus I don't want to freak you out with our wedding a few days away." I teased, a small chuckle coming from Harry. "About that, I finally called Niall." My eyes shot up and I felt a smile grow on my face, "Did you now? And, he said yes right?"

Harry's face fell, his shoulders tightening as he looked away from me. "Harry?" I asked, my head tilting to the side as he frowned. "He said he couldn't, that it wasn't the same since we haven't seen each other in a while." My jaw dropped and I scoffed.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my voice raising a bit as Harry looked down at his hands, refusing to look my way. I felt angry, angry for Harry. I can't believe his own best friend said no to being his best man.

I jumped off the stool and went to go for my phone when I heard Harry ask behind me "W- Where are you going?" I turned back around and held up my phone, "Calling this son of a bitch! Who does he think he is to say no to-" I cut myself off, glaring at Harry who had a big grin on his face.

His cheeks were bright red from holding in laughter as his eyebrows pushed together in attempt to hold it together

His cheeks were bright red from holding in laughter as his eyebrows pushed together in attempt to hold it together. My lips parted and I squinted my eyes, putting my phone in my pocket and walking towards Harry.

"Harry..." I started, a small giggle leaving his lips.

"Yes, my love?" He said in a loving tone as his hands rested on my hips. I scoffed and shook my head as he burst out laughing quickly and said, "I wanted to lighten the mood a bit. Of course Niall said yes!"

I pushed his chest lightly in disbelief and frowned. "Very funny" I turned around to walk away when he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. "I'd like to think so. Had to practice a bit of acting!" He said in a dramatic theatrical voice as he held his hand up with a smile.

I tilted my head as I stared at the goofball, going on and on about how he can't believe I actually fell for it. "I'll get you back ya know. When you least expect it too!" I said, poking his chest with my pointer finger. He raised a brow and chuckled, "Of course you will." He said in sarcasm, spurring me on.

The rest of the day was calm, and we decided to go to the Farmers Market to pick up some ingredients for dinner. Harry's hand found mine as we roamed through the aisles, his small humming filling the air as he picked up some fruits and put them in my basket.

We headed to the cash register, Harry putting all the things we were going to buy on the conveyer belt of the register. I felt Harry stiffen besides me as I emptied the cart, I frowned and looked up at him. "Hey baby is everything alright-" before I could finish my sentence he grabbed both of my shoulders and turned me around gently, making me face away from the line of people getting ready to pay.

I raised a brow in confusion as I looked up at him, "What are you doing?" I asked in a smile, it slowly disappearing as I see the stern expression on his face.

"Harry." I say a bit more firmly, seeing him sigh and look down at him.

"Let's hurry and pay yeah?" He said, getting his wallet out and going to the cashier, quickly jamming his credit card into the small device to pay. I frowned as he threw the bags into the cart, turning to find what made him so determined to get out of here.

I looked at the line behind us, my chest tightening as I saw the unforgettable face two people away from me.

Mason.