chapter 59

I got a text from Harry telling me was here to pick me up, I quickly took off my apron and clocked out, bumping into a familiar yet bony body. I looked up and saw Owen glaring at me, "Oops, my bad. See ya tomorrow Owen" He didn't reply and I didn't wait for one as I walked past him, gasping when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards him.

"What are you doing? Let go." I said firmly, my eyes switching from where he was holding me to his eyes, he blinked a few times, stuttering and let me go. I left before he got the chance to say anything, looking back at my wrist which was starting to turn red.

I shook my head and walked towards Harry's car, seeing him wait inside. He smiled as soon as he saw me, unlocking the car letting me step inside. "Everything okay?" He asked immediately taking notice of my strange behavior as I furrowed my brows. "Yeah, let's go home and get ready"

I didn't talk much the whole ride back, trying to figure out what the fuck just happened. Yeah Owen was a dick but he never grabbed me or got physical, he was all bark and no bite. Whatever, I need to stop worrying about this and focus on what's happening tonight.

We walked inside and I went to the closet to get some clothes, throwing them together and putting them on.

I stole the jacket from Harry, something I've been doing a lot of recently, I've basically lived in his clothes

I stole the jacket from Harry, something I've been doing a lot of recently, I've basically lived in his clothes. But he didn't seem to mind.

I headed downstairs, slowing down when I saw Harry. He was wearing brown pants, a white tshirt with brown and beige striped covered by a light green jacket. I walked up to him with a smile and stood on the balls of my feet as I went for a kiss, "Well don't you look pretty" I smirked as he raised his eyebrows.

"Hmm, thank you love" He mumbled going in for another kiss but I held him back by his jaw, "Uh uh, don't wanna be late." He groaned and walked with me back to the car as I texted my mom we were on our way.

As we drove Harry pulled over on the side of the road suddenly, "What are you doing?" I asked, watching as he stepped out of the car and walked to the flower field where we pulled over, grabbing a handful of them and grabbing a hair tie, tying them together. He gave the bouquet and smiled, "For your mum, a peace offering" I smiled and shook my head slightly, he really is perfect isn't he?

We arrived as Harry had the flowers in his hand, mine in his other as I knocked on the door. I could feel he was a bit nervous to meet my mother again so I squeezed his hand reassuringly. "She'll love you Hare, don't freak out okay?" He nodded and licked his lips, the door opened with my mum on the other side, a big smile on her face as she saw Harry.

She stepped forward and immediately hugged him, "Harry! So nice to see you again" She said, it looked like she was choking him. When she pulled back I saw his face slightly red as he handed her the flowers, "For you" My mother gasped in surprise and graciously took them, "Wow, what a lovely gift! I'll be sure to put these in a vase. Come in come in" She insisted as we followed her inside.

Harry walked a step in front of me, seeming excited about something. He looked and stopped me from walking with a hint of a smile on his face, "Uhm, I left my phone in the car, can you grab it for me?" I gave him a look but nodded, "Is it in the seat?" I asked, wanting to get back as soon as possible, he shrugged "Don't know, must've forgot. Thanks love" He said, quickly pressing his lips against mine and turning me around and letting me walk.

I walked outside and unlocked the car, opening the door and looking in his seat, then mine, then the glove compartment. It wasn't anywhere I even looked in the backseat, I decided to try and call it from my own phone. I listened carefully for any ringing or buzzing but didn't get anywhere closer, sighing I walked back inside seeing Harry talk with my mum who had an ecstatic look on her face.

She saw me walk in and tried her best to hide it, Harry turning around with a bright smile. "Hey, couldn't find it in the car. You sure you brought it with you?" He stuck out his bottom lip in thought as he patted his pockets, sucking in some air as he reached into one and pulled out his phone. "Guess it was here the whole time, sorry about that."

I squinted my eyes, getting a little weirded out by him as he smirked at my reaction.

God, the things that smirk does to me

God, the things that smirk does to me. I waited for my mum to walk in the kitchen as I walked towards Harry, putting my hands on his chest playing with his collar. "Now what are you up to baby?" I said lowly, looking into his green eyes.

He raised his eyebrows and shook his head, "Have no idea what you mean. Come on, dinner smells great"