Chapter 106

Today's the day, I hadn't seen Harry as I woke up, Zayn telling me he had left to make sure we didn't see each other until the wedding. I guess it's bad luck.

They all told me they had their own plus ones that they brought, who I was all excited to meet. As I was sharing breakfast with them I heard some knowing on the door, I hopped off the stool and opened the door, smiling as I saw Rowan at the door.

"Congratulations!" They yelled, going in for a hug as I laughed. "I'm not married until later" They shook their head, "Still counts, you need to get ready" They yelled, after seeing I was still wearing my pajamas. I nodded, realizing they were probably right. I looked at the boys, "Here let me introduce you to some people, then you can help me get ready."

I brought Rowan to the kitchen, the boys all looking up at them from their own breakfast. Rowan smiled at me, then them, waving hi. I was surprised by how chill they were, if it was Chelsea she would scream and freak out about she was meeting the One Direction members. I guess that's something else about Rowan, they were always happy for me, never tried to make my moments their own.

And today was my day, they weren't trying to take it away from me. It makes me realize how good of a friend they are, that they are the friend I deserve. They all greeted each other, talking about how they would see them all at the wedding, saying goodbye as I kissed Finny on the head and gave a pair of keys to Zayn, the one I trusted the most with not burning to house down.

Rowan and me drove to the wedding venue, where I would get ready in a separate building, Harry's car in the driveway. I didn't look at any other places then where I needed to go at the moment, I wanted to see it all truly ready later.

We walked into the brides dressing room, it felt weird knowing Harry was only one soundproof wall away from me.

As I walked in I saw my mom in the room already, setting up makeup and hair supplies. When she heard the door open she turned around, her features softening as she saw me, her eyes swelling up immediately. I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled, "Oh come on mum, please don't cry." She laughed and walked forward, flinging her arms around me as she sniffled softly.

"My baby's getting married today, so grown up." I groaned softly, "Yeah yeah, this is a good day today. Come on, make me beautiful." I say, tilting my head and sitting down in front of the vanity.

My mum was to do my makeup, Rowan my hair since they used to work at a salon. I trusted them, since it was a small small wedding me and Harry only picked one bridesmaid and one best man, Rowan my bridesmaid and Niall, Harry's best man. Rowan said they would be more comfortable wearing a suit, how could I say no? They looked great, it was a dark green suit to match the rest of the theme.

After my mom finished my make up and Rowan finished my hair I looked in the mirror, gasping slightly.

It was exactly what I wanted, I had no need to be exact with them, they just knew

It was exactly what I wanted, I had no need to be exact with them, they just knew. I stopped myself before I was the one who was crying, tilting my head with a smile as I looked up at both of them. "It's perfect. Really, thank you guys." They smiled and came down to hug me, Rowan going to grab my dress.

I didn't realize how much time had past, all of us talking and it was only an hour or two until I was to walk down to see Harry.

Rowan came back with my dress 15 minutes later, taking it out of the big bag and helping me put it on, the whole process took over thirty minutes. After it was on I looked in the mirror, my chest tightening as I saw myself.

"What do you think?" My mom asked me, and I couldn't say anything, finding myself utterly speechless.

I turned around the both my mom and Rowan, "Everything is utterly perfect." I whispered, both of them exclaiming and 'woohoo'ing at my words, rushing to hug me as Rowan picked me up, spinning me around as I laughed. As they put me down I thanked them, saying I was going outside for some air, in the back of the building by the small porch.

They told me to be careful not to see Harry yet, sending me off as I walked outside, the cold air hitting my skin as I smiled. The dream last night had shaken me up a bit, but I feel good now.

As I went back inside I get held back when I heard a loud rip, my air leaving my lungs as I froze up. I looked down at the fabric of my dress as I shook my head. "Oh- no no no no" I said frantically, taking the bundle of fabric in my hand and feeling a tear run down my cheek. I sighed and sniffed my nose, looking around then back at my ruined dress.

I took my phone and held it up to my ear, it picking up on the second ring.

"Couldn't stand to be away from me for so long could you, darling?" Harry's perfect voice answered.

"Come here, please." I said, sitting on one of the chairs on the porch, staring at the big rip in my dress.

"Isn't that bad luck?" He chuckled.

"Please, just- I'm by the porch." I said, my voice cracking. I heard his breathing change, "I'll be right there.

After a few minutes I heard the door open behind me, my eyes meeting my Fiancé's. He was wearing a black tux, small dark green lines running around the fabric in pretty patterns. Harry  jaw dropped as he saw me,

"You look-"

"Terrible" I whine, showing him my ruined dress. His eyes softened, and I watched as he kneeled down to look at the rip, he looked back up at me and grabbed my hand, kissing my hands. "No, you looked perfect, Ember." He said, small tears in his eyes. I scoffed and took his face in my hands, "Come on, we can't both be crying right now."

He chuckled softly, "It's no big deal baby, just a dress" I frowned, "It's not just a dress, it's the one thing I could really get control of over today and-" My words failed me as Harry grabbed a pair of scissors that were on the table near us and took a hold of his tie, not hesitating as he cut it in half.

I gasped as he handed me the end of it, a big smile on his face.

"Oh my god, Harry your tie"

"There, now we're even." He said, not an ounce of regret in his voice.

I stared at him in awe. Yup, there is no doubt in my mind this is the man I want to marry.

Authors note:

Did you catch The Office reference? ;)

So bad news.. only a few chapters of this book left:(

But here's good news as well, as soon as the last chapter of this book is published, and I click the complete tag... the first few chapters of my new book 'Solare' will already be out! It's a Harry book as well, so don't worry:)

I do hope you decide to come along to this next thing with me, supporting me in it just as you have this. If not, it was an amazing and short little section in both our lives that we have shared, thank you.