chapter 67

We carried Finny into the vet's office, sitting down on a bench as Harry's leg bounced up and down, his hands on his lap as his jaw tensed. I bit my lip to disguise my smile as I ran my hand through Finny's fur as we waited, "Doesn't feel so good does it baby?" I asked.

He turned his head to look at me, "Really? This was all revenge for you?" I shrugged with a raised brow, "What did you think it was?"

He stared at me for a second and then let out a small laugh, "Alright alright, fair enough." I hid my smile as the vet walked in, cleaning her hands with some sanitizer and saying hello to Finny.

"Now where did you come from?" She said in a baby voice, and I really do hope she didn't expect an answer. "I found her in a dumpster behind my work place, we brought her home and wanted to
make sure she was healthy." The vet looked up and between me and Harry, "You didn't adopt her?"

I looked at Harry and back at the vet, shaking my head. "Uhm no, we did want to keep her though. There was no collar or anything and we figured if the owner can leave her in the trash maybe it's for the best." The vet gave us a 'subtle' look and frowned a bit.

Is there a problem?

"Okay well let's set her on the table here" She picked Finny up who couldn't seem to care less and brought her on the small table. We sat in silence as the vet examined Finny, doing things that I wasn't sure did anything.

Harry's hand moved from his thigh to mine, the warmth from his hand radiating through my body. I turned my head towards him and sent him a warning look, seeing him shrug and smile a shit eating grin as he kept his eyes forward.

Okay Harry, just don't try anything-

As soon as my train of thought finished he started tapping his fingers against my thigh, humming quietly as he kept his eyes on Finny. "Everything okay, doc?" He asked, slight sarcasm in his voice that I doubt anybody else would pick up on.

She stood up straight and looked at Harry's hand on my thigh which had moved up a generous amount. She cleared her throat and nodded "Yes, everything seems to check out. Mind if I take her in the back for a blood test?"

"Go ahead" I smiled both of us watching Finny send us a death stare. I wiggled my fingers goodbye at her as the door closed, and as soon as the latch clicked I turned to Harry, pressing my hand on his throat as I pushed him backwards against the wall.

His eyes turned dark but he didn't resist, a gut wrenching smirk on his face as I raised a brow.

"Whats your angle, Styles?"

He softly reached his hand up and placed it around my wrist, slowly yet firmly lowering it as he leaned forward, my heart hammering and my throat closing as he made me slowly fall back. He stopped me by using his free hand to support my back as his breath hit my neck. "Whatever do you mean, Evergreen? Just being a loving boyfriend." He said as I felt his lips press against my neck, making a low breath leave my lips.

He moved upwards as his nose nudged mine, "Just shouldn't have teased me like sweet girl, bad idea." The corners of my mouth turned up a bit as I let my head fall back, "Are you threatening me?"

I felt him tut his tongue, shaking his head and meeting my gaze. "I would never threaten you, I love you" He said, a mocking tone to his voice. I tilted
my head as he talked, "I love you too, you know what that means?"

He hummed a response, curious.

I sat back up and pressed my hand against his chest,
making him move back. "It means I know when your bullshitting me." He opened his mouth to talk but got interrupted when the door opened again, the vet handing Finny to us as she pulled out a small file.

I felt Harry huff some air out in frustration as I bit back a smile, kissing the top of Finny's head as she cuddled up on my lap.

"So everything's good, everything checked out. Just a bit malnourished but I'm sure you'll feed her." She gave us a tight lipped smile and said goodbye as we walked out, heading back to the car.

Harry drove and I hummed along to the radio, he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel in a somewhat nervous manner.

"Wanna go to dinner Saturday?" He spit out suddenly, making me jump a bit and chuckle.

"Sure, crazy. I'd love to go to dinner with you, any special occasion?" I asked nonchalantly, playing with Finny's fur.

"What? No. Why would you think that?" He asked defensively, making my eyebrows shoot up.

"Uhm, I was just asking, relax Hare. Why are you so wound up all of a sudden" I heard him let out a long breath and shake his head, "Road gets me a bit anxious" He chuckled nervously as we got home.

I handed him the cat and smiled, "Okay weirdo, let's go upstairs."

-

Hi! Sorry for updating later than usual, had end of year exams and it got me more tired than usual. Will probably be only updating one chapter per day until Friday, sorry about that Loves.