Chapter 40: Sneaking Out, First Birthday, & Happy Pill

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Thursday, April 1, 2021~4:27PM-

~Chase's POV~

It was towards the end of my party, but there was still so much left to it as these things tend to go all day. As much as I loved our social gatherings, I still needed a break. When I didn't think anyone was looking, I exited the practice room where our party was being held. I started to walk down the hallway, just to get away, and looked into every room I saw, curious if there was anything I could do.

I looked into one of the other practice rooms to discover a piano sitting in the corner. I smiled and walked into the unoccupied practice room. I walked over to the piano and inspected it before grabbing a chair and sitting in front of the piano. I touched one of the keys and the note echoed throughout the room. I grinned wide and started to play a song on the piano. When I finished, I heard clapping from behind me. I immediately stood up and turned to see one of my party guests: Lunacy's Teddy.

"Hyung." I said, a bit flustered at the situation.

Teddy smiled and walked over to me. "That was beautiful, Chase. You are really good."

"Oh, it was nothing." I blushed. "But thank you."

"For somebody who can't play piano, it definitely wasn't nothing." Teddy said, admiring the beautiful piece of instrument in front of him.

"You can't play?" I asked.

Teddy looked at me and shook his head. "Nope, I can play drums and cello, that's it."

I snickered at the second instrument he claimed to play.

"Are you judging me?" He said with a playful tone.

"No, no, not at all." I said, still laughing to myself.

Teddy rolled his eyes then sat in front of the piano.

"I can teach you if you'd like." I said, sitting beside him.

He turned his head and I could feel his breath against mine. I smiled before grabbing his finger and placed it on a note.

"Just play something and I'll follow it up." I told him.

"Chase, I can't." He said, his face growing red with embarrassment.

"Hyung, trust me." I said, wrapping my hand around his.

Our eyes met and he flashed a half-smile before taking a deep breath. He would play a note and I would play one that matched it. By the end, we were making beautiful music together.

"That was fun." Teddy said with a bright smile.

"Wasn't it?" I asked. "Especially since we snuck in. That's what makes it exhilarating."

Teddy snickered then stood up. "We should get back to your party."

I pulled his arm down, causing him to sit back down.

"If you want me to enjoy my birthday, stay here with me." I said, placing my head on his shoulder.

"Chase-" He muttered.

I placed my palm against his and started to interlock our fingers, one by one. Before I could finish, he had interlocked them all at once. I smiled then turned my head to look up at him. He looked down at me the best he could and smiled.