Chapter 50: First Week of Promotions Has Members Feeling Not Themselves

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Tuesday, July 26, 2022~6:37PM-

~Bunny's POV~

I found a seat on a speaker that wasn't being used and sat down, playing with my necklace. A minute later, Jiwoo took a seat beside me. She didn't say anything, instead, pushed my shoulder with her's, causing me to look at her.

"You okay?" She asked.

I just looked back down at my necklace as I continued to play with it. "Yeah, of course."

"Liar." She replied.

"How do you know?" I asked, looking at her. I know we've spent every day of the last two months together but I didn't think she knew me enough to know my habits.

"You just seem down." She said. "And I'm observant enough to know playing with a necklace is a habit of nerves or sadness. So which is it?"

"Nerves." I lied again, looking down.

"I'm not sure I believe you." She said. "The rest of us seem nervous, you seem sad. It's like our debut stage isn't even on your mind. How come?"

I stared at her then back down. I was hesitant to tell her the truth, after all I've always had problems when it came to making friends.

"Bunny." She said, grabbing my free hand. "We're a family now, you can trust me. I want to be there for you as your unnie. Please let me."

I looked at her again and somehow her words and embrace felt comfortable. "Today is my birthday and I've never spent it without BunBun before."

Jiwoo's eyes widened. I could tell she felt guilty that she forgot it was my birthday but I didn't blame her because we've been so busy. I also didn't care that much because BunBun was all that was on my mind.

I heard Jiwoo let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry you don't get to spend your birthday with BunBun. I'm sure he's thinking about you and even watching tonight."

I smiled as I knew my best friend definitely will be, just as I did for his promotions. "He will be."

"I know I can't do anything about BunBun not being here but I can do something about your birthday." She said. "After the show, we are going out to celebrate and you can't say no, understood?!"

I snickered at her attempt to cheer me up. "Deal."

"Good!" She exclaimed, jumping up from her seat. "Now we should cheer for our stage."

I looked at her. "It's not even time-"

"Royal Colors on standby!" The staff called out.

Jiwoo grinned and I just chuckled. I had no idea how she did that but it was freaky. The six of us joined up by the stairs.

"This is where we cheer then." Soeun said, only hearing about it from the already debuted members.

"Yup!" Jiwoo exclaimed, putting her hand out first. I could tell she was acting perky to try to make me feel better and somehow it was working. "If you girls don't mind, I would like to do the honors."

"Go for it!" Christine exclaimed.

"You are the oldest after all." K added.

"Only by a couple months." Rosie chimed in, gritting her teeth.