Chapter 18: End-of-Year Birthdays & New Year's!

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Saturday, December 29, 2018~10:00PM-

~D.NK's POV~

Practice was ending and everyone was heading home. I was one of the last to leave, the Jeon twins and JC being left too.

"James hyung isn't taking us home?" I asked them, confused due to the fact that it was unusual for the older members to leave us here.

"Nope." Changbin replied.

"Instead, we are going out." Changwoo said, throwing his arm around my neck.

"Its 10 at night." I said, looking at them like they were crazy. "Where could we possibly be going?"

"You'll see when we get there." JC said with a smirk.

"Now grab your stuff and let's go." Changwoo said, lightly hitting my back.

The twins started walking out and JC and I followed behind them, all of our practice stuff in hand. They started heading towards the park.

"We're going to the park?" I asked them. "Are the others okay with this?"

"Would you stop asking questions?" Changwoo said, playfully sounding annoyed.

"Don't worry, oppa." JC said to me, a warm smile upon her face.

As much as I wanted to worry, I just couldn't. JC made me feel safe.

As we got closer to the park, I could see more lights. More than just the street lights. We got close to the gazebo where the light was coming from and I see familiar bodies, standing there. I start to move slow as I try to process everything. The bodies come closer into the light and that's when I feel my eyes start to water.

"Happy Birthday, Sunghoon!" Everyone said, even JC and the twins who were standing by the others facing me.

I turned around and tried to keep myself together. That's when I felt myself being hugged. I turn my head to look at them. It was the two who I was most happy to see.

"Why are you crying, huh?" One of them said, the older one.

"I didn't expect to see you guys." I told them. "With all that you are going through-"

"How could we not be here?" The other said. "We may be going through a lot, but nothing could surpass you."

I smile and start to cry more. They tighten their hug and I compose myself in between their chests.

"Seunghyun hyung, Seokcheol hyung." I heard a familiar squeaky voice. "You can't keep him all to yourselves."

I look up from my brothers and see the rest of TheEastLight.

"All of you are here?!" I asked shocked.

"Of course." Eunsung said, flashing a heartwarming smile.

I smile and walk over, hugging them all at once. Afterwards, I looked at who else was there.

"Changbin hyung?" I asked giving him a hug. It was the one from Stray Kids. "You were even able to come?"

"It was rough, but yeah." He nodded with a smile.

I smiled before looking at the final person.

"Orion hyung!" I exclaimed, hugging the person who always looks after me from Pinky.