Chapter 43: Pop & A.D's Birthday Surprises For One Another

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sunday, May 30, 2021~12:47PM-

~Pop's POV~

We arrived at Inkigayo only to find the boys were not there yet. Considering they left the last schedule before us, they should have already arrived.

"The boys aren't here yet?" I asked as we walked into our empty dressing room.

"Woohyun oppa said they stopped for gas." Chewy responded.

"It shouldn't take that long to get gas." I scoffed.

"Daehyun probably dragged them into the convenience store." Kaoru said.

"Don't worry about it." Heaven said. "It takes us much longer to get ready anyway. Let's just get started."

I nodded and tried not to think about the boys being late. A lot ran through my mind. I was hopeful, probably too hopeful, but I eventually threw the thoughts out of my mind.

---

After about ten minutes, the boys finally arrived.

"What took you guys so long?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Daehyun made us stop at the convenience store." Ricky rolled his eyes as he was the first to walk in.

"Told you!" Kaoru shouted from her makeup chair.

I watched as the boys filed in. I was hoping to see somebody special, but all I saw was the normal five boys. I sighed, but immediately grew hopeful again as I didn't see our manager Woohyun.

"Where's Woohyun?" I asked.

"Bringing in our outfits." Tyson responded.

"Oh." I grew sad again.

I turned around and made my way back to my makeup chair. I let my makeup artist continue my makeup as the boys got started on their's. After a few moments, the door opened to  Woohyun walking in. I watched for a few more seconds, but nothing. I sighed and that's when I knew I should stop hoping.

By that time, my makeup was done so I grabbed my outfit and went inside the changing stall to change. After a few minutes of putting on the outfit, I made my way out. I opened the stall only to find a body right in front of me. I initially screamed as one would, but grew excited as I saw who it was.

"A.D oppa!" I shouted, throwing my arms around him.

"Happy Birthday Pop." He said, embracing me back.

We stood there, swaying in each other's arms for quite a few seconds.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him after our hug.

"The guys picked me up." He responded. "They let me come surprise you on your birthday."

"We thought you might be a little upset that you can't have a big party or spend it with your boyfriend so we brought him here." Alex said with a smile.

"Awe, thank you guys." I said, hugging my boyfriend once more.

"Wait." I pushed back when I realized what he said before. "If the guys picked you up, why didn't you walk in with any of them?"

A.D snickered as one of the other boys spoke up.

"The girls told us you were asking questions as to why we were late." Gyutae started to explain. "So we figured you might have been catching on. So, we walked in together, then Woohyun alone while A.D was actually just outside the door the entire time."