Chapter 65: Live Broadcast Final Rehearsal Moments

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Wednesday, December 13, 2023~6:21PM-

~Evelyn's POV~

We were doing the last rehearsal before dress/tech rehearsal for the live show since it was just a few days away. While I participated in the show, my mind was elsewhere. I constantly kept looking out at the crew to see if Tyson was there. We invited the members to come to the rehearsals and the live show as our backstage audience but even with four rehearsals prior to this, Tyson still never showed up. I understood why though, he's been busy preparing for the next comeback after our's. Still, it made me sad to not see him show up to something for me.

We were 20 minutes into the rehearsal. We had already done the opening performance and the introduction greetings. Now it was time for the solo rehearsals and I was sitting in the crew as A.D performed first. At this point, I was preparing myself for my performance trying to forget about Tyson. That's when the members of the comeback group walked through the doors. I smiled when I saw Tyson but then my nerves suddenly took over. Before I could hide from him, Tyson saw me and made his way over.

"Hey, have you performed yet?" He asked me.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm next though."

"Perfect." He smiled. "I made it just in time then."

I couldn't help but smile knowing he came just for me, exactly what I wanted. This was my chance, my chance to be brave.

"You haven't heard the song yet, right?" I asked him.

"No." He replied. "Which is why I'm really excited."

"Well, I wrote the song." I told him.

His jaw dropped with amazement as he looked at me instead of at A.D whom we both had been watching the performance of.

"You're kidding!" He said.

I shook my head, blushing from shy pride.

"Evelyn, that's amazing!" Tyson said, hugging me.

As my shy arms were holding together in front of me, I wasn't able to hug him back as they were locked between our bodies. Still I managed to push him away.

"Oppa." I used a serious tone to get his attention. "I want you to listen to the lyrics very carefully because I'm singing to you."

His gaze got lost in my eyes for a minute and I could tell he seemed a bit confused or worrisome or something because his smile faded a little, not to a frown but to a concerned state.

"Okay." He nodded. "I'll listen thoroughly."

"Thank you." I told him, turning back to watch A.D as he finished.

As the crew and audience clapped for the effect, I grabbed my microphone and took a deep breath. Then the lights faded on our studio stage and I traded places with A.D. As the music started, the lights stayed dim until I started singing and then they came on me. I sang the love song I wrote to Tyson confessing my feelings to him, even having the bravery to look at Tyson while I sang it. He looked immersed in the song, not reacting, and that's how I knew he was really listening to every word.

When the song was over, my heart beat fast as I made my way off stage. This was our first live break which was five minutes. I went straight to the microphone stand where I put down my microphone and shook my hands to dry the sweat that grew from nerves. While I did that, Tyson walked over.