Chapter 67: D.NK's Erratic Emotions

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Monday, January 1, 2024~2:28PM-

~D.NK's POV~

We arrived at Vixen's birthday party after practice. We were later than everyone else of course and I looked around for certain people. Suddenly I heard my name get called.

"Sunghoonie!" The use of my real name caught me so off guard I whipped my head around, only to see my older brother Seokcheol heading my way. I had forgotten Vixen was friends with his old group so him being here made sense in the end.

"Hyung!" I shouted, running up to my brother and hugging him.

"Awe, well I missed you too, little brother." He said, ruffling my hair. "I heard you're finally in another RC group. It's about time."

"Yeah." I snickered then looked around. "Is Seunghyun here too?"

"Yeah, last I saw him he was with JC by the ping pong table." Seokcheol said.

"Okay, I'm going to go say hi." I told Seokcheol. "I'll come by and find you again later."

"Okay." Seokcheol nodded.

We hugged once more before I made my way to the ping pong table. Before I got there, I noticed Seunghyun was with JC and he was holding her wrist, looking at her bracelet. I saw him smirk and continue to hold her hand when he was talking to her, not even looking at her bracelet anymore. This was when I got upset as I could tell Seunghyun was flirting with her. He knew I liked JC too so this just made me even more sad. I was so distraught I didn't know what to do, all I knew is that I didn't want to see my brother. So, I turned around and left the practice room, walking home by myself. I texted my current group group chat so they knew I left early and headed to the dorm where I just kicked and screamed into my pillows and drowned my sadness out with anything I could find.

*****

-Thursday, January 4, 2024~11:39AM-

~Hikaru's POV~

We've been practicing for almost two hours now and D.NK's motivation just didn't seem to be there. In fact, it didn't seem to be there the past two days either.

We took a quick break and immediately, D.NK walks over to the wall and slides down, just sitting and staring at his phone. The rest of us gathered in a group unconsciously.

"Anyone know what's wrong with him?" Sungmin asked.

We all shook our heads.

"All I know is he's not taking his mood stabilizers, or any of his meds really." Changbin said.

"How do you know that?" Taeyong asked.

Changbin rubbed the back of his neck. "I might have went home and checked after his outburst in practice yesterday. He seemed odd to me, it just wasn't D.NK so I thought I'd check."

"When was the last time he took them?" Hanwoo asked.

"Monday."

"That was when he went home early from Vixen's party." Tyson said. "I wonder if something happened there."

"Who saw D.NK last at that party?" Evil asked.

"I'm sure it was JC." I stated. "Those two are so close."