Chapter 44: No Longer Rookies, Weird Feelings From Twins, & Final Performance

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Monday, June 7, 2021~6:11PM-

~James' POV~

We finished setting up the catering when I sighed from the hard work.

"When are the others getting here?" Christine, who was helping me set up, asked.

I pulled out my phone to see I got a new message from Scout seven minutes ago, saying they were on their way.

"Any minute now." I responded, sliding my phone back in my pocket.

"Was that Scout who told you?" Christine asked.

"Yeah." I responded.

"Of course it was." I could practically hear the grin through her speech. "You guys have gotten awfully close lately."

I scoffed. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Fine, deny it." Christine's eyes trailed away. "But I can see how much you guys like each other."

"You think she likes me?" I perked up.

"See!" Christine exclaimed. "You wouldn't be so curious if you didn't like her."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

At that moment, the doors opened and in walked the two promoting groups, causing all of us to clap for them and mine and Christine's conversation to be cut short.

"Welcome to the party!" BunBun exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Daehyun exclaimed.

"Pfft." Kaoru scoffed. "It wasn't a party before we got here."

"Okay, you can stop right there." I stepped in, causing Kaoru to snicker. "Everyone can get their food now."

Everyone cheered and immediately stood up. Everyone got their food, buffet style and once everyone was seated and eating, that's when I got everyone's attention by whistling loudly.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" I asked.

Everyone grew quiet and all eyes were on me. I raised my glass.

"Ooooh, oppa's going to do a toast, right?!" JC asked.

I smiled as I moved onto my speech. "I would like to make a toast."

"Knew it." I heard JC whisper, causing me to shush her playfully. "Sorry."

I smiled at her giggling before continuing.

"I think we all can agree that these past couple of years have been a rollercoaster." I started off. "From new group to new group and with constant new additions, it's crazy. But not only are we growing in members, but we're growing in fans and I have to thank every single one of you guys for that. Without the variety of people and personalities RC has, we wouldn't be so loved. So thank you guys for being you. And thank you for these wonderful years because, drum roll please?"

I immediately looked to D.NK in the front who widened his eyes before starting to hit the floor constantly to make a drum roll. Once I spoke, D.NK stopped.

"We have officially reached three years which means we are no longer rookies!" I exclaimed, causing everyone to cheer.

"Even us new members?" Milo asked out of curiosity.