Chapter 30: Birthday LI Chances

Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Thursday, January 2, 2020~11:12AM-

~Viv's POV~

We were all together for the second day in a row, celebrating the New Year once more. I was never a fan of celebrating on the 1st and 2nd instead of the 31st and 1st but I went along with it as that's how it is here.

I was sitting with some of the other maknaes: Daehyun, Soeun, JC, and D.NK. We were talking about random things when they brought up something.

"Ready for your birthday, Daehyun?" Soeun asked.

"Oh yeah~!" JC remembered. "It's Saturday!"

"Yeah." Daehyun snickered.

"What are you gonna do?" D.NK asked.

"I'll probably just want a big party with you guys and my other friends." Daehyun said. "But maybe outside. I like the outdoors."

I got tired of the conversation and looked around to see one of the other newbies all by himself. I got up and walked up to him.

"Hey." I said, greeting him. "You look like you could use a friend."

"Hello." He bowed formally.

I laid my back against the wall. I couldn't stop thinking about Daehyun's birthday conversation.

At that moment, I felt my phone vibrate and noticed my screen light up like it does when I get a text. I looked at it to see it was from one of my friends from America.

Happy Birthday Vivi!! We hope you're doing something fun and wish we were there to celebrate with you. Love from all of your friends here.

I gave a small smile before thinking about birthdays again.

"It's your birthday?" I looked over to see the boy, realizing he spoke English.

"Oh no, I forgot you know English." I put my head against the wall.

"You didn't want me to know, did you?"

"Nobody knows so don't think your special."

"Well actually, wouldn't that make me special since I'm the only one who does know now?"

I looked at him and scoffed.

"For a quiet and refined boy, you have a sense of humor." I said.

"You seemed like you needed it." He replied.

I looked over at him, trying to remember his name.

"Emi..." I said, thinking I was close.

"Emi is new." He said.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember." I was blunt.

"Emilio." He replied.

"Eh, I think I'll stick with Emi." I said, causing him to snicker, as well as I.

"Fine, but I don't want anyone else to hear it." He said. "Seems childish."

"You need to learn to live a little." I looked the boy down. "You seem like the type to like older music. Am I right?"

His eyes widened a little. "Wow, yes you are."

I smirked. "Come on."

I grabbed his hand and brought him to the front of the practice room in front of the mirrors. I motioned for him to stay and then I ran over to the music player. I found the song I wanted and played it, immediately running back over to Milo.