Chapter 36: Birthday Surprises During Promotions

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Monday, August 17, 2020~10:56AM-

~Chewy's POV~

We were in the car on our way to our next schedule. We had just finished a radio interview and were told we had another interview to go to. I didn't really pay much attention though. I was pretty quiet all morning and only kept my eyes out the window in the car.

"Chewy unnie, are you okay?" I heard one of my members ask. "You've been quiet all day."

I took a quick look at the person beside me which was Scout.

"How can I be okay when I can't spend my birthday with my brother?" I spoke, looking out the window again. "We've never spent our birthdays apart."

"Unnie, we're idols now." Kaoru said from the seat behind me. "You must have thought that you wouldn't be able to do that when you started training."

"Of course I did, but once we were both put in Royal Colors, those thoughts changed." I replied.

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent. Nobody wanted to talk to me given my mood. I knew I had to get over it though so I tried my best.

---

"Hey guys, we're going to make a quick stop at the practice room, okay?" Woohyun told us from the front. "Viv says she needs to grab something."

Viv was in another car traveling with some of the others.

"Why can't we meet them there?" I asked.

"Because we are a family." Scout said. "We travel together."

I rolled my eyes and just laid my head against the window. I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

When we arrived at the practice studio, Viv seemed to disappear along with our manager who went to search for whatever it was she needed with her.

"What is taking them so long?" Evelyn said, starting to worry.

The caring side of me started to worry too as we had been there for almost ten minutes.

"At this rate, we're going to be late for our schedule." Kaoru spoke.

"Let's go look for them." I said, quickly unbuckling my seat and opening the door.

My members quickly followed me out of the car and Evelyn got the others from the other car. The nine of us headed inside the practice room to find our tenth member. When we got inside, it was pitch black. I turned the lights on and...

"SURPRISE!!"

I jumped from shock before realizing what happened. Surrounding the whole practice studio were all of RC along with happy birthday decorations.

"Wh-What..."

"Happy Birthday noona." Said a voice.

Coming to the front was my brother. Although we were in the same group, it felt like forever since I had seen him.

"OMO!" I exclaimed running up to him in a hug. "Happy Birthday to you too. I wish I could celebrate with you."

"Why can't you?" Barae asked, his eyebrows furrowed in a confused look.

"Because of my schedules." I replied.

Suddenly the whole room filled with snickers. I looked around. "Why is that funny?"