Chapter 19: Maknae's & Leader's Birthdays

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Friday, January 4, 2019~3:00PM-

~Daehyun's POV~

We were at the ice cream parlor for my birthday. It was Stray Kids' maknae line, I.N, Seungmin, and Felix, who were with me. We had been at the park and came here for some ice cream. We were sitting at a booth, me beside Seungmin and Felix and I.N across from us.

"So, Daehyun." Felix spoke. "Do you have any plans for tonight with your group?"

"No." I shook my head, giving a slight sigh as well.

"Oh?" Seungmin spoke. "Things not going well in Royal Colors?"

I shrugged. "I'm still new. Plus I'm the youngest, I don't know how they feel about me."

"Oh, I know that feeling." I.N mumbled, taking a bite of his ice cream.

"Whatever!" Seungmin shouted, making I.N snicker.

"I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable after a while." Felix said.

"I hope so." I nodded.

We continued chatting and ate our ice cream. We hung out until 4 and I headed back home to my dorm at the Pinky building. I walked past the receptionists giving them a hello like always and made my way up to my dorm. I sat on my bed and started to relax when my phone buzzed. I had gotten a text from Hikaru, asking me to stop by because they needed my help with something. I didn't know why they needed me but I replied with an okay and headed over, walking down the street to the dance studio.

I arrived at the studio and opened the door. However, all the lights were off. I stopped and hesitated, then I finally spoke.

"Hello?" I asked.

Suddenly the lights turned on and everyone screamed out.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAEHYUN!!"

I jumped and turned around. I could feel my eyes starting to water. I covered my mouth, trying to keep myself from crying. Hikaru rushed over and hugged me.

"Happy Birthday Daehyun." He said. "Why are you crying?"

I hugged him back and he led me over to everyone.

"Awe, Daehyun." Chewy felt bad. "Why are you crying?"

"I didn't expect this at all." I said, my voice cracking from my tears. "And the fact that you guys knew..."

"Just because you are new doesn't mean we don't know anything about you." James said. "I would never let that happen."

"As our maknae, as well as new member, we had to make sure you felt welcomed." Pop smiled.

I looked around. Everyone from Royal Colors was there, even my fellow newbies.

"You guys too?" I asked.

"They made us feel welcome by letting us help." Ricky said.

I smiled and I felt my tears start to shed down my face.

"Oh, cheer up." Kaoru said, hitting my arm. "Lets get started with party games, shall we?"

I snickered and agreed. Everyone cheered and we started with the first party game. I wasn't expecting them to throw me a party, but it really made me feel welcome, like a part of the family. I truly believed that I was going to love being under Royal Colors.