Chapter 7: James's Confession

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Monday, June 18, 2018~8:30AM-

~James's POV~

We arrived at the Arirang studio and were taken to our dressing room. Our staff started getting us ready for our Pops in Seoul. Not too long after, an Arirang staff came in.

"Here are the scripts for the show." She handed them to our manager who then handed them to each of us.

I started flipping through the script, learning what I needed to do. Soon, Hikaru joined me on the couch after getting his hair and makeup done.

"So when are you going to tell everyone that you are the leader?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I didn't think I needed to."

"So you are just going to let them find out on their own?" He asked.

"I don't see the problem with that." I replied.

"It shows that you're a coward. If they find out, it should be from your mouth."

I looked at all the children who were playing and getting ready. I looked back at Hikaru and moaned, laying my head on his shoulder.

"What if they don't like it?" I asked.

"They will, hyung." He replied. "After all, they already call you their self-proclaimed leader. They obviously think you are leader-worthy. The only question is do you think you are?"

I thought deeply about that question, never giving him an answer. A little less than an hour passed by before we were called to do the show. We all cheered before taking our places and following the script of the show. While I focused on the show, I also had Hikaru's question circling my mind. Was I ready to accept the fact that I am the leader?

*****

-Thursday, June 21, 2018~2:00PM-

~James POV~

Everyone arrived at the practice studio like I told them to, me and the rest from the dorm being last.

"You called for an emergency meeting, oppa?" JC asked me, everyone listening. "What's wrong?"

"Please, everyone sit down and I'll tell you." I spoke.

All 14 of us sat in a circle. I sighed and constantly hesitated, having a hard time speaking.

"What's wrong, hyung?" A.D asked.

"There is something I have to confess." I told them.

"You're not a virgin." Kaoru said.

"What?" Everyone looked at her confused.

"What?" Kaoru acted like nothing happened. "I didn't say anything."

"What is it, oppa?" Pop asked. "What do you need to tell us?"

"Please do." Changbin spoke. "You can trust us."

"Its not you guys I don't trust." I said. "It's myself."

"What do you mean?" Gyutae asked.

I looked to the floor, looking for the right words. I felt Hikaru touch my back, comfortly, causing me to look at him as he was sitting beside me.