Chapter 23: Staff & Pop's Birthdays

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Saturday, April 27, 2019~3:24PM-

~Changwoo's POV~

All of us boys were in the practice room hanging out, waiting for our choreographer, Jinyoung, to arrive. Hikaru and Daehyun came back with the cake and we all immediately rushed to look at it.

"Finally." Gyutae spoke. "We were getting worried."

"Sorry." Hikaru spoke, rubbing the back of his neck. "I struggled with my speaking."

"Didn't Daehyun help?" Tyson asked.

"Taking a kid to a cake shop isn't exactly the best idea." Hikaru replied.

"I'm sorry, but they all looked so good~" Daehyun said as if mesmerized.

Hikaru snickered and hugged the kid.

"Jinyoung hyung will be here anytime now, let's get the cake ready." James said.

"We'll do it." Ricky said. "You guys stay here and wait for him."

"Sounds good." James nodded in agreement. He turned to A.D, Changbin, and I. "Lets pretend like we are warming up."

We sat down to look as if we were stretching while the rest of the boys went in the back to the little kitchen area to prepare the cake. We waited a few more minutes and that's when the door opened, our choreographer, Jinyoung walking in.

"Hyung is here!" Changbin exclaimed, loud enough to let the others know so they know to stay quiet until the time.

"Hey boys." Jinyoung greeted us. "I don't have a whole lot of time. You wanted to show me something?"

"Ah, yeah." A.D said. "We made some choreography that we would like to show you, hoping we could use it."

"Okay, let me see it." Jinyoung said, standing back, ready to judge.

The four of us stood in a random place that looked natural.

"Wait hyung!" I shouted, talking to A.D. "Lets start with the lights off. It will make it more dramatic."

"Okay." A.D nodded.

"I'll get it." Jinyoung said.

He walked over to the switch and shut off the lights.

"Ready?" James shouted, so the boys in the back could hear. "Start!"

And at that moment, the boys opened the door and brought out the cake while singing happy birthday. I ran over to the lights while singing and turned them on, revealing a smiling and embarrassed Jinyoung. We all walked over to him continuing singing.

"...happy birthday to you~" We ended. "Happy Birthday Jinyoung hyung!"

He blew out the candles while taking the cake from Barae.

"Thank you guys." He said, smiling widely. "I really wasn't expecting this."

"Of course, hyung." Alex said with a smile.

Jinyoung smiled at the new boy, who he had only met once.

"We provided spoons too." Daehyun said, giggling as he showed the spoons.

Jinyoung snickered. "I guess we should eat it then."

"Yes!" Daehyun exclaimed, hoping that's what would happen.