Chapter 41: Birthday Prank & 2nd Album!

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Tuesday, April 27, 2021~7:30PM-

~Daehyun's POV~

We were on hour three of practice. We didn't need much practice due to it being our last day and we had already perfected the choreography. However, we decided to play with our choreographer a bit as a birthday prank so we were constantly messing up the choreography by doing the wrong moves or running into each other, all to make our choreographer upset. We didn't expect it to take four hours but it turns out, Jinyoung is harder to break than we expected so we decided to crank things up a notch.

We went through the song again and at the beginning for my part, all the members went down and I stepped on the side between Gyutae on one side and Ricky and Alex on the other side. When stepping to the side, I purposely stepped on Gyutae, causing him to 'get angry'.

"Stop!" He stood up and shouted to stop the music.

Jinyoung paused the music and all my members stood up from their positions. Gyutae faced me and acted angry. Luckily, he was an actor so he was able to make it look realistic.

"How hard is it to not step on me?!" Gyutae shouted at me.

"I don't mean to!" I shouted back. "I just need more practice."

"How could you possibly need more practice on walking?! We've been at this choreography for weeks, you should know it by now!"

"Well maybe if you would give me more space, I wouldn't step on you!"

"ENOUGH!" Jinyoung suddenly shouted, the whole room echoing with his voice about four times, causing all of us to turn and stare at him with nervousness.

Jinyoung finally looked annoyed, disappointed, tired of everything: exactly what we were going for.

"You all have been messing up all day, it's not just Daehyun." He sighed. "You guys need to get your act together. Take a break."

Jinyoung walked out with his hand over his head as if he didn't know what to do. Once he was out of the room, we all scurried over to our bags which had Jinyoung's cake in Tyson's and Ricky taking out the candles and matches to light the cake.

As we were preparing for the cake, Gyutae and I apologized to each other.

"I'm sorry for stepping on you." I said. "I hope it didn't actually hurt."

"Of course not." He said. "I'm sorry for all the things I said."

"Don't be." I smiled. "I know it was all fake....It was all fake, right?"

Gyutae snickered. "Of course it was."

Gyutae and I hugged as the cake was done being prepared. Alex turned off the lights and we all gathered by the lit cake which was the only source of light. We waited for Jinyoung to walk in and when he did, we all shouted...

"Happy Birthday!"

"OMO!" He exclaimed.

We walked over to see his face, the light from the candles lighting up his shocked expression.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Your birthday cake, obviously!" I said.

"But the choreography..." He looked around at all of us.

"Is perfect." Ricky said.

"We were faking it all day." Alex said.

"As a birthday prank." Tyson added.

Jinyoung scoffed as he was at a loss for words.

"I can't believe you guys." He said.

"You love us." I giggled.

He snickered. "I do, unfortunately."

"Hey!" I shouted.

Jinyoung snickered then blew out his candles. We turned the lights on and sat in a circle to enjoy some of his cake.

"You boys had me worried there for a second." Jinyoung confessed.

"We've had the choreography perfected for days." Alex said. "How could you think we just somehow forgot it?"

"I don't know but it was a question in my mind." Jinyoung replied.

"Don't worry hyung." Tyson smiled. "You are an amazing choreographer and an amazing teacher."

Jinyoung smiled awkwardly and we enjoyed his cake, only eating a little as we were on a strict diet due to our soon-to-be comeback. After eating the cake, we continued practice with no mistakes, showing Jinyoung a flawless set of choreography as it was our last day of practice.

*****

-Monday, May 17, 2021~6:00PM-

~Chewy's POV~

We watched as the clock struck six and Heaven and Scout were able to quiet down all thirty-five members of Royal Colors.

"Our music videos have been posted!" Scout said, refreshing the computer that was attached to the large projector.

She refreshed the page to see the girls' song as the first one and the boys right after that. We watched the girls' music video first, and then the boys', each of them having opposite themes to one another. While the girls' was more upbeat and colorful, the boys' was more dark and mysterious. It was a nice contrast to the album.

After watching and talking about the music videos, Heaven was able to get everyone's attention again.

"For those who may not know about the songs on the album, our first couple here in RC, Chewy and Gyutae will be releasing a duet together." Heaven said. "You guys were able to film a music video for it, right?"

"Yeah, we finished filming on Saturday." I said with a bright smile as I was sitting in my boyfriend's lap on the floor.

"When does it get released?" Kaoru asked. "Do you know?"

"May 23rd." Gyutae said.

"Because that's when we started dating." I smiled.

"But on a different month." Gyutae added with a snicker.

"Awe~" Scout said. "That's so cute!"

I giggled as Gyutae wrapped his arms around me.

"Will this mean something to the public then?" Jane asked.

I looked at Gyutae who spoke for us.

"We talked to Pinky and she said this will be our 'coming out' activity." He explained. "As the music video will release, the company will be sending out a statement about us as a couple."

"Wow~" James said. "That's crazy. Congratulations guys!"

"Can we listen to the whole album right here, right now?!" Evelyn asked.

With nobody objecting, we ended up listening to the whole album together as a whole. I couldn't wait for our music video to be released in six days so Gyutae and I can finally go out on actual dates without risking a scandal. And of course, I was excited for promotions again.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter was boring but at least I had their comeback! I had to talk about the ChewTae duet too since I didn't write about it like I meant too oops. Anyway! Hope you guys still enjoyed and I'll see you soon. Biez!