Chapter 64: Alan's Worry About K, ChewTae's 5th Anniversary, & Shocking News

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sunday, September 17, 2023~2:43PM-

~Alan's POV~

I was socializing with everyone, partying and overall just enjoying my party when K came over.

"Birthday Oppa!" She exclaimed, a little giddily. "Take a picture with me!"

"Oh, okay." I was surprised by the sudden request. K and I weren't that close but she practically forced me with a photo as she took out her phone.

She threw her arm around my shoulder and stood on her tippy toes to try to get my whole head in the photo. Due to her being a whole half a foot shorter than me, I ended up bending my knees a little so I was in frame.

"Say cheese!" She shouted, and that's when I smelled the alcohol on her breath.

I still managed to smile as she snapped the photo.

"K, have you been drinking?" I asked bluntly.

"What?!" She said sarcastically. "Definitely not."

I glared at her, crossing my arms like that of a parent, hoping to interrogate her.

"Okay, so I might have had a little bit to drink." She said, her eyes wandering from mine as she scratched her head.

"Where did you even get the alcohol?" I asked. We didn't allow alcohol at the parties because before this year, we still had minors, and if we had alcohol at every party that would be way too expensive and everyone would become scandalous, as who knows what could happen if we drank all the time.

"Don't worry about it." K just shrugged and started to walk away.

"Choi Areum!" I shouted, grabbing her wrist to keep her from walking away.

"Uh oh," she responded with a pout. "He used the full name. I must be in real trouble."

"Of course you are." I gritted my teeth, trying to not shout. "We can't be having alcohol."

"Why not?" K pulled from my grip, her brow furrowed as she placed her hands on her hips. "I'm a grown adult, I can drink if I want to."

I sighed. "There's a reason we don't have alcohol at these parties. If you're drinking, so could other people and I don't want anything to happen to us."

"So you're worried about our reputation?" K inquired, arms still crossed. "What about me, huh? Can't you be worried about me?"

My eyes widened. What was she getting at?

"Of course I'm worried about you." I told her. "I'm worried about everyone but-"

That's when she interrupted me and started going on a tangent about I don't even know what. All I knew is she was drunk and she needed something, so I took her to the food table. I dragged her by her hand and gave her some bread-like snacks hoping it would soak up the alcohol.

"Eat this." I said, handing her the snacks.

"I don't wanna." She pouted like a baby.

I tried to get her to eat but she didn't. I wanted to take her somewhere to get her away from people but I realized taking her in public would just risk more than keeping her in a crowded place without any strangers. However, we post on social media at these parties. I had to do something, so I rolled some bread in a napkin and dragged K to a stairwell we had that lead to the roof of the building.