Save Us From Her

"I'm sorry?" Mitch questioned.
"Throw me over," Tess said.

They were in the training room. Everyone was changed into a more comfortable outfit.

"But, I might end up hurting you," He said with concern.
"Trust me, if anyone's getting hurt here, it's not me."

Mitch scoffed as he approached her. She grabbed him from behind and he tried throwing her over his shoulder but he was unable to channel her weight. She hit him in the knee, got in front of him and pulled him over her shoulder with great force. He hit the ground with a loud thump.

Everyone looked around in awe.

"This technique works with anybody. As long as you're able to channel your opponent's weight, it doesn't matter how big they are, you'll throw them over." She adjusted her shirt and said, "Everyone, pick a partner. Caleb," she called.

"Yes?" He stood up close to her.
"Can you please check if there's any case we can take? I'm dying out of boredom. Even if it's a cold case, anything is fine."

"I'll check." He picked his phone and walked away. Few minutes later, he was strolling back with a smile on his face.
"What is it?" Tess asked.
"Suicide," he answered.
"Not what I was expecting but that should do," she smiled. "Let's go, people!" She yelled.

"How long has she been dead?" Tess asked as she pulled out her nose mask and wore her gloves.
"At least two hours," Caleb answered. "Her mother saw her hanging and made a report."

A body was hanging from a knotted rope tied against the ceiling fan.
"Any relations?"

"Her mother," Caleb pointed to a woman who was crying profusely. A police officer was ushering her out.
"Keep looking around," Tess ordered the rest.

"Ma'am," she called softly as she stood in front of the woman. "I know this isn't a good time but I'm gonna need to ask you some questions. Are you ready to answer them now or later?"

"I'll do it," she sniffled.

"Where were you when this happened?"

"We were both together at home and I went to the store to grab a few items. When I came back, I saw my baby g..gir..girl... hanging!" She let out a painful cry.

"Does she have any friends?"
"No, she doesn't socialize."

Not even one? Tess thought to herself.

"Any relationships?" She asked.
"None that I'm aware of."

"Thank you," Tess walked into the lady's room.

She pulled open some drawers and checked under bed, her locker and her closet. She also looked over at her table and found a cup of latte and a Mc Nuggets box. She found a box hidden in her closet. She opened it and saw a lot of condoms, birth control pills and a picture. She brought out her phone and took a picture. She checked their trash can and found a pregnancy test kit.
She sighed to herself and walked out.
"I think she's pregnant," she said to her team. "Send her body in."

"So, what do you think?" She asked as she stood in front of others.
"I think it's suicide," Eva said.
"Maybe she killed herself after finding out she was pregnant?" Mitch opined.
"Yeah, her mom wasn't aware of any relationship of hers." Diana included.
"What if the guy didn't want the baby?" David said.

"So, y'all are saying this is a suicide?" She asked again.
"I don't think so, something feels off about this." Caleb said as he scratched his head. "Don't you think her mother was acting strange?"

"Finally," Tess sighed," A sensible opinion."

She sat down and began,"When a person commits suicide, there's always a 'V' mark on his or her neck. When it's done forcefully, you can see an 'O' mark. The knot was a left-handed knot and the girl was right-handed, so she couldn't have tied the knot herself. The mother claimed that she went to the store and met her like that. Did anyone see the stuff she bought? No, 'cause she didn't buy any. When I walked into her room, I found a picture," she brought her phone out and showed them the picture.

A man was seen kissing the dead girl passionately.
"I'm guessing this is the baby's father?" Caleb asked.
"It's only an assumption for now," she said to him.
"Diana," Tess called out and transferred the phone to her. "I want to know who that is as quickly as possible."

"I'm right on it," she replied quickly.

"I'm not sure if you noticed but your phone's been ringing the entire time," Mitch told Tess.

Her eyes travelled quickly to her phone as she picked it up immediately.
"Stop calling me!" She yelled at Johnson.
"Shut up and hear what I have to say," he chuckled at the other end. "I just saw Scott now and he walked right past me. Like he didn't recognize me, like I was a ghost. He acted as if I wasn't even there."

"So?" She asked.
"So? That's all you're gonna say?"

"What do you want me to say? We know the true him. It's been years, Johnson. Let him go."

"You're not trying that frozen shit with me, are you?"
"Let it go, let it go," I sang as I chuckled.
"Drop by later," He ended the call.

"Idiot," she smiled.
"So, you're in a relationship?" Mitch winked at her.
"If you don't stop looking at me like that, I'm gonna poke your eyes out." She threatened with a death glare.
Mitch adjusted his stance, muttered a silent, 'sorry' and walked away.

"I found out who he is. His name is Will Hart. He works at HolyMan." Diana said.

HolyMan?

Where did I hear that name? Tess thought.

"He's thirty one years old, he lives in the company housing."

"Caleb, you stay here and update me. David," she called,"Let's go."

She grabbed her jacket and her car keys and rushed out with David. Driving a little bit fast, David managed to say,"Can you please slow down! I'm about to lose my lunch," he barfed.

"I'm used to driving like this, you have to learn to adjust to it."

They pulled over in the company's parking lot. When they walked to the front, Tess looked up and burst into laughter. "What's that?" She pointed to the company's logo which was an underwear, men's underwear to be precise.

"That's their logo. It's a men's underwear company."

They walked up to the receptionists and Tess brought out her ID.
"We're here to see Mr Will Hart."

"Just a minute," one of them replied and tapped on the land phone. "You can go see him. Eighth floor, the third room on your left."

"Thank you," they walked into the elevator and punched in the floor button. When they arrived, they did as the receptionist instructed. The knocked on the door and heard a, "come in".