Multiple Personality

Jason Gerard, the CEO of HolyMan continued to stare at the place Tess had been.

   "Who was that crazy lady? He asked Luke.

"She's a cop."

"I know, she said that. You called her Theresa, that means you know each other." He stood up to level with Luke.

  "We were classmates."

         "Mitch, Eva, he's likely to wanna come out through that entrance. I don't want him out of this building!" She said through the receiver.

"Understood."

"I got him, I need back up." Tess said as she saw Will walking hastily with his briefcase. She ran up to him and stopped him.

     "You psycho, you're under arrest as a suspect for the murder of Anna Bolton," she said calmly as she tried to predict his next move.

    He smiled inwardly and tried to make a run for it when he saw Eva and Mitch in front of him. David was standing by his far left while Caleb was behind him.

  "Give it up, Will. You're all surrounded."

"Says who?"

    He opened his briefcase swiftly and brought out a gun.

"Anybody moves, I shoot!"

"Come on," Tess sighed.

     With a full speed, she knocked the gun out of his hand and tackled him down. She was placed under him as he rained punches on her face.

   "You asshole!" Tess raised her knee into his crotch as she spat blood onto his face. After he was done writhing in pain, Mitch went over to him to cuff him but he turned the tables on him as he cuffed Mitch instead.

  "What the...?" Tess ran after him. "David, with me!"

        He ran through the stairs up to rooftop and attempted to jump.
  "Stop right there, unless you want me to jump!" He yelled as he held onto the railing.

   Tess placed her hands on her hips and burst into laughter.

  "You think this is funny?" Will asked her.

"Jump," she said.

"What?" Will and David chorused.

"Do it if you have the guts," she said.

     You could clearly see Will's legs shaking.
"You can die and we'll pin a lot murders on you," she smiled.

    Like a trance, he voluntarily left the railing and walked towards David who cuffed him quickly.  They led him down the stairs back into the company building with many watching him. You could see Jason and Luke standing by, watching the scene with amusement.

      Tess walked over to them and faced Jason.
  "I'm sorry about how I acted earlier. Are you hurt?" She said firmly.

  "It's fine, I was being stubborn." He said with a smirk. Clearly, he wants to flirt.
"Good, then," she made to leave.

"Aren't you gonna say hi?" Jason said suddenly and Tess stopped in her tracks.
"Luke said you guys were classmates, aren't you gonna say hi to each other?"

     Luke clearly looked uncomfortable with Tess. She made it easy for him when she said,"He's in no position to say hi to me," and left.

     "She's pretty," he said as he walked to his conference room with Luke.

       "So, lemme get this straight, you actually loved Anna but she got pregnant for another guy, so you killed her?" Caleb asked as he sat across Will.
     Tess and the team were outside together with the captain watching them through the glass.

     "I didn't know what came over me," he burst into tears. "I'm sick, I'm seriously sick and I know that doesn't justify my actions but I still can't believe I killed my girl."

      Eva was seen sniffling, a tissue was in her hand as she wiped her tears.

  "How dare you detain me here?" Will suddenly screamed. "I didn't kill her, she was unfaithful to me, after everything I did for her!" He was yelling, stressing himself out when Caleb packed his things and walked out.

  "That was creepy."

"So, we don't know who the father is?" Tess asked.

"Yes, he said only Anna knew about him." Caleb replied as he shut down his laptop.
"How's the mother taking this?" Captain asked.

"She's miserable. If we allowed her in here, Will would be dead by now."

   Tess took a seat. "She warned Anna against dating him but she refused. She knew he was dangerous but she refused to leave him."

"Congratulations, Miss Harvey. You're officially welcome to NYPD." The  captain said.

      Well, after the murder case was fully solved, Tess and her team mates were assigned to solve all the cold cases in the department which they did excellently. But, that didn't happen without Tess's constant yelling and screaming.

"Eva! Shoot!" Tess yelled while the criminal pointed a gun to her head.
"I.. I.. can't, what if I miss?" She stuttered.
"Well, if you don't shoot, I'll make sure you're fired when this is over! "She yelled on top of her voice when a loud gunshot was heard.

      Eva was shaking like a drenched chicken.
"I'm not getting fired now, right?"

•°•

"Wake up!" Tess landed a slap on Mitch's face as he spat out water. "You can't swim?"

He nodded frantically.

"You're fired. Don't come back here unless you've learnt how to swim like an expert."

•°•

"Attack me!" Tess tan towards David and pushed him to the ground. She raised her legs around his neck and locked him down.
"You call yourself a man? You're just a pussy!"

•°•
   Diana got her own share too.

"You call that hacking? I would do better!" She yelled at Diana.
"Run a facial rec for this guy. I wanna know who he is, where he's from, who's he's dating and how much time he spends in the bathroom! Every single detail matters okay?!"

•°•

      Tess called what she was doing, training while they called it suffering. Through all this, you could say they were bonding. They were more accommodating with each other and kept each others back. Mitch even confessed that he liked someone on the team,they just don't know who.

   This was the dream team Tess had imagined. Everything was perfect and working out well. They were revered in the NYPD. Some were even jealous if the rookies saying that their careers were set for life since Tess was the leader.

     Tess had many fans in the department as well as anti-fans. She was respected and loved by some while some hated her for being perfect.

    But, we can't all be perfect,can we? Everyone has flaws.