She Improved

"So, he saw Stella at the airport?"

Luke said as he chewed his burger at lunch. We were at our table waiting for Scott and I was forced to talk to Luke while I awaited his arrival. 
Ivy was sitting at a table with a bunch of girls. She glanced at me a few times and looked away.

If only someone else could join us at this table right now.
"Hey guys," Lucas moved in beside me.

"Fuck," I groaned.
"You missed me?" He rested his cheek on his palm and his elbow on the table.
"Yeah sweetheart," I smiled and winked while I stepped on his feet with my shoe.
"Owww!"

"Can I join you guys?" Max stood at our table carrying his tray.
"Yeah man, sure, "Lucas smiled at him.
He took a seat beside Lucas, set his tray on the table and started eating.
"My brother asked me to thank you. He was really happy that you stopped the wedding."
Luke and Lucas glanced at me then at him.

"Was he at the wedding?" Luke asked.
"Yeah, he was the best man. We..... "
"Hey Tess!" Alessia yelled as she ran to our table.
"You didn't pick up my calls yesterday. I called you so many times! I wanted you to check out a dress I just bought but you didn't answer."

Okay.
I'm confused.
Since when did we become friends?

"I'm sorry?"
"Apology accepted. Hey Luke, Lucas.."
"I wasn't even apolo.. "
"Who's he?" She pointed her manicured finger at Max.

Bingo.
That's the reason why she's being nice.

"Max, this is Alessia. Alessia, this is Max." He smiled at her while she wiggled her fingers seductively. "Let me tell you a few things about Alessia. She's the meanest, snobbiest and pretentious creature God has bestowed on our school. She's the queen bee here. She was only being nice to me because she thought I was friends with you. Anyway, my conclusion is that she's not someone you can be friends with."

   Luke and Lucas were stifling their laughter. Max choked on his food and Alessia looked like she wanted to kill me.

  "I've had enough!" She hit the table and the entire student body started looking at us. Ivy stood up and tried to walk closer to me. I stared hard at her.

Where did Scott go?

"You stole my spot, my fans and my school! Did you really think I was gonna let it slide, you bitch?" She splattered saliva all over my face.

What's wrong with this kid? It's not like she has braces on or anything.

"Move Alessia. I'm not in the mood to bicker with you today."

I sat down, extended my hand to pick my can of Coke but she was faster. She dumped the remainder of the liquid beverage onto my hair.

My precious hair!

    I stood up fiercely, plugged my hands under her throat and pushed her until her back reached the wall. People were screaming. She tried to free herself from my grasp but it was impossible.

"Theresa, Theresa, let her go!" Luke shoved my hands but I budge. I hardened my grasp and she was choking.

"Theresa!" Luke pushed me and I clutched his neck too. He kept trying to free himself as his eyes watered.