True Colors

I woke to find myself on the couch. I sat up and worried faces surrounded me.
"Are you okay?" Scott asked, concern written all over his face.
I nodded meekly.
"You're fainting too much these days." Ivy observed.
I sat down on the front porch while Ivy and Scott did their business inside.

I swear if they do it on the couch, I'm never sitting there again.

I fiddled with strands of my hair.
It was too long. Whenever I let I loose, it reached down to my hips.

Ivy stormed out with anger, huffed and sat beside me.
"Scott is not responding."

I quirked an eyebrow at her. "How?"
"I kissed him and he just pushed me away. I tried to scoot closer to him and he went to his room."
"That's unlike him. Try again?"
She nodded and went inside.

I logged in to my account.
Seventy friend requests.
Two new messages.
Thirty five notifications.

I went to the friend requests first and Luke was the latest one on my list. I deleted it without a second thought.

Then to the messages.

Messages
Luke: You're really ignoring me, Theresa?
Now.

Ryder: Running away won't solve it 👎
An hour ago

I replied Ryder with ' I don't understand 🤔'

I was still contemplating on what to do with Luke when Ivy ran out, tears in her eyes, jumped into her car and drove off before I could even say anything.

I walked inside, upstairs to Scott's room. I met him sitting on the bed in his trousers.

"What happened?"
"She fucking tried to rape me!"
"Your girlfriend tried to rape you?"
"She's not my girlfriend anymore. I broke up with her."

"Are you crazy? It hasn't even been three months!"
"I love someone else! Staying with her means cheating!" He yelled at me.
"How important is that 'someone else' that you broke up with her?"

"You don't know anything so shut up!"

I grabbed my phone and walked out of his room. I bumped into Tanya.
"You didn't go to work?" I asked and adjusted my shirt.
"I have a day off today. I heard you guys shouting,is everything okay?" She looked worried.

I brushed a hand swiftly through my hair.
"He broke up with Ivy."
"What? Why?"
"He said there was someone else. Talk to your son." I pointed to the door.

I walked out of the house to see my car pulling up in his driveway.

That's weird.

I squinted my eyes to see Ryder in the driver's seat. I looked at the passenger's seat and saw... No way..
Luke sat there with a smiling face, looking completely unharmed.

That's impossible.

I stabbed him.

"Get in!"Ryder called out to me, putting his hands out of the window.

I staggered and got in the car.
They both looked at me expectantly.
"Before you say anything,I wanna apologize to Luke. I injured you and and I still acted like a bitch. It's rare to see me apologizing so you better accept it."

I sat back. It's like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I didn't feel heavy at all.

"You're apologizing so why does it feel like you're insulting me?" Luke said with a smile.

"How's your wound?" I pointed to his stomach.

"Yeah, about that..." He turned to Ryder. "You should tell her. I wanna enjoy this moment," he smirked.

I turned to Ryder for whatever he wants to say.
"Luke isn't hurt."
I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion. "Look, that night, I knew that if Luke went upstairs,he might get hurt. "
He readjusted his position.
"I poured ketchup in balloons and stacked it on to different parts of his body knowing that you might stab him."

I sat there, expressionless. It was all starting to make sense. That's why I didn't see any of his relatives at the hospital.

"We kinda bribed the doctor too."

Then I heard a camera click.
I looked up at Luke who held a camera to my face.
"Got it all on camera baby," he smirked and I lunged forward at him, punching him till he started begging.

Yeah, I throw really hard punches.

"Theresa, please stop. I'm begging you." He said weakly. I slumped back in my seat and he lifted up his shirt.

That's when I felt pity for him.
He had purple bruises here and there.

"It's your fault for tricking me!" I bawled at him.

We drove home singing off key to Baby- Justin Bieber.
"Come on guys,we can do better!" I yelled.

You know you love me
I know you care
Just shout whenever
And I'll be there
You are my love
You are my heart
And we will never ever ever be apart

I joined.
Are we an item
Girl quit playin'
We're just friends
What are you sayin'
Said there's another reason right in my heart
My first love broke my heart for the first time

"And I'm like!!!!!" Ryder screamed with a voice that you wouldn't really wanna hear.
"Shut up!" Luke yelled at him.

I smiled to myself.
Feels like my life was getting back on track.
I'm going clubbing tonight!

He pulled into the driveway and we walked into the living room.
"I'm going out tonight!" I announced as we got in.
"Where to?" Ryder faced me with his hands on his hips.

I rolled my eyes.

Dad.

"That fancy club I gained membership to." I grabbed a granola bar and walked upstairs.

"Do you ever eat more than that?" Luke yelled after me.
After eating, I set to work. I fished out a black straight gown that reached a little bit below my thighs. I grabbed a pair of black heels to go along with it.

I took a quick shower and sat in front of my mirror still in my bathrobe. I picked up a rubber band and put my hair in a really high ponytail. I grabbed my eyeliner and tried to work on my makeup.

After about an hour, I smiled satisfactorily at myself. I slipped on my dress and shoes. I grabbed a purse and my phone as I made to leave. I felt my neck for something but it wasn't there. I went to the bedroom and found my necklace lying on the sink. I picked it up and went downstairs.

"Jesus!" Ryder screamed when he saw me.
"Why do you keep screaming today?" Luke walked out of the kitchen with a cup in his hand. He followed Ryder's gaze and his eyes landed on me.
The cup in his hand tumbled to the floor and the glass shattered.

"You're paying for my glass," I walked towards the door as Ryder threw me my keys.

"Hey!" Ryder called and I turned around to see him shoving a card in my face.

"Thanks," I collected it and walked out.

After driving for thirty minutes, I arrived at the club. I got out of my car and walked towards the entrance.

"Card, please," a guard called.
I handed over the card that Ryder gave me earlier to him.

He gave it back to me, nodded and opened the door. I stepped into a world of partying, horny teenagers and young adults.

This is the best way to squander my parents money.

I helped myself to the bar and ordered vodka. I was silently enjoying my drink when I heard my name called softly.