Apologize?

"He's your boyfriend?" James asked and smiled at Jason. "He seems protective."

"He's not my boyfriend, he just came back from a visit to the psychiatrist," she smiled nervously.
"Can I have your number?" He extended his phone.
   "Of course," she took it and typed in her number.
"I'll see you around," he walked away.

       She looked at him with a death glare and walked out with him hot on her heels.

   "Tess, wait!" He grabbed her hand at the entrance and pulled her to a stop in front of the security guard.
  She dealt a loud slap.
"Ouch," the security guard mocked.
"Yeah, I deserve that. You have every right to be mad.."
    She dealt him another one.
   His face was turning red now.

       She removed the belt from her waist and handed it over to him. Along with the necklace, earrings and bracelet. She removed the heels and handed it over.

    She was about to remove the dress when she stopped. "I'll send the dress to you," she started walking to her car.

"I'm sorry!" He yelled and walked after her. "I got jealous seeing you with that guy. I just couldn't stand it so I.."

She halted and turned around to face him.

"You're obsessed with me! You don't love me. You just wanna have me for yourself like I'm a commodity. This is why I hate arrogant sons of bitches!" She kicked him in the balls and walked to her car.

    She drove away and left him groaning in pain.

    "I'm back!" She entered their office and they all turned to her.
"Where are your shoes?" David ran to her. "Aren't  you cold?" He quickly gave her a pair of socks.

"I'll change now," she walked to her office and brought out her jeans and t-shirt. She closed the shutters and quickly changed her outfit. Her phone rang.

"Hello?" She picked it up without looking.
"Hey, did you leave already?" The deep voice said.
"Who is this?" She asked as she walked out of her office into the main office.

    "I collected your number at the exhibition." He answered.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. "I don't even know your name," she chuckled.

"It's James. And you are?" He asked.
"I'm Diana," she lied and smiled at Diana. They were all concentrated looking at her.

    "Diana," he repeated. "You were beautiful tonight," he complimented.
"Thank you," she replied while rolling her eyes.
"I'll call tommorow."

"I'll be expecting your call," she smiled through her voice again and disconnected the call.

  "Who was that?" Diana asked. "Why did you say your name was Diana?"

"Guess who it was," she smiled and unwrapped a chocolate bar.

"No way," Caleb exclaimed.
   She smiled and inserted the chocolate in her mouth.
"Was that James?" Mitch asked and Tess winked at him.

    They all screamed immediately.
"How did you get his number so fast?" David asked.

"Being beautiful isn't my only talent," she flung her hair.

"I need you to track his daily routine," she handed her phone to Diana.

"You have a call," she handed it back.

Riley.

   She sat down and swiped the screen.
"Aunty Tess!" A little girl's face popped up on the screen.
"Riley!" She smiled back. "How's my little pumpkin doing?"
"I wanna tell you a secret. Are you alone?" She whispered cutely.

"What is it?" Tess whispered back.
"Mommy's having a baby."

"You promised not to tell anyone Riley!" Stella came into view. You could see a little bump.

"How long were you planning on not telling me?" Tess asked.
"I'm sorry," she picked up the phone. "You're busy. I didn't wanna disturb you and I thought Ryder told you already.",

"No, he didn't. Where is he?"

"He's not back from work yet," she sighed.
"This late?"

She set the phone somewhere and sat in front of it.
"Congrats on the new sibling, Riley." She smiled at the little girl.
"I sure hope it's a girl because apparently somebody doesn't like playing with Barbie dolls," Stella rolled her eyes at her daughter. Riley stuck out her tongue and ran away.

"Okay,bye," Tess waved.
"Bye Tess," she disconnected the call.

*Your wife is lonely.* She sent to Ryder and handed her phone over to Diana. She connected the phone to her computer with a cord.
"Done," she gave it back to Tess.

    "I got in," Diana said as she pulled up the big screen.

"What?" Tess asked, confused.
"I hacked him." She said.

"Give it up for Diana everyone!" Mitch started clapping and they all joined in with laughter.

"I got all of his socials, messages, calls and media."

"We're gonna distribute this." Tess started. " Mitch, you'll handle his media. Eva, you've got his socials. Diana, calls. David, messages."

   They all groaned after being assigned each task.
"Get to work people! If you need coffee," she said and they looked up,"I'll get it tommorow morning." She picked her keys.

"Goodnight."

    She drove into their driveway after seeing a car parked in front of her house. She picked her things and the dress Jason gave her and walked to the car. The glasses were tinted. She knocked on the window severally but there was no response. She pulled the door handle and it opened.

     Jason had extended the chair and fell asleep. She got in the car and called out, "Jason, Jason." There was no response.

She sat on the passenger seat and shook him.
Still no response.

She leaned over and saw blood dripping out of his nose. It has stained his white suit with a drop.

   She got out of the car quickly and opened his door. She struggled greatly and placed him on her back.

"You're so heavy," she breathed out.

   She walked slowly and quietly into the house so as not to wake her mother. The stairs were the greatest challenge for her. She heaved with every step.

"You're slipping!" She yelled silently and caught his arms.

She silently opened her door and walked into her room. At this point, she tossed him into her bed and went to the bathroom.

     She reappeared with a kit. She cleaned the blood with a cotton wool. She removed his suit and bowtie, leaving him in his white shirt and trousers. She kicked off his shoes and tucked him into bed properly. He was breathing slowly.

       She changed into her pyjamas and laid next to him. She faced the other side of the bed so her back was facing him.

     She thought she heard muttering so she turned around.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "I didn't mean....to..kiss you," he squeezed his legs together.  She smiled and fell asleep.