Monica Objects

"My parents and I got you involved in the rift between us. I know that they were behind your last two marriages. They've ruined your life enough and I couldn't even do anything about it."

"Theresa.. "

"I'm not done yet. I'll make sure this wedding doesn't happen. I know you don't wanna get married so please just play along until I find a solution. Just bear with me."

She pulled me into a hug and rested her wet face on my shoulder. She had been used as a pawn by my wealth driven parents. She's empty now so they're trying to sell her to the highest bidder.

"I love you so much," she sobbed.
"Me too, Aunt."

"Am I interrupting a little girl moment?" Ryder walked in. His tie had gone loose again.

I wonder why.

"Shut up," Aunt Tiffany wiped her tears with a tissue I handed her.
"You've been asked to come downstairs with the bridesmaid. I already stopped by her room to tell her and damn, she is hot. She fell for me.Hard."

" I'll be back."
I squeezed myself into a bathroom and changed my clothes. I got into the gown and heels they got me. I brought out my phone, took a quick selfie and sent it to Scott.

I was adjusting my hair when my phone beeped rapidly.

That's my girl.

Smokin' hot 😘

Babymama

Babymama?
Lucas.

He must have sneaked his number into my phone. I packed the clothes I took off into the bag. I walked out of the bathroom.
"Wow, that dress is perfection," Aunt clapped while Ryder whistled.

Not surprised.

I took off my eye ring, nose ring and lip ring. I don't wanna look like a bull at the party, do I? I collected the car keys from Ryder and weaved my way downstairs. There were a lot of people in this house.

I opened the door of the car , dumped the bag in the car seat and slammed the door close. I was on my way back inside when I saw Mr and Mrs Harvey approaching me.

Great.
Don't they have anything to do but to bother me?

I took my stand and rested on the hood of the car.

"Theresa, how have you been?", Mr Harvey asked dipping his hands into his pockets.

"The same since the day you left me."
"You have to sign these papers. We need them for ......"

I brought out my pen and signed the papers. They looked at me weirdly.
"What?" I asked.
"That was easy." Mrs Harvey replied, pocketing the papers.
"Too easy." Her husband replied too.

I chuckled lightly and walked away.
"Yeah,too easy." I muttered to myself as they announced that the wedding was about to start.

People were already seated in the church while some were still trooping from the house to the church. Aunt Tiffany was just about to enter the car when I stopped her.

"The church's just right there, do you have to ride in a car?"

"You want me to walk there?'' She raised an eyebrow. "That's not how it's done, honey."

A man walked Aunt down the aisle. Since grandpa was dead, I guess he was the only choice.

Where are you, Monica?

The wedding progressed slowly.

"Does anyone have anything to say against these two getting married? Speak up or forever be silent," the priest said.