Martyr

"Search them," one of the guards said to the other one who searched Tess and Tae-ho. They took away all their weapons.
"Follow me," he said and they did.

They walked into a toilet and Tess saw that and sculpture that was at his house. The man touched it and a wall opened.

"Why am I not surprised?" Tess said sarcastically and it earned her a glare from the guard. They went down through an elevator and the doors opened.

Mr. Harvey was sitting on a chair with Jack and James beside him. Lucas and a woman were on their knees too.

That must be Fei, Tess's subconsciousness filled in for her.
"Fei!" Tae-ho whisper-yelled.

"Well look who finally showed up," He cackled.
"Hey Dad," Tess greeted.

"Theresa," he called gently. "Why do you keep interfering with my business?"
"You interfered with my business first,old man," she hissed. "You took Lucas, injected Jason and still have the audacity to hold them hostage."

"Old man?" He chuckled. "I'm not that old."

"Release them!" She cried out.

"After I make a deal."

"I'm listening."

"You stay here for two days as my hostage. I'll send the cure to the hospital for Jason. I'll release the virus into the city and you'll do nothing about it. Then, I'll release you and your friends. But, you'll never seek me again. Doesn't it sound fair?"

"You're a psycho," she glared at him. "If the virus is released, won't you be affected?"

"Silly," he smiled. "Everyone here has been vaccinated except for you. The virus can do nothing to us."
"How do you even live with yourself?"

"You caused this," He stood up and walked closer to her. "Your birthday was a curse for me, that's why it's a password. Ever since you came to life, Barb stopped minding me. All her attention went to you, her precious daughter. All day, she would talk about you non-stop. I became a nobody in my own house!"

"You're crazy," Tess said. "I'm her daughter, who else was she supposed to care for? You were jealous of your own daughter? You don't like mum, you're obsessed with her!"

"Obsessed?!" He yelled as he pointed a gun at her. Tae-ho gasped and Lucas's eyes rose in fear. "You don't know what love is."

"You call that love?" She walked closer to him. "It's just obsession!"

"Theresa!" He screamed as he fired a bullet into the glass and it shattered. "Look over there," he pointed to down chemicals. She could see the blue liquid in a vial. "That's your only chance at saving your beloved. One bullet and you'll lose everything."

"Newsflash," she chuckled. "This place will be surrounded in five minutes."

She removed her baggy trousers, leaving her in  some weird shorts.
"What're you doing?" Lucas whispered.

She dipped her hand into her shorts and brought something out.
"I'm sure you know what this is," she smiled. "But for those of you that don't know,this pretty thing here is a grenade."

"What?" Tae-ho screamed as he bet down and covered his head.
"Are you crazy?" Jack yelled as he started fidgeting.

"Destroy the cure and I'll remove the ring. We can all die together. These three," she pointed at Lucas, Fei and Tae-ho are already registered dead so it doesn't make a difference. You all have dirty deeds and I've also killed a lot of people so, let's all die together."

"Tess, you're joking right?" Lucas stood up gently.
"Please don't," Fei spoke up for the first time.

"Any last words?"

There was silence until they heard,"This the police! Come out and surrender or we'll barge in! This is NYPD!"

"See, " Tess smiled,"I told you they'd be here."

"You were always a flaw to me!" A blow to Tess's face came in from Mr. Harvey's fist.
She fell to the ground and the grenade was out of her hand. It rolled to James's feet.

"I hate you!" He kicked her in the stomach harshly.
She groaned in pain as she spat out blood.

"I freaking hate you too, don't get all excited," she chuckled weakly with blood in her mouth.

"You never gave me any advantage! You're useless," he kept kicking her. "I should have killed you when I had the chance."

"Then what's stopping you now?!" She yelled at him.

"This is the police!" The voice came from outside again. It was Caleb's voice. "We're coming in!"

"What are you gonna destroy first?" She smiled. "Me or the cure?"

"Both," he said.

She stood up weakly and turned around.
"I'm leaving," she waved at them. "My squad's here."

"You know you're really funny," he laughed. "You think you're gonna walk out of here alive?"

"Boss!" Caleb ran in with Diana and some police officers in uniform.
"You're here."

"Say hello to hell," Mr. Harvey fired a bullet at her.

"No!" Lucas screamed as the bullet entered through her back.

She stood still.
Everyone was silent.
She turned around slowly to face him.

"Finally,you have some courage," she said slowly and weakly. "I've been waiting for this a long time ago."

Her blood trickled down her legs as she squeezed her face in pain.
"I think it's an happy ending," she smiled as she fell.

"Tess!" Caleb ran to her and he fell on his knees. "Stay with me!" He held her cheeks.

Lucas, Fei and Tae-ho ran to her side.

"Don't move!" Diana cried out in anguish as she pointed her gun at Mr. Harvey.

"Don't play with death, you're just a little girl," he spat.

She shot him the legs as he cried out in pain.

"Nobody move!" She yelled as tears trickled down her face.

"Get the cure," Tess said to Lucas as he ran to get two vials. "Make sure you save Jason. He can't die."

"You won't either," Caleb said to her as he sobbed. "The ambulance will be here soon."

"You guys were awesome," she placed her blood filled hands on Caleb's face. "My Canary."

"Tess," Diana cried as she ran to her side. The criminals were apprehended by the backups.

"Tess!" Max shouted before he came in. "What's going on?" He asked as he saw people crowded.

"Tess?" He moved closer to her. "What happened?"

"I got blood spilled on me this time, not coffee," she said as she closed her eyes and her hand fell from Caleb's face.

"No!!!" Caleb screamed as tears ran freely from his eyes. Max was sobbing silently as the paramedics arrived.
They placed her on a stretcher and ran out.

Was this the end of Theresa Octavia Harvey?