Love Me

"He grabbed your what?" Jason asked for the third time.
"I won't repeat it." She said over the phone.

She was currently at her house preparing for work.

"Can't you get another job?" He murmured.
"What did you say?" She smiled.
"Nothing."

"I'll stop by your office before I go to work."

"Why? You miss me?"

"No, idiot." She rolled her eyes. "I have to give your grandma something."

          Tess arrived the same time Jason and Luke arrived at his office. She was holding a large box in her hand.
"Hey," Jason greeted.
"Here," She extended the box to him.
"What is it?" He collected it and placed it in his car.
"No idea, bye," she turned.

"Wait!" He pulled her hand.
    She looked at the area where their skin made contact and he removed his quickly and murmured a low,'sorry'.

     He collected a box from Luke and handed it over to her.
"What's this?" She placed it on his trunk and opened the box.

"Wow." She said.

She stood frozen.

"Do you like it?" Jason asked, unsure about her choices.
"Like it? I love it!" She chuckled.

"That's a relief." He smiled. "Luke helped me pick it out."

"Keep it," she covered the box and walked to her car hurriedly.
"Tess!" Jason ran after her as Luke sighed and hung his head.

      She shut her door and drove away, almost hitting Jason in the process.

"What the hell happened between you two? " He yelled. "You're not talking, she's not talking. I need answers."

"You're an asshole, you know that?" Jason said to Luke after listening.
"I know."

"You never called her because you loved her. You thought you would forget about her but here she is." Jason twirled around in his seat. "What if another man likes her?"

"You mean you?" Luke chuckled. "You've got competition."

"Who?"
"Johnson."
"The restaurant owner? He likes her?"
"Since we were in highschool."

"Did he say that?" Jason asked.
"It's obvious."

"I don't believe you," he smiled. "When I saw them together, they looked more like close friends."
"Yeah, he kept in touch with her for eleven years."
"You should have too."

     "Jason!" A high pitched voice called out.
"Save me," He pleaded as Luke smiled.

"I told you to come pick me up yesterday," She strutted in.
"Hailey," he said, trying to adjust his composure. "What are you doing here?"
"You were supposed to pick me up yesterday so that's the media could see us!"

"Hailey, I told you. I'm not interested in you, you're like a sister to me. Scandals wouldn't help my company."

"I never said I wanted to be your little sister.  I like you and I'm gonna make sure my Dad gets us married." She looked at him closely.
Hailey looked domineering. She was a boss lady.

   "Mr. Gerard, you have a visitor named Tess Harvey. Should I let her in?" A voice said through the intercom.

"Let her in." He said.

       "Hey, can I have my gift back?" She walked in tapping on her phone.
"Who's she?" Hailey walked over to Tess who raised her head up.
"I thought you were angry with me," Jason walked over.
"Oh, that? I had my air pods in. I had to attend to something quickly."

"Who is she?" Hailey turned to Jason and Luke.
"She's my friend, Hailey! Can you stop being so annoying?" He brushed a hand through his air quickly.
"I have a right to know every lady lurking around my boyfriend."
"I'm not your boyfriend!" He slammed his fist against his table.

"Is she the model?" Tess chuckled. She went to pick her box from his table and faced her. "She's cute, keep her," she winked at Jason.

"I don't want her, I want you!"

"And me says no," she sighed. "Can I see you?" She faced Luke.

      "What happened?"

"I'm sorry Theresa."
"I mean, I called you so many times. I even tried to believe that you were gonna call me one day and explain all this shit to me but you didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"Lucas called me every single time. Whenever I asked to talk to you, he would make up an excuse to save you. I stopped receiving his call when he died. I thought you would call to inform me but you didn't."

"I was trying to get over you Theresa." HE said suddenly. "I thought that if I didn't talk to you or hear anything about you, I'd forget about you."

"Did it work?" She crossed her arms.

"Hell no. I tried to force myself to believe it did but I guess I liked you too much to let you go. The past thirteen years was a complete nightmare."

"You put yourself through that torture and..."

"And I regret it." He interrupted. "Whenever I tried to talk to you to apologize, you ignored me every single time."

"Because seeing you ticks me off."
"You're still angry?"
"Ticked me off." She corrected.

"Thanks."
"Welcome back old friend."

      He tried to bring his arms around her and she moved away from him.
"Woah, I don't do hugs. I'm a changed person," she patted his chest.
"You are," he smiled. "And what is with the white hair?"
"It looks good on me," she said.

"How's your mum?" He asked.
"Rich," she scoffed and he laughed.
"And your dad?"

"Haven't seen him in thirteen years and I don't want to."
    She started walking away.
"Thank you!"

"Let's have dinner at Steak House! I'm buying!" She yelled as she left.

"Security!" Jason yelled as Hailey pulled his suit.
"What's going on?" Luke asked.

"Tell her to get out of here unless she wants to be dragged out!" He spoke, venom in his voice.
"You have to sleep with me! You have to get me pregnant so you'll stop looking at other ladies!" Hailey shouted back.

  "You're a model,a top star." Luke pulled her. "Do you wanna see yourself in the headlines tommorow? Begging for sex?"

     She let go of his suit immediately. Her hair was so disarranged. Her designer bag was on the floor and employees were watching. She was even being recorded.

     She quickly brought out a mask and a cap.