Love Language

"So she's Hailey's step sister?" Tess asked as Jason drove them.
"Yeah, Hailey's father married her mother a year ago."
"My first thought was that you guys dated once," she teased.
"How dare you think of me that way?" He scoffed.

"Where are we headed?"
"We're going shopping!" He squealed like a teenage girl.
"Calm down girl!" Tess joked with a weird accented high-pitched voice.
"I'm so hyped for the party!" He said in that exact same voice, pronouncing 'party' as 'partey'.
"OMG! I love your eyebrows girlfriend!"
"Like, I don't know what to wear. Gideon asked me to be his girlfriend and I don't know to say!"
"Just date him yah!"

"Really?" Jason said in his real voice as they laughed.
"We look cute, seriously. Don't you agree?" Tess asked the attendant at the store who was trying really hard to contain her smile.
Tess and Jason were dressed in jean jumpsuits. They looked like cowboys and Jason was seriously against buying it.
"I love it though," Tess complained.
"Then we'll buy yours,I can't wear this around."
"Then how am I supposed to wear it with my boyfriend?" She pouted.
He stopped for a second and looked like he was drooling.
"Okay, we'll buy it," he said in a weird lovey-dovey voice. He was whipped.

"What else do you wanna do?" Jason asked, putting the bags in the back.
Tess was busy adjusting her Costello Rectangular sunglasses.

"I don't know. What do people do on dates? I haven't had one in a long time so I'm thinking it might've changed."

"How about some ice cream and then we go home? I'm tired," he leaned his back against the car.
"Yeah,me too," she crashed into him and wrapped her hands around him.

His hair stood on ends immediately. He blushed, hard. He tried to straighten up but she was holding him down.
"What are you doing?" He asked nervously.
"Resting?" She replied nonchalantly.

"You're really giving me a lot of green lights today," he wrapped his arms around her,placed his jaw on her head and smiled. People were passing by, taking pictures.

Jason didn't know whether it was because he was a social media star or they looked romantic. They were wearing couple tees with a smiley face on it.
Someone's phone was vibrating really hard.

"Arrgh!" Jason groaned as he brought out his phone. "Luke, it's my day off. Don't I deserve some alone time?"
"Of course you do," he laughed from the other end. "I wanna tell that you Mr. Harvey is right here and he's not leaving until he sees you. I don't know what to say to him."

"What does he want?" Jason released Tess as she received a phone call.
"He didn't say. He'll only talk to you."
"Okay, I'll be right there."

"I'll see you in a few minutes," Tess disconnected the call.
"I have to go," they said at the same time.
"Telepathy," they smiled at each other.

"Can you drop me off at my house?" She asked.
"Yeah, get in."

"Looks like someone's enjoying herself after hanging us," Caleb crossed his arms over his chest and stood tall. Everyone was behind him.
"I'll explain everything," she smiled at him.

"He is my father. He married someone else when I was almost sixteen. My mother was thrown into a mental institution. My teenage years were a mess. They were filled with loneliness. I grew up with major abandonment issues and I like to use that as an excuse for my attitude. They didn't even let me feel love. After my mom got healthy, we moved to Texas, away from him. Seeing him attached to James makes my heart feel tight."

They all looked on, unable to say anything. Caleb was nervously scratching his neck.
"We're sorry we pushed you too hard," Mitch apologized.
"Yeah, we didn't even know what you'd been through," Eva joined in.
"It's okay, it happens."

She stood up and started walking out, looking victorious.
"Wait!" Diana called. "What about your records?" She placed a hand on her hip.
"Yeah, you didn't explain that?" David pulled her back.

"You guys just won't let me off, will you?"
"Nope."
"We want the whole truth. Why are your records so perfect? Are you really a stealth agent?"
"I don't know," she replied mischievously.
"Come on!"

"Okay, okay, fine. I was a stealth agent."
"Was?" They all chorused.
"Yeah, was. I was one of the best in Texas. Shooting, escaping, infiltration, secret rendezvous, tailing, wiretapping and bombing. I was one of the best in every field until I crossed my boundaries.
I killed a suspect before he was proven guilty. He was later found guilty of murdering six kids but I had acted rashly. I killed him. I was about to get fired until the director asked me to come here. If I could make a good team of new recruits, I could be accepted back. And as for the records, as long as you're a stealth agent, that's how it is."

"So, we're your ticket back to Texas?" Diana asked unsure of herself.
"Yeah and if this team goes well, you guys are coming with me," she explained.
"Quick question," Eva raised her hand. "On what part of the body did you shoot him?"
"Right between the eyes," she responded immediately.

Everyone looked shocked.
"You're ruthless," David managed to spill.
"I am. So,we haven't heard anything from Cap's office?"

"Yeah,it been surprisingly and suspiciously silent." Diana responded.
"What are you wearing?" Caleb furrowed his brows.
"Is that a couple tee?"

"Yeah."

"With Jason?" Mitch smirked as he Diana made kissy faces.
"How old are you guys?" Tess asked them.
"How old are you?" Eva smiled.
"I'm thirty one."

"I'm twenty eight," Caleb pumped.
"We're all twenty six," David spoke for everyone.
"I'm twenty five," Diana admitted shyly.
"But, you have the brain of a forty year old," Tess praised her.

"Hello? You have to tell me now!"
A voice said out of nowhere.
"Who was that?" Tess asked.
"It's coming from Cap's office," Diana ran back to her computer.

"Who killed the girls? You have to tell me at least!" He yelled. "Detective Harvey has been snooping around! It's only a matter of time before she finds you. Your daughter has talent!"