My last days

Tess helped him out of the car into the company. The receptionist offered to help but Tess turned her down. She got into the elevator and went to his office. Luke was there.
"What's wrong?" Luke rushed to their side and helped him to the couch.
Tears were running out of Jason's eyes.
"Why are you crying?" Luke asked frantically. "What's wrong?"
"Can you please excuse us?" Tess pleaded with Luke.
"What? I can't leave you two like this."

"Please," she pleaded.

He sighed and walked out.

Jason was hyperventilating.
"Jason," Tess cupped her face. "Look at me, it's gonna be okay."
"No it's not. It's not gonna be okay," he cried out. "I've probably infected you too. Remember, we had sex!"
"I'm fine!" She shook him. "It's not contagious yet."
"How do you know? How did you get all this information?"

"I know your kidnappers. I know who kidnapped you."
"Who was it?" He squeezed her arms.
"I can't tell you," she bit her lips.
"Why not?"
"I'm sorry. All I can say is that a cure for the virus is currently being made. You'll be okay soon."
"How sure are you?"

"Eighty percent," she nodded.
"I don't wanna die," he sobbed.
"I know," she hugged him and placed his head on her shoulder. "Nobody wants to die. I'm not gonna let you die."

He was crying uncontrollably. Luke came in.
"The executives are on their way. If you don't want them to see you like this, do something."

"I'll take you home," Tess offered.
"No," he wiped his tears. "You said eighty percent, I trust you."
"Thanks," she patted him and walked out.

Tess was about to get into the elevator when Luke ran to her.
"What was that all about?"

"I'll tell you later," she said as she entered. "Later."

"Should we start the briefing?" Mitch asked.
"We can't do a briefing without her. She's the one with the information," Diana said.
"I'm back," Tess walked in. "Let's start the briefing."

"I taped cameras and bugs in his living room and the bedroom. Here are the pictures of the documents from his safe," she dropped her phone. "Share them amongst yourselves and see find anything useful."

"What about the treasure?" Caleb asked with excitement.
"I'm sorry?"
"Yesterday, you told me that you found treasure."

She sighed deeply and told them all to gather round.
"You guys know Lucas, right? My friend that I've been looking for?"
They murmured, "yes"

"I found him. In Mr. Harvey's kitchen, there's a secret passageway down to his basement. Lucas and two other people are trapped down there. A Korean scientist and a Chinese hacker. They've been stuck there for years, making a virus for Mr. Harvey."

"A virus?" David asked again. "So, this is true."

"This virus is gonna be released into NYC. When it is, Mr. Harvey will come forward, hiding under his pharmaceutical company to provide a cure."

"That man is crazy," Mitch muttered and Tess looked at him. "No offense."
"None taken," she replied.

"We don't have anything right now to ask for a search warrant," Diana analysed.
"Even if we did, we're not going in." Tess said.

"Why not?"

"Because, I need them to finish making the cure first."
"Why do you need the cure?" Caleb asked.
"For Jason."

"Jason? What has he got to do with this?" David stood up.

"He's been fainting frequently recently. He has the virus in him."

"What?" Everyone stood up.
"How?"

"Mr. Harvey kidnapped him, then the virus was injected. He was their test monkey."

"Those assholes!" David banged his fist on the table.

"I almost forgot," Caleb walked to the drawer and pulled out a file. "This is the visitors list from the orphanage."

Tess collected it and flipped through the pages.
"Tom Harvey," she said out loud. "My gut feeling was right. He just had to be there."

"Are you okay?" They tried to console her.
"Of course not. When you have a murder suspect as your father, you wouldn't be okay. I just hate him!!" She yelled. "I wish he wasn't my father."

A twig snapped at the entrance and retreating footsteps were heard. Everyone stood up and ran outside. There was no one there.
"Are we imagining things?" Mitch said.
"I heard it too," Tess said. "Someone was here."

"We'll start going through the documents," Caleb said. "You should get some rest."

She nodded and left them alone.
She spent some time alone outside, thinking about everything. Walking slowly to the fountain,she started thinking.

What did her mother ever see in Mr. Harvey? What made him so attractive? His money? Wealth? Fame? He was definitely attractive as a man but still, when you're looking for a spouse, you look for one who has character.
He's not even human. He's completely void of emotions. He doesn't think things through before doing it.
She remembered her early childhood. He was a sweet father. She had the best parents anyone could wish for. They were in love and they gave her everything she wanted. She never had to ask before receiving.

All of a sudden, everything changed. He changed. He drove Barb crazy. Then, their lives became ruined when he got a new wife. He stopped caring about Barb. He didn't even wanna know if she was alive or dead. He became obsessed with a stranger he married for more money. Then, he began to control her family. He wasn't able to control Grandma and Ryder's mom. They were invincible, well except for grandma but Annalise was different. She didn't include herself in their matters. She separated herself from them. She was different. There's Aunt Tiffany who was a ball in their court. They played her however they wanted.

Then, there was Tess. She tried to be different but was she really? Isn't she just transforming into a replica of her father? She was confused and stressed. She had no one else to turn to.

Everyone had their issues too. She couldn't possibly add hers to the pile, right? That would be unfair.
She heard ruffling behind her.

"I know you were at the cottage."