Is he alive?

She moved around on her bed and finally opened her eyes. This time, angry faces surrounded her. She tried to sit up when Jason's venomous voice stopped her.

   "Don't you dare!" He raised a finger at her.

"What happened?" She managed to ask.

"You fainted, again," Luke sat beside her and wiped a little sweat from her forehead.
"I'm fine," she tried to sit.

      David moved quickly and cuffed her hands to the bed.
"What is going on? Uncuff me!" She tried to break free.
"You heard the man, don't you dare,"Luke repeated.

     "Theresa!" Barb burst through the room door.
"Mom?"

"My baby," she started crying. "We've both been so busy we didn't have time to take care of each other," she sniffled.

"I'm fine, really," she repeated.

"You're fine?" Luke also said. "Is that why you're taking this?" He pulled out a bottle.

"What's that?" Barb wiped her tears.

"Pills. For those dealing with depression."

        Almost everyone turned to look at Tess. Her eyes were glassy.
"Uncuff me," she said.
   David uncuffed her quickly.

  "You know sometimes," she faced them all, "we all have something we don't want the world to know about," she removed the needle in her wrist and walked out.

    "The doctor said apart from malnutrition, she overdosed on her drugs," Luke explained to Barb.
"My daughter's depressed?"

"For about two years now," he added.
Barb ran after her daughter.

     She was sitting in a waiting room alone.
Barb sat close to her. Nobody said anything for a few minutes until Tess broke the silence.

   "It's not your fault."
"It kinda is. I left you alone in Texas."
"Yeah, because I chose to stay there. I'm grown up," she said and faced her mother. " It's my issues, I'll take care of it."

"By taking drugs? Overdosing yourself?"

"You're right. Overdosing was my mistake."

  "Promise me you'll rely less on the drugs," she held out her pinky finger.
"Mom, seriously. I'm grown up."

  "Promise."

"Okay, I promise," they stamped it.
" You need to get going, I promise I'll come home tonight," she said immediately.
"I don't wanna leave you alone."

"I'm not alone mom,I have a bunch of people in there worrying about me," she smiled.
"You say it like it's a good thing."
"It is a good thing," she smiled. "To have people who worry for you is a blessing and I'm thankful for that even though I don't show it."

  "Okay then, I'll leave you in their capable hands," Barb hugged her daughter and waved goodbye.

      Luke came out to sit with her.

"You okay?" He asked her.
"Well, after you exposed me like that, I don't know what to think about anymore."

"I don't regret doing that," he faced her. "You're bottling up a lot of emotions that need to be let out. If you don't, it might destroy you."

"I think you should consider a career in therapy," she chuckled.
"No thank you. Jason still pays me more than enough."

   "Dumbass."

        "What were you gonna tell me?" Luke straightened up.
"What?"

"You ran into the office and wanted to tell me something."

She looked around for a while before reality dawned on her.
"Yes! I wanted to ask you something!"

"Well, what is it?"

  "When did Lucas die?"

"What?" His face became dark.

" I mean the date." She emphasized.

"January 10. Ten days after the new year, we were still in college."

"Did you see him being laid into the grave?" She asked again.
"Yes, of course. He's my cousin, you think I'd miss his funeral?"

"Luke, there's something else going on. I saw Lucas."

"What?"

"Not physically, I saw him in a picture with someone. It was taken two years after Lucas died." She explained.

"You do realize you're not making any sense," he raised an eyebrow at her.
"I expected you to say that," she stood up and pulled his hand with her.

       They walked into her room and she went straight to Diana.
"Do you have that picture I saw before I ran off?" She asked.

"Of course," Diana dipped her hand into her pocket. "I thought you might need it," she handed it over.

     Tess zoomed in on Lucas's face. James was in the middle,a lady was holding a guy's hand. They both stood by the right side of James and Lucas was on the left.

     Luke snatched the phone and looked at it carefully. His mouth hung open.
Everyone was watching the scene silently.

"I..I..I can't...I can't believe this." He exclaimed. "He looks exactly like Lucas."

"You think so too? The resemblance is uncanny. I can't dismiss this as just an ordinary doppelganger." Tess took in a sharp breath.

  "So there's a possibility that he's alive?" Luke asked Tess. "But why didn't he contact us? Why didn't he contact me? Who did we bury?"

"Keep this under wraps for now," Tess patted his back.

°you can tell Lucas to do the jobs°

      Tess remembered what James had said earlier in the gym.
"You guys go back." She turned to her team. "Diana, James received a call at the gym this morning. Please find out who he was talking to."

    They all went out.

"I guess I'll leave too," Jason followed.

    Tess's phone started ringing.
"Hello?"

"Tess!"Johnson's voice came from the other end. "Alessia is in trouble!"

"What?"
"Where are you guys? Where is she?" Tess asked frantically and Luke looked anxious.

"We're at St. Stevens Hospital."
"I'm at St. Stevens too! Where exactly are you?"

"Did you faint again? I swear, when I see you, I will be shoving a full course meal down your throat!"

" Yell at me later! Where are you guys?" She asked again.

"I'll wait for you in front of elevator B."
"I'll meet you there in a minute." She disconnected the call.

"What's going on?" Luke asked and fetched a wheelchair.
"I think Alessia's hurt. She's in this hospital," she started walking away when Luke pulled her.

"Sit," he shoved it under her knees and she sat forcefully. "Where are we going?"
"Elevator B," she grumbled.