Aimsburg

"It's the third time now, are you sure he's okay?"

"I can't say he's okay but there's also nothing wrong with him. His reports are completely normal," the doctor said to Tess for the fifth time.
"At least, check the injection mark."

He moved closer and pulled Jason's sleeves up.
"A large amount of the substance was injected into his body. If it was sleeping aid, then it's too much."

"Thank you," she said as she helped Jason up.

After the doctor was gone, Tess told Jason," I have to go to Aimsburg."

"I'll go with you."
"No, you're not."
"Don't be happy. I figured that my life is in danger and it's best if I tag along. I mean, what if I faint where no one can see me?"

She thought about his words for a while before she spoke up.
"Fine, you can tag along."

She drove his car with him in the passenger seat.
"Hey Diana," Tess called her.
"Yes?"
"Please send James and Tony's childhood pictures to me and they years that they spent at the orphanage."
"Got it."

Jason was napping in the chair that Tess pulled back for him.
When they got to Aimsburg, she wanted to leave him in the car but she remembered last time. She leaned over to his side to wake him up. She was directly over him.

"Jason?" She called out softly.

She looked at his face for a while, admiring his features. He opened his eyes suddenly and she gasped.
"Why are you so surprised? You were the one staring at me," he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car.
She got out too.

"Is this the orphanage?" He asked her and she nodded. "I've been here once. I donated shoes."

They walked in to the headmistress's office. They asked to sit outside for a while while she attended to a visitor. After a few minutes, they were called in.

"Welcome," she smiled at them. "Mr. Gerard?"
"Yes," he shook her hand.

Tess showed her badge and sat down.
"How long have you been here?" She asked.
"About thirty years."

"Do you recognize this kids?" She showed her the photos that Diana had sent. "James Sullivan and Tony Stark."

"Ah, yes. I recognize them. They were best friends."
"Do you know Mr. Harvey? Tom Harvey?"
"Yes, he's one of our sponsors. Every three years, he sponsors two kids." She explained.

"He sponsored James and Tony too, right?"

"Exactly. Later, we found out that James's father was Mr. Harvey's friend."
"How would you define James and Tony?"

"They were normal little kids. James was the first one here. After two weeks, Tony was brought here. Tony didn't speak to anyone when he arrived. He gets obsessed with something easily. He had no friends. Then, he started taking a liking to James. They were inseparable. All was well until they both witnessed something."

"What is it?"
"Suicide. A Reverend Father was here at that time. He was dealing with depression so one day, he walked up the roof and jumped. James and Tony were up there that day. After that incident, we transferred them to another orphanage."

"How sure are you that it was suicide?" Tess asked her.
"Excuse me?"
"Did anyone see the Father jump? I'm assuming there are no cameras up there. So, you believed what those kids said?"

"Are you accusing those little kids of murder?"
"I never said that but maybe. Let's go," she told Jason and turned.

She saw a picture on the wall. It was a picture of Mr. Harvey giving Tony and James some gifts. She scoffed and waited.

"Can I see a list of visitors who came on the day that the Father died?" She asked.
"Yes,but that will take a lot of time. If you had informed me about you visiting, we would have gotten it ready."

"Get it ready by tommorow. I'll be back for it."

They were silent on their way back. Jason slept again.
"We're back," Tess told me team.
"Just in time," Caleb smiled. "Tell us what you found."

"They're best friends. Tony was the shy one until he became friends with James. They were inseparable. They witnessed a Father jump from the orphanage roof or that's what she was told. They were transferred after that incident."

"I bet a hundred dollars that it's not suicide," David spoke up.
"You don't need to," Eva said.
"They witnessed a suicide and now they're suspects for murder. It totally adds up," Diana said from her computer.

"Diana, did you find out anything?" Tess said.

"Yes." She turned around on her seat.

Jason was groaning from the room.
"Excuse me for a minute," Tess said as she went into the room.
"What's wrong?" She asked him.
"I have a bad headache," he said. He couldn't even open his eyes.

"Come on," she pulled him up gently.

She took some pills from the drawer and got him a cup of water. After he drank it, she checked his temperature with a thermometer.
"You're burning up," she said as she touched his forehead.
"Don't worry,I'll be fine. I just need rest," he relaxed back.
"Are you sure?"
"Why does it feel like you're worried about me?" He chuckled weakly.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not."

She pulled the covers over him and went to the other room.
"Is he okay?" Eva asked with concern.
"He's gonna be fine, he just needs rest."

"Back to what I found," Diana continued. "On the day that she was murdered, a number called her repeatedly. For about six times but she didn't answer. It was a burner phone so we don't know who it was. I'll try to scavenge through everything else."

"So, it's back to square one," David sighed.

"I'm so frustrated," Mitch ran a hand through his hair.
"We still have no evidence from the murders?" Tess asked them.
"Nothing, just an email from the NFS," David said.
"From what?" Tess asked as if she had lost her hearing.

"The NFS. They sent an email but I didn't check it."

Diana tapped violently on the keyboard.
"It says that another DNA was found on one of the girl's body. It's from the lab assistant. It says here that he was asked to forget about the hair that he had seen from the girl's hand."

"So, this had started from that time?"

"He tested the strand of hair and checked for DNA. It belongs to Mr. Harvey," Diana exclaimed.

"I knew something was fishy," Tess hissed.