Hot Geeks

Geek day, tomorrow.

I screamed my head off and the pizza box dropped from my hand.
"You just ruined our food!" Luke whined again.
"Geek emergency!" Scott burst through the door.

"Yeah, I saw the text," I raised my phone to him.
"I had no idea that it was tomorrow," he sprawled out on the couch cross-legged.

"You guys are still having this childish tradition?" Ryder said, pursing his lips.

"It's not childish," I snapped. "By the way, why did you come back?" I turned to Scott.
"My bike's here. I left it in your garage the last time I brought it. I'll get it and leave."

I nodded and he walked out.
"So, you're gonna dress up as a geek tomorrow?" Luke smirked.
"You too," I smirked back.
"What?''

"That's your test. If you can make it through tomorrow without being embarrassed of your appearance, you're free to be my friend."
"Really?"
"Yeah."

"She's gonna make you feel embarrassed tomorrow, trust me." Ryder turned to Luke.
"Goodnight," I said and walked upstairs.

I took a quick shower and sat on my bed thinking about Aunt Tiffany. Something seemed odd. Why would Ryder want to take me to the wedding himself? He could have came from college and then,we would meet there.
Then,it hit me.

I rushed as quickly as possible downstairs and both guys were still awake.

"What's got you running?" Ryder took a bite out of the pizza he was holding.
"Are my parents going to be at the wedding?"

He turned pale and blank immediately.
"You're kidding me, right?"
"Tessa," he tried to talk.

"Don't you dare! Did you think I wouldn't find out? After everything they've put me through, you still want me to be associated with them? I trusted you and you broke it."

"I wasn't gonna take you to the wedding!" He growled. "I was just trying to play along with them! Do you really think I would betray you?"
"Yeah! I do," I stormed upstairs.

I felt tired,frustrated and hopeless. Everyone wants to be associated with my parents without knowing what they are.

Trash, monsters, that's what they are. They act nice and warm in public while in the real sense, they're really filthy.

When I went to the dinner they had invited me to the other day,I was forced to sign a paper.

Whenever they needed my signature,they would always find a way to lure me out.

I was just a tool that they had to take whenever they needed it. My head was pounding fiercely. It felt like I was being hammered in the head.

I reached over to my table to take a tablet but it wasn't there. Ivy had left it in the kitchen.

I groaned at the thought of going back there and facing Ryder.
Someone knocked on the door.

"I don't wanna see anyone right now!" I yelled.
The door was opened and Luke helped himself in. He had a tray of water and medicine with him.

"I thought I said I didn't wanna see anyone," I stood up and glared at him.

"I know you have an headache,so just take the tablet." He pushed the tray towards me and laughed.
"What's so funny?" I inched closer to him.