Compassion

"How did you know he didn't kill them?" Diana asked.
"The girl said the person talking to him seemed like his boss. Moreover, the DNA found under one of the girls fingernails doesn't belong to him." She explained as she drove them back to their quarters. "It's yet to be identified but it isn't his. The only thing we can pin on him is kidnapping."

    "So he has a boss?" Caleb said, stroking his chin.
    "I just said that."

"Why did you rile him up like that?" Diana asked out of curiosity.

"Criminals like him have a motive when they kidnap. Didn't you notice him looking at us? He also grabbed my... y'know. He's sexually frustrated." She pulled in their parking lot. "I figured, since he didn't kill them, someone else must have also slept with them.

   "Wow, we're so lucky to have you here. I bet they liked you in Texas too," Caleb said.

    They entered their quarters through the back door.
"You're back," Mitch greeted.
"Did you find anything?" Tess yawned.
"Yeah," David said from the computers.

"What is it?" Tess rushed to him.

"We looked at CCTV footages around and in front of Iron Man's house and we found out that a man always visits him every friday night."

"He might be the real killer," Caleb said slowly.

"Let's not arrest him now," Tess managed to say as she wobbled.
"Woah,are you okay?" David rushed to her side.

"I'm fine," she removed his hands. "I have a feeling there's something bigger behind this case."
"I think so too," Mitch agreed.

"Why do I keep wobbling around? I need water," She walked to their water dispenser and just as she was about to drink, she fell to the ground.

    "Boss!" Mitch called out loudly as they all ran to her side.

"Quick! Get the car!" Caleb threw the keys to David and he pushed her onto his back.

      When they arrived at the hospital, she was placed in a ward immediately. She was subjected to drips and some injections. Johnson was calling her phone and Mitch picked it up.

"Hey Tess! I wanna ask you something!"

"She's in a hospital," he replied slowly.

"What? Who is this?"
"Mitch, one of her teammates."

"Is she hurt? Is she awake? Is she alive? Which hospital?"
"Woah, one question at a time dude. She fainted, she's at St. Stevens."

   The call was disconnected immediately.

      In about ten minutes, Johnson was at the hospital. Running to the nurses,he asked,"I'm looking for a female with white hair, she was brought in because she fainted?"

"Go through that corridor, you'll find her there."

    He practically ran through the corridors, pulling curtains of different patients while muttering, 'sorry's'.

    "Tess!" He almost yelled when he saw her.
The team were shocked by his voice as they all flinched. David left Tess's side quickly as Johnson ran to her side. He was lightly slapping her cheeks to wake her subconscious.

"The doctor said she should wake up in a few hours," Caleb filled him in.

"You're her team?" He asked and they nodded. "Thank you so much."

    He picked up his phone quickly and called Luke.

"Hey, motherfucker! Get your ass here! Tess fainted!" He yelled into the phone. "I don't know what's fucking wrong with her, just come down to St. Stevens!" He hung up and started looking at Tess attentively.

"You look so thin," He murmured. "Do you even eat at home? You're always looking so fine that I didn't bother to worry about you," He muttered as a single tear rolled down his face.

      The team just stood there, scratching the back of their necks.
Well, this was an awkward situation. Johnson talked to the doctor and got Tess moved to a room. At least it was more comfortable, they could sit while waiting for her to wake up.

      Johnson was sitting on a stool by her side while the team was sitting on a large couch.

After about ten minutes, they heard a loud noise.

"Tess!" He yelled as he ran inside. He halted when he saw her lying down there, lifeless.
Jason walked to her side slowly as Luke walked into the room. Johnson was on the right side, Jason on the left and Luke stood by the foot of bed.

    For four hours, she lay there. Not moving an inch, everyone's eyes were peeled open, fixed on her. She took a deep breath and they all stood up. She blinked rapidly at first and then opened her eyes. She couldn't even see the light because they were all crowded around her.

    "Tess," Johnson called slowly but she didn't look at him.
"Theresa," Luke called out but she closed her eyes again.
"Tess?" Jason tried too.

No answer.

"Boss?" All the team called members called gently but she didn't open her eyes.

"Did she become deaf?" Johnson sniffled and faced Luke.
"I'm pretty sure that's not the case," he replied.

"Shouldn't we call the doctor?" Jason suggested.
"We didn't think of that!" Luke and Jason screamed almost immediately.

  "What is wrong with you guys?!" Tess yelled as she sat up. They were all startled but still managed to crowd her once more.
"Are you okay?" Everyone asked but with different tones. They all looked at each other weirdly when the doctor walked in.

   "I see you're awake," he smiled. "How are feeling?"

"Just a little bit light-headed,"she managed to reply.

"Can you please make some space?" He gestured to them and they a took a step back.

A step.

     He sighed and continued,"You collapsed because of stress and malnutrition. I would recommend you stay here for a few days but if would like to go home, you'll have to take a lot of rest."

   "I think I'll just go home,"she smiled.

"No," everyone yelled and the doctor held onto his coat, looking around frantically.
"You're not going home," Jason said.
"At least not on my watch," Johnson finalized.

"Wow," the doctor marveled at the sight and they turned to him.
"Don't I need to fill some papers?" She asked him.

"It was already done by him," he pointed at Johnson. "He also paid for your room."

"Thanks," she said to him. "They really care about you," he wrote some things on the tag beside her bed and left.

   "Are you feeling better?" Mitch asked, scratching his neck.
"You guys go back," she smiled. "I'll meet you there in a while."

"What?" Diana exclaimed.
"You're not leaving that easily," David said.
"Leave, it's an order," she pointed to the door.
"Are you sure you're okay?"Eva voiced out.
"Caleb," Tess looked at him for help.

"Okay, okay," he clapped. "That's enough, let go," he pulled them. "Move it, people!"

     After they are out, she looked at the three knights left one by one.
        "Shouldn't you guys be leaving too?" She asked, crossing her arms against her chest.

  "I'm not leaving," Johnson said immediately.

  "Neither are we, right?" Luke asked Jason.
"Of course, we all die here."

    "Good, die here. Don't follow me." She stood up and pushed the drip stand out.