Party Crashers

Lucas stopped his music, Luke ended his call and Scott sprayed mouth juice onto my face.
  "Dude! What the hell?" I quickly grabbed a tissue and dabbed at my face.

"What are you wearing?" Luke asked me, raising his lips. "Is this the wedding dress?" He turned to Ryder who was having problems with his tie.

"No, idiot. That's not the wedding dress. Tessa, what are you wearing? " He gave up on his futile efforts on the tie and walked closer to me.

"Clothes?" I inched closer to him and started knotting his tie.
"What about the dress?" He fidgeted.
"Relax," I patted his back. "It's in the bag. I just wanna give them a shock first. Hopefully, they'll get a heart attack and leave me alone!"

I finished the knot and tucked it perfectly.
"Are you guys staying here?" I turned to the guys.
"My house is a tornado right now so, I'll stay."Lucas plopped on the couch.
"I've got nowhere else to go, ''Luke walked into the kitchen.

"I'm staying too,"Scott agreed.
"Great,you guys can do some cleaning before I get back."
"What?" Scott yelled.
"No way," Luke emerged from the kitchen.
"Okay! At least don't mess up the house,"I walked to the door with Ryder.

"Shotgun!" I called as I ran into the car.

"The seat is naturally yours, you have no one to compete with." He chuckled as he ignited the engine. He pulled out of the driveway on to the streets as we began our journey to Aunt Tiffany's remarriage.

To cut the long story short, let's just say I slept through the entire ride. Ryder didn't even bother to wake me.

Who does that?

"And we're finally here," he stopped the car.
"Finally," I yawned.

    We stepped out of the car and I looked at the gigantic church. There was a house near the church. It was decorated a little bit.
"Is that it?" I pointed to the house.
"Yeah," Ryder adjusted his tie."Let's go".

      I straightened up and we walked towards the house. As we got on the porch, Ryder pressed the doorbell. It was opened almost immediately.

"Ryder, so lovely to see you here."
Then, the slobbery kisses followed.

Ew, gross.

I cleared my throat and she finally turned to gaze at me.
"Theresa."
"Mrs Harvey," I said curtly and walked in. I bumped into a few people on my way. People I hate. People I once hated. People I was planning to hate.

Then, finally.

Bride's room.

"Aunt?" Ryder called.

   Her back was facing us. Someone was helping her with her make-up. Her dress was white, laced and by the looks of it, super expensive.

"Ryder? Theresa?" She spun around, stood up and pulled us into a rough hug. I could barely breathe.

What is it with these people hugging me today?

"You guys made it," she squealed.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world," I giggled sarcastically.
Ryder rolled his eyes and turned to her.

"Seriously aunt, why are you getting married again?"
"Monetary benefits," she sighed.  "Theresa's parents want a partnership with the groom's company so they're getting me married. Again."

"So, is he handsome?" I picked up a Rubik's cube and fiddled with it.
"A little."
"What about the best man?"
"Handsome hunk. Young."
"I gotta go check him out."

I stood up and paced around the room.
"I need an excuse to see him."
"Here," she handed a phone to me. "He forgot his phone when he came to see me. I gotta warn you, he's full of tattoos."
"So is this ass here," I nudged Ryder who scowled at me.

" Ryder is even better. He's got everywhere covered." His room is third to your left when you stand in front of my door."
"I'll be back."

      I just wanna flirt. Right now, I'm not interested in dating anyone. I found the room and put on my 'I don't care' face. I walked in without knocking. A figure stood dusting his suit. His hair was gelled backwards and I could see the tattoos on his neck.

Looks familiar.

"Hey, I was asked to give you your....."
He turned around and I couldn't finish my sentence.

Max.
That guy who made me know about my reputation.
The tattooed nerd.

"Wait a second, you're the best man?"
I was flabbergasted and overwhelmed. This is a stupid twist.
He nodded.

"Fuck!" I kicked a chair.
"Here, just take your phone," I threw it at him and walked out.

Stupid wedding.

       I stopped in front of aunt's door when I heard sobbing. I creaked the door open a little.

"I don't wanna get married. Even the man I'm supposed to get married to has a girlfriend. You should have seen the way she harassed me at the mall the other day. I was so humiliated. Since they made Theresa their next of kin, she has to sign some documents. This marriage is the only way that she can sign it without causing a scene."

So this was their game plan all along. They organised this wedding for me.

Time to give them a little surprise of their own.

I wandered around the house until I found the groom's room. I walked right in and saw him fixing his tie in front of a mirror.

What is it with guys and ties today?

"Hey," I called as I sat on a chair.
"Who are you?" He faced me.
"Your worst nightmare," I chuckled.
"Excuse me?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Gimme your phone," I stood up and walked closer to him.
" Who are you and what do you want from me?"
"Gimme your your fucking phone!" I growled at him and he fell to the floor.

    He scrambled his hand around in his suit and he handed me his phone.
"What did you save your girlfriend's name as?" I scrolled through his contacts.
" Monica."

He was really scared. I can't believe my aunt is getting married to a man who's scared of an eighteen-year-old.

Well, I don't blame him. We can be pretty scary.

Hey Monica.
   I'm finally getting married to that woman today. Her family is just forcing her to get married to me. I really don't like her.
  How about you come to the wedding and create a ruckus? I really need help right now and you're the only one I can turn to for help. Love you, baby.

   I sent that wonderful speech to Monica. Possibly, she'll come and disrupt the wedding. She's the only hope I have right now.
"Here," I stretched his phone back to him. I was about to walk out the door when I turned back to him.
"Your suit looks nice, I really love the material." I winked at him.
"Thanks?"

    I walked in on a stylist fitting some pins into the bride's hair.
"What took you so long? Did you guys hook up?"
    She had this weird smile on her face. Anyone could figure that it was fake. I felt sorry for her. Poor aunt had to suffer because of my stubbornness.
"Are you done?" I said to the stylist.
"Yeah, do you need me?" She smiled sweetly.

"I need you to get out so I can talk to my aunt."
"Theresa," Aunt Tiffany pinched me.
"What? I was being polite." I defended myself as Ms Stylist packed her bags and left.
"What did you wanna talk about?"

She gathered her gown and stood in front of the mirror, checking herself out.
"I'm sorry."