Lucas

"You said you didn't like her anymore," Jason said.
"I don't remember saying that. I've liked her for thirteen years, it's not easy letting her go."

"So, you're not gonna let her go?" He asked.
"Of course," he looked prepared.
"Even if she never likes you?"

"She's gonna like me." He said confidently.
"Why are you so sure?" Jason pressed further.

"I don't think you have any right to ask that. I'm your employee, you don't need to know everything about me."

Black straight gown that reached a little bit above her knee with net covering her cleavage. It was an armless gown which was covered by a black jacket. A belt wrapped around her small waist held her jacket with her dress. She was wearing black heels paired with a black handbag. She was coming down the stairs, the guys saw her and kept quiet.

She brought out a fascinator from behind her, and donned it. The black net covered her face.

"Shall we?" She stood, facing Luke.
"Yes,let's go," he held out his arm and she interlinked their arms.

They were about to walk out the door when Jason charged past them, almost knocking them down.

"Hey asshole! You're supposed to tell your hosts you're leaving!" She yelled after him as he walked swiftly to his car. "Jason!"

He entered his car and drove away.
"That asshole!" She said sharply.

They took Luke's car and off they went to the cemetery. Tess followed Luke as he led her to Lucas's grave. When they finally got there, they stood silently.

Tess started observing his epitaph. It was probably someone else in there. She felt she had to tell Luke about it. They had to be sure.

"Luke," she pulled him to face her. "That's not Lucas."

He was silent for a while before speaking up.
"Are you sure you're okay? I think you're still traumatized," he started checking her all over.

"I'm perfectly fine so listen!" She almost yelled. "Before I was abandoned in that car, before you guys found me, I heard something. Lucas is alive."

He looked on at her.

"But not for long. I don't know what they're planning to do with him but he's alive!"

He took a deep breath and started,"I saw my cousin lowered into the grave. It's just a lookalike. Lucas is alive, let's say I agree with that. You showed me a picture too. Who's in the grave?"

"I don't know that," she surrendered.
"Please, I've always respected you Theresa. Don't make me regret it," he raised a finger at her.

"I'm serious!" She stomped her feet.
"Hey!" He moved towards her swiftly. "Just because I like you doesn't mean you can talk to my best friend that way! I brought you here because I thought you wanted to see him. I brought you here and you start to spout nonsense!"

"It is not nonsense!" She shook him.
"Theresa!" He yelled. "You're not being reasonable right now and you're testing my patience!" He pushed her and she lost her footing.

"Ow!" She groaned loudly.

She held on to her right ankle and removed her heel.
"Theresa, are you okay?" He tried to help her up.
"Get off!" She pushed him away and struggled to get back up. "I hope you don't learn the truth when it's too late."

She staggered out of the scene, the cemetery and then to the main road.

"No taxis? This is not your lucky day," she muttered to herself as she walked on the sidewalk. She heard a car honk behind her multiple times.
She turned around to see Jason driving slowly to keep up with her pace. She scoffed and continued walking.

"You really wanna be stubborn and hurt your ankle more?" He yelled from the car.

She bit her lip in frustration. He stopped beside her.
"Get in!"

"You had a face-off because of me so you followed us here because you were afraid I might fall in love with him?" She repeated.
"Yeah."

"We were at a cemetery!" She smacked him. "People don't fall in love at cemeteries."

"Well excuse me for being cautious," he scoffed and kept his eyes on the road.
"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'm just driving," he replied with a carefree attitude.

"You said your company was having problems last night, is that why you're avoiding going to work?"
He looked at her, his eyes glistening.
"I knew I liked you for a reason."

"Well, what is it?"

"We were supposed to launch a new idea or concept this week but I found out another company stole our idea. We have absolutely nothing to offer and our investors are demanding we refund them." He sighed.

"I have an idea, if you would listen."

"Of course I will, anything could help me right now."

"How about a father-son concept?" She pitched her idea.
"What?"

"A father-son concept underwear. Matching underwear for fathers and sons. Sons of different age ranges."

"Okay? I think it's coming to me," he started smiling.
"Have you tried modelling?" She asked.
"What?"
"Have you tried modelling for your company?"
"No, we hire professional models to do that. We have a partnership with a modelling company."

"I think you should use the money that you were gonna pay the models to make a little bat h of little boys underwear that match with your current goods. You know, the one you have currently?"

"Okay?" He said to mean he was listening. He had parked the car at this point.

"Then, you pick one of your nephews or maybe a kid who's good enough to be your son, then you wear the products. You should model for your products, at least you have a nice body."

"Then, when we sell the products, we can use that money to make another batch until demands keep increasing!" He finished the idea himself.

"Yeah, that's what I meant."

"How did you even think of that?"

"Oh, I have a lot of ideas but some people just don't wanna listen. Well at least you listen to me," she raised her hands and moved closer to him. "Consider it a 'thank you' for caring so much about me and saving my life."

He was really grateful for this moment but something else was going through his mind. He looked closer at her lips and swallowed hard.

"Tess? I.."
"What?" She moved closer and he caught her.

He kissed her with all his emotions in the box. He didn't even care about the consequences. She was stiff but he didn't care. He was just grateful for this moment.