HolyMan

"You're cops. The receptionist said you wanted to see me. How may I help you?"

They were sitting across a man who was dressed neatly in a blue tailored suit. Tess looked at him. He didn't look like someone who was mourning.
"I have a meeting in ten minutes so, are you gonna say anything?" He said again.

"Mr. Hart, we're here to ask you some questions about Miss Anna Bolton." Tess started.

"Anna? Is she in trouble? I've been trying to call her but she's not answering." He said frantically.
"What's your relationship with her?"

"She's my fiancee. She's currently pregnant. Is she okay?"

You can clearly see him panicking.

"Does anyone know about your relationship?"

"Of course. I know her friends and she knows mine. My parents know her, we're gonna get married in three months." He explained.

"Is her mother aware?" David pitched in and Tess shot him a glare.

"Yes, but she never wanted us together. She said I was too old for her, I didn't come from a good family. She was against our relationship. But, you've not told me anything? Is she okay?"

"Miss Bolton is dead." Tess said frankly.

It was silent. Both eyes were focused on Will. He moved his lips,"I talked to her yesterday, our baby was troubling her. She wanted to eat Mc Nuggets and an iced latte. I practically ran over to her place and fed her." He said calmly as tears streamed down his face. "How can you make such a joke? How can you say she's dead?" He screamed.

"We'll come back when you're stable." Tess stood up and David followed her out.

"Does he look suspicious?" Tess asked David.
"I'm not a good judge of character but he looks innocent to me."

"I felt that too," Tess added.

When they walked into the lobby, Tess bumped shoulders with a man. His files fell to the floor and she quickly bent down to pick it up.

"I'm so sorry," she quickly apologized while packing the files. When they were piled up, she stood up and made to give it to the person. She lifted her eyes and she glared at the person immediately.

"Theresa?" He said with a quivering voice. "Is that you?"

She dropped the files with a loud noise and walked out with David hot on her heels.

She picked a bottle of water from her car and gulped it down in an instant. She drove calmly all the way to Canary that David fell asleep on the way.

"Are you gonna keep sleeping?" She said as she pulled over in their underground parking lot. David was sleeping soundly, his seatbelt across his body. Tess sighed and leaned over to remove his seatbelt. Considering the fact that he was taller, she stretched her entire body to unplug his seatbelt. He moved his body this time and Tess looked at him. Their faces were inches away from each other. David was clearly flustered.

"Hu..kn..," he let a nervous hiccup as Tess raised her eyebrow at him. He continued to release his hiccups when she smiled and moved away from him.

"You're cute," she mumbled as she picked her jacket and walked out of the car.

"Did you find anything?" Tess asked when she walked in. Diana, Caleb and Mitch walked up to her immediately.
"Her mother didn't kill her." Caleb splurted.
"I never saw she did. She was just a suspect but how sure are you?" Tess asked.

"When you left to go see Will," Diana began,"I started checking the CCTV footage from her house to the supermarket she claimed she went. She had already bought everything she wanted."

"But when she wanted to pay," Mitch chipped in,"She started fumbling with her bag. We think she forgot her wallet at home because she didn't bring any of those things out of the supermarket."

"So, she has a strong alibi," Tess brushed a hand through her hair. "Did you consider the fact that she may have killed her before she left the house?"

"I thought about that too but when she was leaving the house, her daughter came out with her and went back in when her mother left."

"Great job, you've lessened our workload."

"We found something else too," Eva pointed to the screen and Diana brought up a screen. "Here's Will's hospital report. He's suffering from a syndrome called multiple personality disorder."

"Multiple personality disorder.." Tess muttered to herself as she closed her eyes to think. "Oh shit!"

She grabbed her car keys with full speed.
"Everyone! With me! Diana, you stay here with updates, got it?"

"You got it, boss!"

She rode in her car with Eva while the boys took a van. In a few minutes, they were at HolyMan.

"Mitch, you stay here with Eva. Caleb, you got the control room. David, with me! " She said as they ran towards the office they had came to earlier.

Tess burst in and he was gone.

"Fuck!" She yelled.

"They're not allowing me into the control room!" Caleb's voice came in through the reciever.

"You're a cop and we need you now!" She stomped on the floor and that made David jump.

"They said they need orders from the CEO. I tried talking to him but he's brushing me off. "

"Oh, fuck the CEO! I'll talk to him myself. " She stormed out of the room.

She brushed her hand through her hair violently as she waited for the elevator.

As soon as it opened, she ran in and pressed the button,"Pardon me! NYPD!" She raised her ID.

When she reached her floor, she burst out,"Thanks for being patient!"

She ran to the CEO's office and burst in.

Dressed in a light blue Booralro suit, a man sat there with jet black hair, brown eyes, the perfect jawline and a masculine body.

And standing beside him was Luke.

"I'm not about to deal with this shithead now," she muttered to herself.

"Who are you and why did you burst through my door without a proper introduction?" He said calmly.

"Theresa," Luke said.

"NYPD! I need you to give orders to your guys in the tech room. We could've just hacked into your system but that would be illegal."

"Well, I refuse to give them orders. This is my company, I'm free to do what I want."
He smirked.

"Then you'll be charged with abetting murder and hiding a suspect," She walked up to him and pulled his tie backwards, choking him.

"Ma..ake..make the ca..aal now!" He managed to say to Luke who tapped furiously on his phone.

"Let the cops do their job," he gave orders.

Tess released the CEO and tapped on her receiver. "Caleb, is he still here?"

"Yes, I have eyes on him. He's on lobby twelve, currently heading to the elevator."

"I want all the exits locked. No one goes in or out!" She ran out of the office.