Freaky

She was disgusted by the sight she saw. Eva couldn't handle it. She was full on crying mode. The body was badly mutilated. She was a blonde high school student, well not anymore. Her left eye was gone. Her left breast was also missing. Her blood was still there.
        That area was a blind spot. There were no cameras there. A lot of robberies had occured there.

The psycho really picked out a nice spot.

    "What have we got?" Tess asked her team.
"Nothing, absolutely nothing." Caleb replied.

"Here's the report from forensics," Mitch gave Tess and Caleb a file each.

   "She was raped." Caleb said as Eva released more tears.

"So, after raping her, he plucked out her eye, cut off her breast and hit her head with a strong impact." Tess read as David ran to the toilet and was heard puking.

"That kind of impact can only be made from an hammer or at least a metal object." Diana said, pushing up her glasses with her finger.
"Exactly. She wasn't killed there, she was dumped there."

  "So after killing her, he dropped her there?" Mitch stroked his chin.

"Dude, I just said that."

    "So, what should we start with?" Caleb asked.

"Diana and Mitch, CCTV'S leading to that area should be checked. Run facial rec for anyone carrying a big bag. David and Caleb, look over the pictures again and see if we missed anything. Eva, you're coming with me."

   "Can't I just work on the CCTVs?" David asked.

    He was clearly trying to avoid seeing the crime scene and the body.

"No," Tess replied as she wore her jacket. "If you don't like it, turn in your resignation letter by tommorow."

    She drove to the crime scene. With Eva behind her, "If you wanna be good at your job, you gotta learn how to control your emotions." She began looking around with Eva following closely.

  "I'm sorry," she said. "It was just so brutal for me to handle."

"You're gonna see more of this if you stay in this line of work. If you're not cutout for this, I'll advise you resign. Although you could be really useful if you stayed on the force."

       "I'm not gonna resign," she said firmly.
"We'll see about that," Tess chuckled as they walked back to the car.

        "Who's looking for me?" Tess asked again.
"He didn't say who he was," Caleb said. "They said he's waiting for you."

"Okay, I'm on my way." She disconnected the call. "I have to make a quick stop at the station, wanna come?"

   "Yeah,sure."

       She parked her car and came down while Eva stayed in.
"You were looking for me?" Tess asked disdainfully.

      Jason was dressed in a sport outfit with Luke beside him, in a sport wear also.
   "I felt bad about what I said on our date night," He said as Luke lifted his eyes and looked at Tess. "I'm sorry."

   "You came all the way here to say that?"

"Yeah, I realized I didn't even have your number." He brought out his phone.

"Mr Gerard, I told you. I don't have any interest in dating or marriage." She brushed a hand through her hair.

"I know. Friends?" He extended his arm as Tess raised her eyebrow. "I'll come here everyday if you don't agree to this."

"Fine," she collected his phone and typed in  her number. She returned his phone to him while he pulled her hand in and hugged her.

   "What's so hard about shaking my hand?" He whispered in her ear.

     Tess was completely startled as she pushed him away and threw him on the ground.

  "Ow..." He cried out. "My poor spine."
Luke was struggling to help him up while Tess walked back to her car and drove off.

     "So, you guys are a thing?" Eva smirked.
"You wanna get fired?" She replied maintaining a stern expression without taking her eyes off of the road.

"Sorry."

     "What did you guys get?" Tess asked as she walked into the office.
"We caught someone on camera carrying a golf bag." Mitch said.
"But there's something off about this." Diana said.

"What?"

  "It was an old lady. She wasn't even struggling to carry the bag. I mean, if it was a golf bag, why isn't it heavy for her?"

"Unless she was carrying a human being," Tess sat down and raised her head.

"But an old woman can't carry a girl that easily." Mitch said.

"There's something we're missing out on."

    "I found tracks beside the spot she was laid in," Tess said and stretched her hand to collect pictures from Caleb.

"I saw that too," Caleb said.

    "It looks like prints of rubber boots," Tess returned the pictures.

"The old lady is wearing rubber boots,"Diana said almost immediately.

"We have our suspect," Caleb announced.
"I don't have her ID," Diana said.

"What?" Tess asked.
"She's not in our system."

"Okay, for now, check the girl's movements in the past week. I'm sure she was followed before she was murdered." Tess gave orders.

         Everyone started pitching ideas to help catch the criminal faster. They shared the past week footages among each other to lessen the workload. No one was allowed to go home until the case was solved.

     They couldn't even go out for meals. Lex ordered meals in for them. Not even proper meals, sometimes sandwiches. Tess still had the habit of not eating. She was used to eating a chocolate bar for a whole day.

      Well, even in a tedious week, Jason never failed to call Tess in a day. They would talk for approximately an hour before he let her off. The captain visited them once and told them about the urgency of the murder. Apparently, the girl was an upper class daughter.

      The department might even assign another team to join the team. Tess hated sharing her workload with another team. She sees it as her being incompetent. Well, all this was happening until another tragedy struck.

Another murder happened exactly a week later.
High school girl, blonde. Her left eye was gone, so was her left breast. She was raped and hit in the head with a strong impact.

     It could only mean one thing.
They've got a serial killer on their plate.