Love me like you want

"Tessa?" Ryder called out.
    Tess was staring at the screen of the phone placed in front of her.
   "I told you," Luke said and turned the phone to himself. "She's not talking."

    "I don't blame her," Stella joined in the conversation. "It's a miracle she was saved, she must be in shock."

   "That's the most likely cause," Luke said. "Her mom is freaking out. I sent her home to get some sleep."

        It's been two weeks since she developed aphasia. Well, at least she eats two meals a day. The case she was currently working on had been transferred to Max's team. Her team was lounging around town like it was a vacation and Tess was still on her sick bed.

    "I'm back Tess!" Jason entered with a smile. "Hey," he greeted Luke.

  "Good, you're here. I have to make a quick stop at the office," he walked towards the door.
"Later," he waved after him.

    He sat beside her and raised her bed to a sitting position.
"You seemed to like the boots I bought you last time," he picked up a box and placed it on his thighs. "So,I bought you Dr Martens and some clothes," he held up two white ankle boots. 

    She reached for the boots and he gave her one and held onto the other. She looked at it for a while before giving it back to him.
"You like it?"

   She nodded.

"I knew you would," he placed it back in the box and she stood up to go to the bathroom.

     She had been in a bathroom for over five minutes and Jason was getting worried.
"Tess? Just knock if you're okay in there. Knock twice," he urged her but he didn't hear anything.

    He walked in slowly and peeped. She was standing in front of the mirror, trying to speak. It sounded as if the sounds were coming from her stomach. He smiled.

"Tess!" She spoke up and he looked at her eagerly. "My! My name is Tess!!" She yelled loudly.
     Jason stood there in shock.

"I will not be silenced," she smiled at herself. "Let's get this show on the road."

    She turned around to leave and saw Jason. He was standing with his mouth open.

"I like the boots," she held out her hands and he crashed into her arms, sobbing. "Don't soak my clothes with tears," she chuckled and patted his back.

   "You scared everyone to death," he sniffled as he let her go.
"I'm sorry and thanks for saving my life," she hugged him tightly.

    Pink crept up his cheeks and he blushed.

"I have to change," she released him. "Can you take care my discharge papers?"

  "Of course," he grabbed some tissues and walked out. She went into her room and searched for suitable clothes among the ones Jason had bought. She picked a white turtle neck sweater vest, black ripped jeans and wore her white Dr Martens. She packed up all her stuff and was about to leave when Jason walked in with a doctor.

   "Ms Harvey?" He called out.
"I can talk," she smiled.
     It was the same doctor who had treated her when she was hospitalized for malnutrition.
    "That is great news. I heard you want to leave?"

  She nodded.
"Then, please remember to collect your medications from the pharmacy."

   "I will."

     "So, where are we heading to?" Jason asked as he drove.
"Theresa's Diner."

"You wanna see your mum first?" He asked.

"Yeah."

   She picked up her phone and texted Caleb.
°my house in thirty minutes°

     They arrived at Theresa's Diner in less than ten minutes. Jason chose to stay in the car. Tess walked in and went straight to her mother's office.

      She was asleep on her chair. She moved closer to her mother's table and caressed her face. She woke up immediately.

  "Tess? Why are you here?" She stood up.
"I got better." She said and her mother let out a gasp.

"You can talk!" She hugged her fiercely.

"Yes, mum. I missed talking so much."

    "Let's go home, I wanna feed you," she started grabbing her things.
"No, no, I'll head home first. You can come when you're done."

  "Are you sure?" Barb asked.
"Hundred percent."

  "Where to now?" Jason asked when she entered the car.
"My house."

      By the time they got there, the team was already sitting on her porch. They all ran towards the car before it stopped. She got out of the car and faced them.

"I'm back."
"Woah!!!"

   They shouted, yelled, jumped and then squeezed her in a bone crushing hug.

"I...c.. can't breathe."

   "Sorry," they all muttered,released her and started clearing their throats.
"So, let's go in."

     They walked to the cottage behind the house and Tess grabbed her chocolate box.
"Aren't you leaving?" She asked Jason.
"Nope, I'm staying right here." He fell on the couch.
"Well, erase whatever you're gonna hear," she hit him on the thighs.

    "So, what happened?" She asked, popping a chocolate bar in her mouth.

  "Well," Caleb started. "After we rescued you, we all got suspended."
"Why?" Jason asked and Tess shot him a glare.

   "The captain said we didn't inform him before coming to save you," David replied.

"What?" Tess and Jason chorused.

  "He suspended you guys because you saved me without informing him? Does that sound sensible?"

   "That's what he said. We're suspended until further notice." Eva sighed.

"What about our case? Y'know, the one where I almost died while investigating?"

  "Transferred." Mitch said.
"To whom?"

"Max's team," Diana said with hatred.

  "He always takes our leftovers," Eva added.

   "I know I was dumb for two weeks but I didn't see that man visit me once."

  "He said he was busy," Caleb told her.

"You know what? Fuck them! We're investigating this case ourselves." Tess informed them.

  "Really?" Diana asked adjusting her eyebrows.
"I'm taking this all the way," Mitch stood up and clenched his fists.

   "James kidnapped me." Tess told them.

"What?!" They all shouted.

     Jason sat up and listened.
"I went to visit the girls at the hospital and he took me from the parking lot. My car is probably still there. He was determined to kill me."

   "That son of a bitch!" Jason shouted.

"I'm sorry, why are you angry? I'm the one who almost died."
"It's that guy from the exhibition, right?"

"Yeah," she answered.

"I know him."