Who's the bitch

"So, she still has a grudge?" Scott asked as he drove us home.
"Told ya."
"She's just like you."
"No way. I'm better."
"So it was just the usual questions?"

"Yeah but, it seems like she stalked me for the past year. She knew everything that has been happening to me since I stopped attending her sessions.".
"I kept her updated."
"I know. Who else would do that for me if not you?"

"Since we still have a few hours to kill before midnight, how about we visit her?"
"Sounds like a bad idea."

"Why?" He raised his right eyebrow at me.
"I don't think I'm prepared to meet her yet."
"Oh, come on."

     I sighed deeply as he took a turn towards the hospital. I've waited two years for her to get better. I wanted her to be able to recognize me first.

Whenever I visited her, she looked at me like I was a foreign object. Even the doctors and some long term patients knew me very well. I was familiar with the surroundings of the hospital until I stopped going there.

         Visiting her every time seemed like a burden to her. I wanted to give her some time to recover.

"Hey! Gandhi!" Scott snapped his finger in front of my eyes. "How much more thinking do you plan to do?"

"Sorry. We're here already?"

"You would know if you weren't in India. What were you even thinking about?"
"Nothing, let's go."

   We walked to the entrance after he locked his car.
     I know I'm not supposed to say this but wow! It's not appropriate to say a hospital is beautiful but spare me the Psalms!

        This place is freaking dope. It's perfect but reeks of that signature hospital stink. Drugs, blood, injections, psychiatrist patients, this place has all skunk.

"You ready, Gandhi?" Scott asked as we stood in front of her room. I had no idea we has even arrived here.
"Was I thinking again?"

"No, you were meditating." He joked as he knocked on the door and slid it open.

        There she sat on her bed in her patient's hospital gown. She didn't even look different. Her hair was still long and her cheekbones, high.

  She was as beautiful as always. She looked up at us with her hazel eyes and asked, "Who are you people?"

    That rich voice made me weak in the knees. It had been so long.
    "Did she lose her memory too?" Scott whispered in my ears.
"I don't know," I said out loud.
"What did you say?" She asked as she stood up from her bed.

"I wasn't talking to you." I murmured.
Then, she faced Scott.
"Who's the bitch? She can't even talk out loud?"

Okay.
She's fiesty and I like it.
"Excuse me?"  I raised my left eyebrow at her.

"Excuse you? Who the hell are you to talk to me like that in my own room?"
"Your room?Do you even know who's paying for your room?"

"Do I look like I give a damn? You look like someone with a vitamin D deficiency! Go find somewhere to sit your ugly ass on!" She yelled.

      Everywhere was silent as soon as she stopped talking. Scott stood there, mouth open. Even I was surprised. This woman is so gutsy. I mean I'm paying for this fucking room.

   "We'll visit you some other time," Scott pulled me gently as he bowed slightly and we exited the room. "Is she what you remember her to be?"

"No."
"Me neither."
"Let's talk to mum before we leave."

     We walked into Tanya's well furnished
office. She had a pair of small sofas at the centre of the room with a small table. Her desk and chair were at the end of the room. Bookshelves were filled with documents stacked on each other.

"You came?" She asked as she saw us.
"Why is she like that? I thought you said she improved." I asked as I took a seat.
"She's having mood swings and personality problems."

"Personality problems?"
"It's like she's yet to discover herself. Sometimes she's like a bubbly cheerleader, a baby sometimes and sometimes she's like an eighty year old.
"She's gonna recover."

"Yeah, soon. If you wanna be be comfortable with her, come around often. There's a boy she is really close to. He volunteers here. He's about your age, I think he goes to your school. He keeps her company, jokes with her, argues with her and feeds her. You should imitate him, maybe she'll recover faster."

"Alright," I sighed. "I get it. No more screaming at midnight, right?"
"She doesn't do that anymore."
"Great, we'll see you later. Let's go."

"Goodnight," I said to Scott. He had to go home to his little brother.
     I opened the door to my house and fell down flat on the couch.
   She still can't recognize me. This is the kind of pain you feel when you want someone to recognize you, but they can't. I felt alone and insecure. I felt naked.

     My doorbell rang.

  I wasn't expecting anyone tonight. I walked to the door and opened it. Luke stood there with two cans of beer and a box of pizza smiling goofily.

  "Come in," I waved him in and he entered. I took my former position on the couch as Luke set the pizza on the table and threw a can at me.

   "Life sucks, right?" He said after we had eaten almost half of the eightpieced snack.
"Yeah," I took another refreshing gulp. "One minute everything's fine and the other, it all goes wrong again."

"Maybe that's how it's supposed to be."
"I'm sorry about today. I lost control."
"I figured," he smiled. "I shouldn't have interfered. Alessia deserves what happened to her. So, therapy?"

"Yeah,"I emptied the remaining contents of the can into my mouth and threw it on the table.

"I attended it once, it's not that bad." He smiled.
"Yeah, it's not that bad.....cause you attended it once."
"You've been there before?"
"Almost two years. I attended it for almost two years."
"Whoa, that is fucked up."

"Now because of some fucking bitchasa, I have to start all over again."
"Bitchasa?" He looked puzzled.
"Yeah, Mufasa and bitch."
"Mufasa? You watched The Lion King?"
"Who didn't?"

      That movie is one of the best.
"We must protect the pride lands to continue the circle of life, Rafiki," He puffed out his chest as I held in a chuckle. Then, the bell rang.

***
There it is.
Another chapter.
Please if you're reading this story, try to comment. If people aren't reading it, I wouldn't like to keep writing for ghost readers.
Thanks 😉