Reunion

Luke and Johnson sat across each other and Tess took her seat beside Johnson. They were looking at each other closely. Johnson looked like he was about to murder Luke while Luke looked on calmly.

   "You said you wanted to see me," Tess faced Johnson.
"And yet you brought him?" Johnson scoffed.
"He's a jerk, I know. Why did you wanna see me?"

        Johnson closed his eyes for a second and opened them again.
"Here she is," he waved at a lady who came to join them at their table.
"Hey Tess," Alessia greeted before looking at her side. "Luke?"
"Hey," he smiled.
"You were in NY? How come we never met?"

   He smiled in response.

"What is this? A high school reunion?" Tess asked as she called a waiter. After placing their orders, there was complete silence.
"Why are you wearing sunglasses at night?" Johnson asked Alessia.

"It's the trend," she replied nervously.
"It's not the trend," Tess sipped her water.

      She pulled Alessia up with her and walked to the restroom. After making sure no one was in there, she faced her.
"You're being abused?"

"What do you mean? No, I'm not being abused. It really is the trend." She was tapping furiously on the sink.

     Tess removed her glasses immediately and Alessia covered her eyes quickly.
"It's okay, lemme see," Tess said calmly.

     She slowly removed her hands from her face. Tess gasped.
"What happened to you?"

"He said it was a mistake. It's not gonna happen again. He even signed an undertaking." She said as her voice quivered.

"Why wouldn't you sue him?"

"We love each other. Things like this might happen between couples all the.."

"You call this love?" Tess scoffed. "If he ends up killing you, I won't attend your funeral."

She made to go when Alessia pulled her.
"Don't tell anyone," she asked pleadingly.

"Make sure you take care of your stomach. I'm pretty sure you going to the hospital was not because you had an ache. That bastard hit you so much but stupid you, refused to see that." She pulled out a lot of tissues and gave her. "Take care of it if you wanna wear a bikini," she walked out.

   "What took you so long?" Johnson asked as Tess took her seat. "It was boring, sitting here with this dick."

"We're girls, we were catching up." She picked up her fork.
"We were too," Luke took a gulp of his water.

"I was not catching up with you. Dude, I was basically cursing you the whole time and you heard me." Johnson scoffed.

"I call that catching up," Alessia said as she took her seat. Her sunglasses was still on.

"So, how's life been?" Luke turned to Alessia.

"Fair. I just opened a salon." She smiled.
"Really?" Johnson said.
"Yeah, I have two people working for me. We deal with hair making and make up for ladies." She started eating.

"That's gender inequality." Johnson said and placed his fork down.
"Yeah, what about us?" Luke grabbed a napkin too.
"I wasn't trained to help guys," She smiled.

"How's your dad?" Tess asked suddenly.
"He died."

      There was silence. Nobody moved. All eyes fixed on Alessia.

"When?"

"Nine years ago. After he got fired by your dad."

"You knew he was my dad?" Tess said slowly, not even surprised.
"Yeah, I once asked my dad to show me a picture of the rich heiress," she chuckled. "And it was my schoolmate whom I hated for no reason."

"I'm glad to know you hated me for no reason."

"I changed when you carried Ivy on your back to the hospital. Even though she was a bitch to you," Alessia's voice started breaking.

"Yeah, she was a bitch."

        After another hour, everyone was outside. Luke drove Alessia home and left Johnson with Tess.

"Going home?" He asked her.

"No, I'm heading back to work," she entered her car. He waved to her while she honked and drove away.

  "There you are," Caleb said as he popped out.
"Jesus!" She held her chest. "Why do you look so tired?"

"We've been trying to see if Iron Man has people he talks to but he's a loner. His records are a mess." Diana also stretched, looking so disorganized.

    "Let me see him," she took off her jacket and walked into the questioning room.

"Hey," he smiled. "I haven't seen you in a long time."

"You know, for a kidnapper, you're too chatty." She took a seat.
"You know, you look pretty but if your hair was jet black, you would be more prettier." He fumbled with his cuffs.

"Where's the killer?"

  He stopped what he was doing and slowly looked up at Tess. She was looking at him confidently.

"What?"
"You didn't kill them. Someone else did, you were just the sacrificial lamb." She leaned back in her chair.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" He screamed and banged his cuffed hands on the table.

"The girl said she heard you talking to your boss, isn't that right?" She stood up and went out to Caleb.
"Here it is," he gave her some papers and she walked in.

"The girls were killed in your basement,weren't they?" She placed the papers on the table.
"I want a lawyer!" He screamed again and she started walking around him.

"You just sat there after he was done, you had to dispose them off,"she chuckled. "Don't you think that's unfair?"

   He looked up to her with questioning eyes.
"I mean, shouldn't you take part in the killing? Why must you always dispose them? He shouldn't have all the fun! I bet he didn't let you sleep with them, did he?"

"No," he muttered subconsciously.

"He didn't let you have some fun?"

"He didn't!" He clenched his fists.
"If I was the one, I'd be so angry. I mean, I lure the girls, why shouldn't I be able to sleep with them?"

"That jerk!"

"We found blood samples in your basement and they belonged to the dead girls." Her voice became stern again. "Who did it?"

"That's for you to find out."