Brainburn

I was about to come out of the water when Luke pushed me back in. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"We're not done yet." He chuckled. I watched as he slipped his shirt off his body.

Great abs, I thought. This must be why he's so full of himself. He stood there in the sun, shining in his tanned glory.

"Checking me out?"
He swirled around like a girl.
"You wish." I settled back in the pool.

He jumped in with a splash that startled me. People cheered, most especially girls.

I watched as he swam around in the pool, greeting people, fist bumping some and high fiving the others.

The guy was really popular. He's not a bad guy after all. He's just a teenager who likes to date multiple girls at the same time.

"Stop staring, you'll give him sunburn with your eyes ." That high-pitched voice chirped behind me.

I turned around and rested my hands on the poolside.
"What do you want this time?"

She sat on the lounger where my stuff was.

"I just came to remind you that Luke's mine,no matter what how hard you try to steal him."

"Are you done?" I heard his voice behind me. Great,at least he can deal with his girlfriend.

"Luke," she chirped loudly.
"Alessia, let this be the last time that you will say that to Theresa. I'm warning you."

"She's not even that beautiful!" She stomped off and for the first time, I took in her dressing.

She had a pink bikini on, with purple stones. Five on ten,I graded her.

"Swim with me?" He asked and I felt a headache coming.
"No,I wanna go home."

I said and pulled myself out of the water. My hair was dripping.
"What?" He exclaimed. "But we just got here an hour ago!" He whined.

"I didn't say you should come with me. I was just informing you that I was leaving." I packed the last item into Ivy's bag and slipped on my shorts and shirt.

"Why are you even leaving?" He also got out of the water.
"I'm tired." I replied flatly, scanning the pool to find Ivy.

I was about to yell her name when I spotted a big brown spider beneath me.

My breath quickened and I screamed as loud as I could.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, frantically looking at me. He was totally confused.

I couldn't blame him. I was acting like someone who had mood swings.

It felt like my heart jumped into my throat,I'm suddenly short of breath.

I kept screaming until my throat hurts. Ivy finally took notice of me and came rushing.

My head was spinning and my vision was blurry. I fell to the ground and Luke was hovering over me until I closed my eyes.

"Are you sure she's gonna be okay?"
"Yeah, she'll be okay when she wakes up."

I opened my eyes and found Luke standing and Ivy sitting, on the edge of the bed.

I sat up, holding my head in my hand.
"Tess!" Ivy came rushing to me.

She crashed into me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I can't breathe," I whispered weakly.
"Shut up," she silenced me.
"So, what happened?" Luke asked when I was released from Ivy.
Ivy and I exchanged a knowing look.