Workout

She tossed and turned around in bed until she was finally awake. She opened her eyes and stretched. She looked to her left and Jason was no longer there. She stood up and saw a note pasted on her mirror.

   •good morning. Thanks for helping me last night. Does this mean I'm forgiven?•

   She squeezed the note and threw it in the bin. While she was brushing her teeth, a text came in from Diana.

   *James is currently at Doc's Gym*

    She freshened up quickly and wore her sport bra, her joggers and a pair of black Nike.

     She grabbed a hoodie and ran downstairs.
"Should I bring your breakfast to the gym?" Barb asked her daughter.
"No, thank you! I'm going somewhere else today." She ran out to her car. She pulled out of the driveway and headed to Doc's.

  "Good morning. Is this your first time here?" A guy asked at the reception.

"Yeah."
"Here are our membership offers," he extended a file to her.
"I'll just pay for a week," she offered her card.
"Oh, okay, " he collected it and charged her.

      She walked in. It was not that full yet. She was still able to see some equipments empty. She saw James standing by a treadmill.

    She put on her ignorant face and walked to the third treadmill from his. She turned it on and started off slowly. He still was not interested. He was tapping away on his phone. He placed it against his ear.

    "I'm sorry," he pleaded over the phone. "I'm sorry I took off without telling you, I'll be back this week. You can get Lucas to do the jobs," he said, waited a second and placed the phone in his pocket.

     Tess was full on speed. She brought out her airpods buried it deep inside her ear. She was running really fast. This was advisable to someone who has some weight but she was already so lean.
      James glanced at her for a second before looking at her again.
  "Diana?" He called out unsure. She didn't even answer. He looked at the airpods and turned on his treadmill. He was going slow until he met her pace.

       Just when they were balanced, she turned it off and went to lift weights. That didn't end well because she was groaning and trying to keep a smug face at the same time. She was having difficulty trying to place the metal in its original position.

      "Stop trying so hard," James said and collected the metal from her, placing it in its original place.

   Her airpods were still in so she didn't hear anything.
"Thank you," she tried to greet the person who just helped her when she looked up.
"You?" She raised an eyebrow. "From the exhibition?" She rolled her eyes and looked like she was trying to remember his name.
"James." He called out.
"I'm sorry, what?" She removed her airpods.
"James," he repeated.
"Right, James." She smiled.

   "It's my first time seeing you here," he said as they walked around. "How long have you been here?"

"I just enrolled today. Thought I'd try this gym out."

"So, the guy from yesterday," he started and Tess looked at him. "He's very rich?"

"Why do you ask?"

"The necklace you were wearing, that's from the set of most prized possession of the exhibition. I heard someone bought it before the exhibition started." He explained.

"How much is it?"
"Just seven million dollars," he shrugged.
"What!" She yelled and people looked at her. "Seven million dollars?" She lowered her voice.
"He must really like you," he smiled.
"Thank heavens I returned it."

        Tess and James departed after an hour of another workout session. She went to the diner and sat down to drink her coffee. She hasn't seen Tony in a long time. She didn't even have her number. Nobody there knew she was their boss's daughter.

    She drove back to her office.
"Good morning!" She greeted loudly.
Nobody responded.

   They were all worn out, sleeping. They must have worked through the night.

"People!" She yelled.
"I'm up!" Diana sat up straight and hit her head. "Ow!"

     They started yawning, stretching and groaning.
"Come on," she handed them a coffee each."We don't have a suspect yet."

"We've checked everything, nothing suspicious," Caleb took a huge gulp of his coffee.
"Here," Mitch handed a remote to Tess. "If you wanna recheck his socials."

    She scrunched up her nose at his morning breath.

  "Here,let me," Diana collected it from her.

   She started scrolling through the pictures on Jason's phone.
    "Wait!" Tess suddenly shouted.
Everyone turned to look at her weirdly.

"Go to that last picture, the one that looks like a team picture," she stood up immediately and ran to the projector.
Diana scrolled back up a few times.

"Stop!"

    She stood there, not believing her eyes. Tess was sweating really hard.
"Are you okay?" David stood up, concerned.

"What date was that taken?" She asked Diana.

"Wait a second," She quickly typed. "April 28."

"April 28?" She muttered.
   She suddenly felt dizzy and lost her footing. David grabbed her quickly before she touched the ground. She was hyperventilating really hard.
"Water!" David shouted.

     Eva ran to the fridge and fetched a bottle of water. They forced some down her throat and started fanning her. She threw up the water back in their faces.

   "I'm okay," she stood up quickly.
She picked up her keys and ran out.

"I'll follow her!" Caleb ran after her.

     She drove wildly to HolyMan. Taking the stairs, not even the elevator, she entered Jason's office.

   "Tess, what a surprise!" Jason stood up and smiled. She was breathing so fast. "Are you okay?"

    Luke looked at her worriedly. She stood there looking directly at Luke.

   "Theresa? Are you okay?" He asked. She ran to him and he caught her immediately.

"I have to ask you something," she breathed out.
"What is it?"

"Did you see..." She gasped for air, and then fainted.
"Theresa!" Luke shook her, hard.

  "Jason!" Hailey walked in, burning hot. "I need you to explain..."

   She was pushed away by Luke who carried Tess in his hands and ran out, Jason hot on his heels.

"I'm not finished!" She yelled after them.