Pin

Tess was scooping down the soup her mother made before she left that morning. Everyone else was sprawled out on the living room floor. The couples were all cuddling except for Luke and Jack.

Jason let out a yawn as he walked down the stairs.
"Good morning," Tess greeted and waved her hand.

He scoffed. "I'm surprised to see you like this," he pecked her. "No hangover?"
"Nah, just a little headache," she smiled.

"Your recovery ability is great."

Jack stood up hurriedly and ran outside.
"You better not puke in my compound!" She yelled after him.
"He's gonna be in a very bad shape," Jason chuckled. "What are you eating?"

"Chicken soup."

"I want some," he bent down and she fed him.

"It's too early for all this," Luke walked into the kitchen, straight to the fridge.
"Good morning," Jason greeted and he nodded as he drank his water.

"I can't believe you're sitting there like that after all those drinks you had yesterday," Johnson and Alessia came into the kitchen.

"Les!" Tess exclaimed. "You look like shit."

"I know," she whined. "I feel like shit. I have a throbbing headache."
"Let's get you home," Johnson said and pulled her. "We'll be leaving first guys."

"Bye!"

Two phones vibrated at once.
Jason and Luke checked their phones and looked at each other.
"They've got to be fucking with me!" Jason said with fury in his eyes and he stormed out with Luke hot on his heels.

"What happened?!" She yelled but wasn't answered.

"Hey," Caleb walked in, shirtless.
"I don't know what's going on but can you please put on a shirt?" Tess said.
"Why?" He smirked. "Are you tempted?"

"Excuse me," she snorted. "Have you seen my boyfriend?"
"Whatever."

She dumped her dish into the sink and went upstairs. She changed into her jogging pants and a pair of Nike shoes, tied her hair into a ponytail and went downstairs.

"You're exercising after eating?" Diana questioned.
"Good morning to you too," she walked out.

She went into her gym and started running on the treadmill. She was watching the news at the same time. They were talking about HolyMan.

"Even though his latest launch, Fatherd was a hit, people can't help but wonder if Mr. Gerard is healthy," the host said.

"I agree with you," the co-host said. "He keeps fainting on television."

"What angers the management more is the fact that Mr. Gerard hasn't said anything about his condition."
"Yeah, but instead, he keeps updating his Instagram. He's always on dates with his mystery woman."

"Yes, she sold out the outfit she wore recently. Is she a model?"
"Nobody knows anything about her."

"It seems like there will be a meeting to discuss Mr. Gerard's removal from office."

"Removal from office?" Tess muttered.

She sighed as she did more exercises. She walked out of the gym and saw Max approaching her house.
"Hey!" She called. "What do you want?"
"Let's talk," he called her over.

By the time she walked in, everyone was at the table except for Jack who was coming down the stairs after a bath. As soon as he saw Tess,he turned around.

"You don't need to hide, it was fun drinking with you!" She taunted.
"How do you not have a hangover?" He questioned as he turned around.
"What can I say? I'm good."

"I fucking hate you," he gave her the middle finger.
"The feeling's mutual, sweetheart."

"You need to go grocery shopping," David complained as he ate his pancakes.
"This was all we could cook with the ingredients at home," Mitch said.
"Yeah, that's all we have, sorry." She said, picked up a pancake from someone's plate and squeezed it in her mouth.

"If y'all are done, can we plan our move?"

They sat on the floor in the living room as Tess started talking.

"Since we can't seem to get a warrant, we'll have to move in illegally. No matter what happens, getting the cure for Jason is our first priority."

"He's going to Spain tommorow," Diana said.
"Who?"
"Mr. Harvey. He'll be there for two days."

"That means we have tonight as our only chance," she muttered. "Let's go."

"Again!" Tess yelled as she blocked her ears. They were out in the fields practising their shooting skills without Jack.
"Again? We've been out here for hours," Mitch groaned.

Tess arranged empty cans for them and they all passed and went home.

"We'll do it tonight," she finalised and they nodded.
"Wait," Caleb stopped her. "What about ammunition?"

"I thought about that and we can't get it. It's an unofficial mission, we can't hurt people that much. I have some friends who will send me some pellets and darts. They should be arriving anytime soon."

"You have friends at the HQ?" Jack asked, unable to believe his ears.
"What? You think I'd let my good looks good to waste?"

The bell was rung.
"There it is," she stood up and went to the door.

After exchanging pleasantries with the person at the door, she brought in a box.
She ripped the tape off and brought out the pellets.

"Rubber," she sighed with satisfaction.
"What do they do?" David's eyes lit up.
"Oh dear," she smirked. "They cause immense pain but do not harm you that much. Whatever you do, don't aim for the head or eyes."

"What's happens when you do that?" Eva asked with curiosity.
"Aim for the eye and he'll be blind forever. Aim for the head and he's likely to damage his brain."

She distributed it among everyone and moved on to the darts.
"I'm sure you know how these work."

"These," she held up a small can, "were made by me. I mean I own the idea." She opened the can and showed them what was inside.
"Are those mints?" Jack asked.
"No. Stick this onto a person's neck and he'll pass out immediately."

"Cool," Caleb said in awe.
"But if you stick the wrong side," she raised an eyebrow.
"You'll pass out," David completed for her.
"Exactly."

She shared them too among them.

"Now, the formation." She sat down. "Jack and Diana, you guys will stay in the car as backup. Caleb and Mitch, you'll be on the lookout outside. Eva, David and I will go through the passageway."

"Why do I get to be backup?" Jack whined.
"Because you lost the drinking game?" Caleb answered rhetorically.

"Now, say goodbye to your loved ones and let's go," she said.
"I don't have a loved one," Diana said non-chalantly.
"Me neither," David said.
"None of us does," Caleb said.

"I know and that's why I'm trusting you guys."