Harvey's Life

The doctor pointed a little light into her eyes as she blinked.
"I'm really happy for you," he said to Jason who was full of smiles. Grandma, Barb, Alessia, Johnson and Lucas were all there.
"Can you walk?" He asked her.

She tried to stand up as Jason helped her up. Her legs were a bit wobbly but she could stand.
"You'll need therapy," he advised. "I'll sign you up for our therapy class. It's just one week. It'll realign your muscles."

After the doctor left, everyone expressed their happiness. How glad they were that she woke up. They filled her in on what she had missed. She was most especially glad to see Lucas. After hanging out for a while, they all left, leaving Tess and Jason alone.

"You know, you really scared me," Jason said as he stroked her hair. They were lying beside each other on the hospital bed. "Why didn't you wear a vest?"

"Because I never thought he would shoot me," she said weakly.
"He's a psycho, I'm glad he's locked up."

Tess sighed as she snuggled closer into him.
"The entertainment section has been confused for a month now."

"Why?"
"Because my mystery woman disappeared. They didn't see your pictures on my Instagram since I never posted anything."

"Did you miss me that much?"
"Of course, I kept telling you to wake up soon but you totally ignored me."
"I'm sorry," she hugged him tighter.

He had a mischievous smile on his face as he said,"since you're sorry, what will you do for me?"

"What do you want?"
"Let's make it official."

"What?"
"Our relationship. I mean, you're not a cop anymore so it's okay, right?"

"Is that what you really want?"
"Yes."
"Then, let's do it."

"Yes!" He squealed. "I'll tell Luke to release a press statement."
"Luke? Didn't you say he left?"
"Right," his face was down. "I forgot."

"Did you hear from Tony at all?"

"That high schooler? He's not in New York right now. Vanessa said he travelled."

"That explains why he's not here."

     They laid in silence for a while when Jason started talking again.
"Listen to me, okay? I'm in love with you. I love you every second of the day. And I've never loved anyone as I love you. I cried over you not because I'm in pain but because I feel so blessed and I just can't hide my emotions. I can only use so many words in the dictionary to show how much I love you. I love you so much that thinking about you places a smile on my face, it makes my heart skip a beat.
    Before I met you, I didn't think love was for me. It was something other people had and felt. Something in TV shows and movies. Now that I'm with you, love is so much more tangible. I want you every second of every day from now until the end of forever. I now know true love exists because I found it with you. I love you."

     She didn't say anything. She was silent. He felt stupid.
"Tess?"

     She was snoring gently.
"You're sleeping?" He chuckled. "You were asleep for a month, I can't believe you're still sleeping."

      He tucked himself in properly and closed his eyes. For the first time in a while, there was nothing to worry about.

A month later...

   "Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts. We will be landing soon," the hostess's voice reached Tess's ears. She yawned and picked the cake remnant into her mouth. She fastened her seatbelt and leaned back into her chair.

     She was coming back from Texas. She went there to complete her resignation process and collect her belongings. She saw her Canary and they were to glad to see her. Caleb cried again. They've already gone on three field missions. Diana was recruited to the technical department. She wasn't decorated as a field agent. It was said that she had better skills as a technical assistant than a field agent.

     She visited Ryder too in California. Stella insisted that Tess name her baby. The little guy was eventually named Bruce by Tess.

    She was able to fly first class thanks to her super rich and clingy boyfriend. He kept calling her throughout her stay in Texas and California. On one occasion, she had to turn off her phone.

      Luke moved to California. She met him there and they talked over a cup of coffee. They resolved all their issues, confessed to each other how glad they were that they passed by in their lives. He's going to be a business owner. He doesn't know which one yet, but he wants to have his own business.

    They were going down fast and she knew they were landing. She sucked in her breath and kept her eyes closed.

"We have arrived in New York City. Thank you for choosing Flyair."

     She removed her seatbelt and carried her handbag out of the airplane. She walked into the airport. She called Jason immediately.
"I'm here, where's the car?"

  "Aww, sorry angel. I forgot to tell the driver to come pick you up," he said.
"I'm not surprised, you've been acting like an old man these days."

  "Old man?" He scoffed. "Come to the office, let's have lunch together."

"I have to go to my house first."
"Alright."
"Bye honey!"

        She drove to her house and dumped her luggage there. She pulled her car out of the garage and began to drive to HolyMan. She pulled over in the parking lot and called Jason.

"I'm outside."

"Oh," he said with regret. "Come in, I'm not done with my workload yet."
"You know, ever since Luke left, you've been more serious with your work."

    She walked to the entrance and the security allowed her in. She took the elevator to his floor and got out. She was about to go in when someone stopped her.

"Who are you?" The lady said.
"Who are you?" Tess asked her.

  "I'm Mr. Gerard's receptionist. Do you have an appointment?"

  "I don't need an appointment."

"Then I'm afraid you can't see him," she stood against the door.

    Tess scoffed as she brought out her phone. She dialed Jason's number and put it on speaker.
"Hey baby," his voice came out.
"Your receptionist has something to say."
"What do you mean?"
"She said I can't see you without an appointment," Tess said while looking straight into the lady's eyes.

"What?!" He exclaimed. "Put the phone on speaker."
"It's already on."

"Audrey!"
"Yes sir?"
"Don't you recognize her? Let her in!"
"Right away sir!"

    Tess disconnected the call and opened the door.

    There were twelve people in the room. She stood still for a while before taking it all in.

  Each one of them wore a purple sweater and held up a letter. They rearranged themselves and formed, "MARRY ME ANGEL."

   She was surprised.

  Jason came around from behind and stood in front of her.
"I'm not gonna go on one knee because you hate clichés."

"You duffer," she said with a heavy voice. Her eyes were laced with tears.

He brought out a pouch. He opened it and it contained a 15-carat oval cut diamond ring.

  "Marry me?" He asked with pleading eyes.
She nodded frantically as tears flowed from her eyes.

   He placed the ring on the ring finger of her left hand. She hugged him tightly as she gave him a passionate kiss much to the excitement of the people around.

     Who said happy endings were not for people like Tess?

   Your future is not determined by your past, it's determined by your present.