Wonder Woman

Tess's patience was really tested.

"What do you mean?" She yelled in the captain's face.
"This order came from above," he said and she scoffed. "You are ordered to work with them or you hand the case over to them."

     Max and two rookies stood with boxes in their hands.
"Fine, but if they get in my way, you'll see blood."

     She walked out of the gathering. She drove back to the scene of the crime. This body was also dumped on the same spot that the previous one was found.
She looked around for a while before going back.

    When she got back, she walked straight to Diana,"Hey, can I see the footage for this week?"

"I'm sorry but not yet," she said.
"Why not?"
"Well, somebody knocked their smoothie all over my computer and also refused to apologize!" Diana said angrily shooting lasers at one of the guys that came in with Max.

"Look, I really wasn't gonna say this but if you cause problems for me and my team one more, you're out."

"You have no right to kick us out," he scoffed. "We were asked to come here because you guys were incompetent!"

   "Says the guy who's boss concluded a murder as a suicide," Mitch said and Tess's team chuckled.

"What did you say?" He lunged towards Mitch when Tess punched him in the face.

"Ooh.." Caleb taunted.
"What the hell was that for?" He yelled.

"Do I look like a pushover to you? Just because you were asked to come and pick up some crumbs we left on the floor doesn't give you the right to talk to my people like that. Get on my nerves one more time and I'll make sure you pay for it."
She threatened. "Follow me guys." Diana quickly packed a bag and followed her.

Tess was driving with Caleb in the passenger seat and the rest were squeezed at the back.

"Where are we going?" Caleb asked.
"You'll see. By the way, Diana, I have a backup of the files you lost."

"Wow."

         They eventually reached their destination. After getting off, they were all walking towards the house.

"Whose mansion is this?" David asked as he looked around in awe.

    Tess raised her hand to open the door when it flew open.

"Tess!" Barb said as she threw her arms around her daughter.
"I can't breathe," she coughed out.

"Who are these people?"

"My team."

"Oh, nice to meet you all." Barb waved.
"We'll be camping in the back for a few days." Tess informed.
"I have to hurry to the diner. I'll be back in a few hours." She hurried off to her car and drove off.

  "Your sister's beautiful," Caleb complimented.
"She's my mom." Tess threw the door open and walked straight to the kitchen. She opened the cupboard, grabbed a sack of chips and motioned to Mitch.
"Get the drinks."

     They followed her to a small cottage behind the house.

"Wow, this is no cottage," David whistled ad they walked in.
"Is it just me or does everything surprise you?"

"Guys, does this look like a typical cottage?"
He asked.

"Nope," Caleb said.
"The man's right," Mitch said as he loaded the drinks into a fridge.

"OMG!!!" The girls squealed from a room where the guys rushed in immediately. Computers of all sizes sat there. Diana was so fascinated.

      "We'll stay here until further notice," Tess said while bringing in large boxes of chocolate.
"Is that all you eat?" Caleb looked at her worriedly.
"It sustains me, you can't be low on sugar, can you?" She smiled.

  "The suspect knows how to do make up. Prosthetic make up to be precise. He's toying with us."

"I wanna catch that psycho myself." Eva said, clenching her fists.

     They were all sitting together, holding chips, chocolates and canned beers of different sizes while watching the recent footage.

"Look at that," Tess drew their attention to a particular screen. She dropped the chocolate bar she was holding and moved closer.

   "Diana, show me the next possible route someone coming from that direction could have taken."

    "There."

    The screen shows a hooded figure walking into HolyMan. Tess sat back down.

"HolyMan?"

      "You didn't even call to say you were coming," Jason said as he stood up from his chair with a smile.

"Hey, I need a favor." Tess said hurriedly.
"What is it?" Jason asked when suddenly he looked at her intently. "Do I have a criminal in my company again?"

"Seems like it."

"Let's go," he stretched out his hand to motion her to lead the way.

They went straight to the control room where Caleb was already waiting. Jason gave instructions to the people in the control room.

They went to the footage of the night that the second murder happened. A man rushed into the company telling the security guards some things and in the elevator, he dipped a wig and and rubber boots into a bag he was holding.

  "Yes!" Caleb screamed excitedly.
Tess smiled and sighed at the same time.

"Get me his details," Tess said to one of the guys in there.
"I can't believe this," Jason said dejectedly.

      It's understandable. His stock price are going to plummet again making the company secure a big loss.

"Here it is," the guy handed a piece of paper to Tess.

"Tony Stark?" Tess raised her eyebrow in disbelief.
"What?" Caleb and Jason said at the same time.
"That's his name, Tony Stark," she said again.
"I can't believe Iron Man was actually in my company," he scoffed as Tess shook her head.

"He took a day off today," Caleb pointed out.

"Good, tell the team to meet us at his address. Don't inform the other ones," she issued a warning. Caleb ran out immediately.

"Thanks a lot, I'm leaving," She patted Jason's back and walked out.

   "Wait!" Jason called and and she stopped. He walked up to her, put his hand in his pocket and brought out a bracelet.

He put it around her wrist.
"Please, be safe," he said solemnly.

"I told you I'm not interested in any.."

"I know, just take it as a gift from a friend." He said. "I don't want to listen to the news and hear that your left eye's gone along with your left... y'know...shashabingo," he pointed to her left breast.

"You pervert," she slapped his hand away. "Nothing's gonna happen to me, I'm invincible."