Chapter 10: The mysterious new friend

Within the dark forest close to a town not far from the forest, we see a group of Freedom Fighter troops engaging Eggman's bots as they march towards them and shown to be pushing them back.

The Freedom Fighter soldiers try  their best to push them back but there was just too many of them and shown to not stopping. One soldier gets down from an incoming blast and turn to his Sargent and asked.

Freedom Fighter soldier: Shall we pull back sir, their gonna break through our last cover.

Freedom Fighter Sargent: No way private! If we do, those bots will break through and destroy the town we are protecting, we can't risk that happening. We need to push them back as best we can.

They continue trying to push the enemy back but there is no use and they are starting lose their ground. One of the Eggman bots aims it's rocket at them and was about to pull the trigger but a blue beam zip bay and lands a hit onto the bots head and it fell onto the ground.

Soon more Blue beams fire within the trees and take out the  Eggman bots which surprised the Freedom Fighter soldiers and after a while, the bots were no more. Some of the soldiers cheered and that they won but on the other hand the Sargent and the rrst turn to the forest and wonder who saved them.

Then we see a quick glimpse of a blue eye before this mysterious figure disappear within the forest never to be seen again.

(Meanwhile)

With Y/n's house at Knothole we see Y/n sat down on his couch and looking at a kid drawing that he found in a abandoned house within Angel Island that shows he used to live their before Knuckles did.

It was tourn but he can make out a hand grabbing around the other hedgehogs shoulder which was himself as he wonder who this person and also wonder did he live in Angel Island many years ago and if so, how is that possible.

Y/n: (thought) It doesn't make since. Knuckles told me that his kind was killed years ago before Sonic and the rest were born. How is that possible that I am here and not old. More importantly, why did I live at Angel Island. Did I used to have a purpose there or what?

Then his thoughts were snap when he heard a knock at his door. He place down the drawing and walk over to the door and open it to see Sally there as she wave at him.

Sally: (smile) Hey Y/n, been a while.

Y/n: Yeah same.

Sally: Is there, something wrong? You were kinda troubled when you came back from Angel Island with Tangle?

Y/n: It's just.......I fouhd something that maybe connected to my past.

Sally: Really? Can you show me?

Y/n: Sure, come in and I'll show you.

Sally enter his home and Y/n close the door and enter the living room. He sat down on the couch while Sally sat on the chair as Y/n hand her the drawing and Sally takes it and look at it.

Sally: (surprised) Is that you in this drawing?

Y/n: Yeah. It was already tourn up wheni found it. It seems like someone was trying to destroy it.

Sally: Hmm and that female Echidna, I know her.

Y/n: (surprised) You do?!

Sally: Her name is Tikal. She used to bethe guardian of the master emerald years ago until her death happened during the slaughter of the chao's and the rampage of Chaos.

Y/n: I see.

Sally: But if this drawing is true then that means you were with them many years ago.

Y/n: Yeah but how is that possible?